No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on another growth spurt like.........I need these sites to grow out! Ughhh. Month and a half old or so. P98 BK Topped and trained. don’t know if I should have but it seems to be working out. I need her to get muuuch bigger though.... Click image for larger version

Name:	CF5463B9-AED5-48AC-AFF0-CDC282292B8D.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	326882
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks furley and budgal. And mud, I appreciate you looking out and you may be right as far as genetics goes because IDK where he gets his but must of them have been good grows imo.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll come around - just hope it grows vertically first.
      Best not to comment on the other part of the post.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I am about to harvest a sweet tooth and Durban poison from New420guyseeds. They were under t5 for only 2wks transplanted to 5gal container outdoors for 75days. These have been trouble free other than now they are foxtailing a tad. But they look great, very frosty so sorry I don't have ability to show photos so it's just my word. I am now into 3rd seed of GDP auto and it's looking weak as the other 2 I grew so I know it's bad genetics/unstable but it happens. I will continue to buy his seeds.

I know the pot is way too small. Wasn't planning for it, one seed made two seedlings. The other took off and this grew like a bonzai for a while. It has been sitting off to the side outdoors for a while. Actually just cut off 4 clones from this for a friend.

The blurple shot is unrelated and just thought it looked cool. Lavender around 45 days flower.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 08-01-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats a ton of Gacamole , I use tidycat litter buckets for alot of stuff gotta make do with what you have, then every now and then you can splurge lol

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those tidy cat buckets are insanely durable.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      HappyDaze

I been hitting a couple of ice cream shops, for the last couple of summers (10L food grade plastic)
      One place gives them away. Used to be able to get 10-15 at a time. Now it only seem to be 4 or 5. Some folks are figuring it out
      The other shops charge for their empties

I also hit up various restaurants

the first 3 pictures are of a woods plant that I kept home (She was a bad girl lol) to use as a water reference I give her the same water as woods plants and she told me when they needed more until we got the timing right ,now she just growing along lol the third pic is one stem just one that grew into its own tree ,I am just amazed at the size of the stock in the 4th pic and the last I was sitting on my patio with a buddy and he says are you growing corn ,no why well he says I was just wondering if that was corn or a weed ,its a weed . I have 2 tillers one a mantis and the other a huskyvarna ,I coulcn't get it running right ,changed the carb, gave up and brought it to a shop a month goes by and they said its ready they could not fix it ,(it would run like a top for 20 seconds then cough and die) they said they scoped the cylinder and it was scored and that might be the problem so I took it to an old timer and he fixed in 3 days ,turns out the plug was no good ,when you checked for spark it showed good but it would build up resistance and not spark , 50 years of experience fixed that tiller now I can turn the weed over and fix/amend the garden bed, I used the mantis 4 stroke to till rows in the rest of the garden , I'm working towards a no till garden but have a ways to go before its ready lol .
    If you ever want to get I tiller I highly recommend the new 4 stroke that they have ,my buddy bought one for 450 and then he needed money so he sold it to me for 300 ,this thing is amazing what a little work horse and not all the noise its so quite if you didn't start it you wouldn't know it was running lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, good ol' Altoids tin brings me back. Had one of those for nearly a decade.

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Add some Butterflies and you can charge admission LOL (take care of any bugs too) It is so nice to see all that growth. Nothing but GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN !

Grapefruit and Blackberry about 8-9 weeks from seed so they should be close to finishing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190802_080030.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	4.34 MB
ID:	327153

At this point my plan is to replace existing nute water in reservoir with plain ph water and let them flush for about a week before harvesting. Does that seem right? This will be my 2nd harvest and 1st time flushing.

Also, does anyone leave their plant in 72 hours of darkness before harvesting? I had someone recommend but not sure I want to risk chance for mold or some other type of calamity.

