No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys have me convinced to go with auto's when I start back. The wife's; outside girls are surviving with minimum care.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

All 3 blackberry down for a combined weight of 147g (just under 50g per plant) after drying for a week. Here's a pic of the most green pheno:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_162344.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	330026

1/2 grapefruit down and drying. Planning to find time for the rest by end of week.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
      Up next:
      [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

I wish I could smell that

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG a scratch and sniff screen, I would never leave,,,

• MmmHmmml3
          MmmHmmml3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Scratch and sniff 2.0, now with THC

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe one day lol

Transplanted these last night and just showing off the delightful roots. These pots rock! I have a friend who always finds random useful odd things and he sent me the last photo today thinking we can make our own. He has a bunch of this stuff and will update how they come out.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 08-13-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          good luck with that I like air pots too ,

I was on growers house the other day and I saw a prizm cmh light for 143 holy cow I said and bought it well about a week ago it came in and I realized why it was 143 it was a single 315 not a 630 like I have so I ordered the double and it came in yesterday so I have everything I need to set up and run 2 630 in bloom room on the light rail ,I'm waiting on some auto seeds from flash seeds before I fire it up
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

The shortest is a iced grapefruit. The other 2 are the GG#4 photos. I, or I should say mom, have 3 mos left of growing. The tallest is a GG at 7 1/2’+ tall. They were all started the same time and this is the first time in this location. Ends up there’s not enough sun there. Depending on if I have my CBD license next yr, but if I don’t they’ll all go to different spots. Electric guy came out today and parked close to where they are and made us a bit paranoid....lol. We need to stake and bend Bertha over. I can see her from my porch 100yds away. Thx spider for the seeds. Hope she can kick you ass in our personal competition....lol. Love ya bro

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll post to this since you Retodd called me out. You can do better than I did, well your mom can. The gorilla glue was 7.7 ounces per plant when divided by two. The 4x4 tent totaled 40 ounces. So you got this. Sorry I'm not around much anymore. I'm fine. If you want to talk to me PM me. To much going on now to be here.
            Last edited by Spidermite; 08-15-2019, 11:43 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Mother nature don't hold back hoping we all finish without mold issues. Our temps are in the 90s dry gonna start cooling a few degrees shortly. That first pic could be me Retodd that's what 2 mama mia look like. I gotta feeling there going into the greenhouse tent come late sept. Keep it stealthy peace.

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I’m in KY and the temp is the same here. Dealt with a lot of rain last yr and bud rot. It’s been a better season this yr. Still had to chop a grapefruit from rot, but not a lot of airflow where they were planted. It was a first time growing in that location ever. I’ll come up with a better spot next yr if I grow outside again.

no update today I didn't get into the GH I was out in the woods doing 3 week defoles on plants,oh we had one plant hermie on us strange seeing balls this time of year
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            got two more defoled ,im installing posts to tie string to so I can get plants opened up and not hit walls or ceiling of GH

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any idea why it hermied?

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            The seeds I used this year were seeds from grows where they where stressed out and got seeds so I was looking for it ,to bad it was a 6 footer

So apparently my auto fruit punch hermied slightly on me. I found 2 viable looking seeds in my first jar that I busted up to make some concentrates. If my understanding is correct, these seeds will also be feminized autos that have a very high chance of herming on me again? Or is there worse that could happen if I grow these out?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had 2 seeds in a dark devil auto ,I planted them they popped and grew they where autos ,they stayed small (but the new seeds I planted with them were small as well so they are autos seeds and they will grow

• SirSmksAlot
            SirSmksAlot commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya i think I'm gonna toss them outside next summer and see what happens.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes but the pollen could have came from an outside source,,,,,
            I would plant them outback,,,

I was staring at this stem and thought holfy fxxx thats a long stem 5 feet 4 inches from bud to stock ,I have 1/4 of her left to defole and one other plant then the three week defole is done

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a brown bag full of leaf, and I cant tell where I took them from,,,, 'cept for the girl below,,,,,

She's 59 days old today!

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually they are just rings, no bottoms,,, I used the ends for drip pans,,,

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent Rwise great idea. Saw this guy on youtube do that with swimming pools but I like yours more manageable to me.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            And food grade 55 gallon plastic drums can be had cheap and are easy to cut!

I just have one more plant to defole ,the first pic is my cinderella xx what a beast she turned into ,the second is the first I did a week ago you can see how fast they recover,Please tell me the white thing in the third pic is not a leaf hopper .I have added 3000 green lace wings eggs and 1000 lady bugs but these guys are real quick lol

The last pic is just cool I had a dart meeting and the ball field behind my house had its lights on when I got home , on the right you can see a plant up against the side of gh thats a tomato all the other shadows are my girls

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever it isn't, I smash about a dozen every morning and evening,,, and they will fly off into the mint to hide,,,

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            smashing is helping, not seeing so many now

I started to set up the security system ,installed cameras and was running the video/power line and ran out of wire the premade ones were only 60 feet ,so I figured that I would just couple two wires together all I needed were some connectors for the coax cable 3 stores later I came home and ordered them on line.4x 150 feet for 45 saves me alot of mcgivering lol

Comment

... and happy today to all

Chasing the Dream - 1

Blue Dream Automatic (Humboldt Seed Organization)
            Day: 55
            ETA: 2nd week of September

Name:	IMG_20190821_183822.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	331739

Chasing the Dream - 2
            Blue Dream Automatic (Humboldt Seed Organization)
            Day: 48
            ETA: 3rd week of September

Name:	IMG_20190821_183758.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	331740

pictures, just before the rain started

Out of the 5 plants, 2 of them have a wonderful structure. The other 3, just didnt seem branch out, but they will be thick with bud 😁

green thoughts
            8o_~

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              looking good LTC I wish I had something almost ready running low lol

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              oldjarhead100 That's why I grew autos with my photos this summer outdoors. We were also running low on stash. I'm trying for 3harvest of autos outdoors this summer, 2 sets of 2 are jarred and got 2 more still growing they are now in the greenhouse do to rain last couple days. Way to go lurking I just love fresh bud after the cure. My garden is getting real stinky

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL

I can smell something
              And it isnt the 10ish tomater plants they are sitting beside 😁

Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying the tail end of summer and getting out there to enjoy mother nature.

Things are moving along in the garden. Still no final weight for the Grapefruit because a good chunk of it is still slow drying but I can tell it's a lot better quality and more g per plant vs blackberry.

The blue dream is still chugging along. in hindsight I screwed up the LST because now everything is so close together:

Name:	20190822_210259.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	5.04 MB
ID:	331934

But I'm keeping RH low and air flow high to try and make sure I dont get bud rot. Top left plant is getting pretty chunky:

Name:	20190822_210247.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	4.90 MB
ID:	331938

Second round of Grapefruit and my first shot at growing coco is going well:

Name:	20190822_210337.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	331935

Loving coco! But i am more excited about my photos.

one of these CD-1 (11-19% CBD and <1% THC) will be a permanent mother:

Name:	20190822_210357.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	331936

And my 2nd round of the first strain I ever grew (Cookies Kush) is going much better than the 1st time around:

Name:	20190822_205956.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	331937

Although it is a real pain in the ass to try and keep res temps cool in a 4x4 under 630w CMH
            Up next:
            [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for the name mix up Ocgreen ,I use a auto watering system now but when I watered by hand I treated it like dirt and watered every few days when it needed it ,then flush once a month ,although I feel the watering 4 times a day has really made a difference in size and quality and setting up the auto system was easy ,
              Watering to run off does require plant trays and risers in the trays ,Htgsuply.com was the cheapest Ive found they were like under 3 bucks a couple of well placed bricks works well to , I bought a small wet vac and suck the water out until I set up my auto drain if you want directions for building either one let me know just to much stuff to write if not interested lol

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for the name mix up Ocgreen ,I use a auto watering system now but when I watered by hand I treated it like dirt and watered every few days when it needed it ,then flush once a month ,although I feel the watering 4 times a day has really made a difference in size and quality and setting up the auto system was easy ,
              Watering to run off does require plant trays and risers in the trays ,Htgsuply.com was the cheapest Ive found they were like under 3 bucks a couple of well placed bricks works well to , I bought a small wet vac and suck the water out until I set up my auto drain if you want directions for building either one let me know just to much stuff to write if not interested lol

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey oldjarhead100 np and thanks for offering to provide more details. I took your advice and ordered a bunch of 13" plant risers for a few bucks each and some saucers at dollar store. And then I was out with my son at hardware store and was really happy to find a 15 gal 6hp shop vac with stainless steel tub for only $90 CDN. Never occurred to me but this will also be really helpful when I need to empty a DWC tote with multiple plants. Works great and I'm happy with price

Will let you know if I need more info on that auto system. Sounds like something I should pursue at some point but too many things on to do list already to look at it right now. Thanks again

Hey ocgreen yes I put elevator under pots and use those plastic rings for collecting run off saves your floor. You can get them at any plant section in the states there cheap under a buck. I mix my soil with coco coir so not seeing salts but OJ knows his coco
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks 😊 I ended up grabbing some elevators, saucers and a shop vac for about a hundred bucks Canadian. Not sure I totally understand how much to water and when but I'm getting closer and plan to do some more reading tonight

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X