Here are some trich pics. Would appreciate if others could weigh in re readiness to harvest

Name:	20190802_075547.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	327154

Name:	20190802_075338.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	327155

Name:	20190802_075603.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	327156
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I love those berry phenos so pretty.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I see amber clip a bud leave it out overnight and try it if you like the buzz its ready lol,
      OC i'm just going to throw this out there because it helped me when I fill my res I mix nutes in a 5 gallon bucket in this order Silica (Give at least 1 hour for it to dissolve),cal-mag, any other nutrients ,kelp,fish seaweed ect. Grow or bloom, pk boosters, sm90 or wetting agent,hydrogaurd. I noticed a difference right away plants got bigger healthier trunks,stems,color everything better.
      at this point in your grow I would do as you said but also add some molasses unsulffered ,it won't depart a taste and yes leaving your plant in the dark is supposed to increase res/tric production, I leave my fans on so no danger of mold I cant tell if it works how would you check that lol

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey SoOrbudgal totally agree. Beautiful pheno

Hey oldjarhead100 thanks for tips. I don't use a lot of the individual products you mention but I think my noob friendly 1-part fertilizer (Mega Crop) contains a lot of those things. Right now I am only using the Mega Crop, a PK booster and a powdered carb called Sweet Candy which I think does same thing as molasses (i of course learned that after i bought a big bag of Sweet Candy lol). Thanks again

When I flush my hydro I do at least 3 complete water changes during the week. My first grow I just did 1 and it wasn't as clean of a smoke as I like.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      A water transfer will be fine. I just do a good clean and sterilization before I start my next crop

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok great. I was hoping that would be good enough. Thanks again

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a problem. Glad to help when I can lol.

Nice looking bud btw

Comment

Chopped down the Candy Kush yesterday - little disappointing that she stopped growing at 17 inches - i'm guessing 60 grams Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0350.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	4.73 MB
ID:	327405Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	327406Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	5.29 MB
ID:	327407
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        Man those buds are looking super frosty!

• ReeferMadnezz
        ReeferMadnezz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Canuck, how long was it from start to finish for that one?

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        75 days

Couple of Think Big buds - she's done - axing this weekend. Plus had to bring them in last night cuz of rain - thc bomb in the shower Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0354.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	4.51 MB
ID:	327409Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0357.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	327410Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	327411
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that first pic talk about frost

• MmmHmmml3
        MmmHmmml3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking nice

Bored..waiting...watching....

Name:	AD8452EB-A3AF-4E23-A22E-FBC5FA6F7238.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	327461Click image for larger version

Name:	D9B1A195-C3BD-4574-A7AC-BE004B5FF791.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	327462
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats why so many of us grow in multiple rooms it gives you other stuff to do while your waiting lol

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        My G/F has a new way of finding me around the house in the evening....she waits 15 minutes for the sound of the tent zipper. I'm in the same headspace...watching and waiting.

The good news is, I don't have any money right now, so I'm not down at the hydro shop, buying more grow stuff.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to upgrade your light to the 450 viparspectra. I used that same one you have when I started. Spidermite told me about the 450 and I switched. Trust me, for the $120 from amazon it’s well worth it. It has 2-5” bun fans and a selector for bloom and veg.

1st pic my pineapple chunk has started to bloom , 2nd pic I had to super crop my Alaskan purple it was hitting the roof, and the third and forth are of my Blue Fire the third was the smaller of the two plants when I planted so it went in the woods girls the forth is now 6 feet tall and at least a 4x4.
      AND the last look at this beast of a horse fly holy shit it was bigger than a quarter , I had to pull over to kill it before it got me lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning OJ say how's that old plant that you stuck in a corner did it ever bloom? Yuck......horse fly some young driver here crashed cause she was freaking out over a bee in her car. I don't think she got hurt just ran off the road high centered in a ditch from what I was told. Anyhow it's a humid one here today went out early watered veggie garden at 6am then went to looking at my 2 autos took a good bud from each to scope out got about a week to go. My 2 6ft+ mama mia from seedsman are in preflower, fed them some flora nova bloom GH and some molasses/guano tad bit. Rest of them photos still giving poop teas they are all drinking well and needing water every other day. Hope your day goes well, take it easy and keep hydrated.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I see your local temp with be in the high 80s today. How hot does it get in your greenhouse even with all of those fans?

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        HappyDaze I believe they were all free seeds ,I did 2 each and grew the best one
        @Budgal No it didn't make it It looked like it was getting bud rot with no buds so I tossed it ,I have a 55 gallon Barrel that I filled 1/4 full of cow poop ,yesterday I refilled it and added some sea bird Guano and some cal/mag to give them a shot of p/k right at the beginning of bloom
        starramus well it says its hot but with the breeze it feels ok , none of the girls show heat stress (wind burn from the fans), I have lollypoped everything and have fans blowing under /over/and into the girls,so if it says 90 it feels like 75-80

The string of 100+ days has for now ended, and today a "mild" 93 degrees is forecast. So here are my 17 plants happily vegging in full sun. I have had them in partial sun in a utility car port attached to my barn. Nobody looks heat stressed other than a male who is isolated out in the field. I have 18 plants, but one turned out to be a male Purple Maze Kush which I will soon chop, and, tag, and bag. I plan on retaining the pollen for some future breeding program. His "wife" can be seen towering in the background. It is said that this strain if planted in good ole terra firma will reach 12 feet in height. Looks to be a bumper harvest this fall. I really do not know what I will do with all of this flower other than drive around giving it away to the homeless. Maybe I can brighten their day in some small way. I have five White Russian clones. Two on the left are from a vegging WR. The two on the right are monster cropped. Another older clone is towards the back of the ATV trailer. I use the trailer to keep them up out of the bugs since I still have been too lazy to move out my greenhouse. With 100 degree temps you can guess my motive for inactivity. The Siamese twin is a Girl Scout Cookie. I did not top her. Her twinhood is naturally occurring. Finally there is balls aplenty soon to be made less dangerous.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by starramus; 08-03-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow I hope you have help trimming when that day comes. Very nice sets of clones they all are just loving the outdoors they seem to grow so much quicker. My fabric bags are drying out nearly every other day, It's windy which helps keep the bugs down but dries them out faster. We've been lucky here no 100 degree days just like you "mild" 90s. I have started more clones today off of the cookie strain and my favorite this summer that is doing great are the mama mias took a few more useless branches off her. If these ones go well I made a trade with a neighbor for 2 jaeger he got a mother from a fella in Selma. I'm really wanting to try that strain. Us too we mosey out at 6am till about 11am then it's indoors till after sunset out again and may water something I've missed. You have a beautiful grow going starramus take it easy.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow big wagonettes lol they look very happy ,how far away is the male I would be very nervous about him lol

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	327645oldjarhead100 I almost forgot my insectile curiosity. Insectile so obscure spell check claims it is misspelled. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/insectile

a cicada caught napping in the driveway. It has some unusual markings.

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a very unique and pretty pattern on that cicada. This year has been kind of quiet as far as they go. The ones I've have seen this year are all flat green and black. That one is pretty cool looking.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovely patterned insect.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        While cruising on the Harley you dont want to catch one of these right between the eyes running 75 mph (or so) down the highway,,,, have Bass, great bait!

Well all of the auto plants have been harvested. One is still drying. I can not complain about the yields at all. Still curing and one plant was pretty larfy but it made a bunch of it. No idea why it came out that way. But it is nice and frosty.

The first photo plant will be harvested tomorrow. Next batch of plants are already on their third nodes but nice to have the tent closed for awhile. The babies just went to the led tent prior to going to MH.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite
        Your 450 LED in veg tent, do you run it just veg (more blue) or full bore (assuming you have veg/bloom switches)

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        I always run them with both switches on. I've never tried with just the veg switch.

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I wondered if you needed to use the veg/bloom switches, I used both last year, was thinking about switching this year. But I like the autogrow stuff and will try it this year with just leds.

THC Bomb - day 70 edit-couple pics in the sun Click image for larger version

Name:	20190806_061752.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	328123Click image for larger version

Name:	20190806_061737.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	328124Click image for larger version  Name:	20190806_051447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	328106Click image for larger version  Name:	20190806_051426.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	328107Click image for larger version  Name:	20190806_051329.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	328108
      Last edited by Canuck147; 08-05-2019, 01:25 PM.
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Chemdog - day 72 48 inches tall in a 1 gallon fabric pot - it's a pain, a good fart would blow it over without the paint cans Click image for larger version

Name:	20190806_064052.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	328132Click image for larger version

Name:	20190806_062250.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	328133
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          You sure can grow in those small pots. Here even with the high humidity I'd have to water several times a day in soil. I have 7 gallon plus pots and have to water everyday in flower. It's amazing the size of those plants in gallon pots.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I should have topped her - but didn't - just let her grow.

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          I was worried about my wife's outside autoflower grow being in 2 gal fabric pots, now, not so much.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X