No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get much done yesterday for work I had a date with my Granddaughter we picked blueberries,then made pancakes ,cut up some watermelon and fed the rinds to the chickens , then went to a family day at the park a friend puts on to thank vets, pretty good time for free, so anyways my GD wanted a smiling Tiger painted on her face ,once she got that she completely ran out of steam ,didn't want ice cream, didnt want to check anything else out ,just wanted to go home lol we met her parents there so thats what they did ,when we got home at 3 I checked everything out, I was worried because of the heat and humidity index but they pulled though just fine
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Harvested part of the unknown auto tonight. Hopefully it's tangerine dream, it doesn't smell like weed, but more like fruity pebbles or fruit punch. Still have the rest of the plant ripening another week. Hope this wasn't a bad idea, but it saves me from having to buy more to hold me over. Tried to only remove what was blocking the buds left on the plant.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-22-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir you can bet I have!

• MmmHmmml3
        MmmHmmml3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't believe the weight, two entire auto duck plants only weighed about 60g-70g after trimming. Note to self, don't grow first plant using your most expensive seeds.

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        MmmHmmml3 Love your "note to self" comment. Best advice I ever received about growing weed was to grow a couple of tomato plants first, and do all the science experiments on them. If you fry 'em, no big loss.
        I still experiment on the tomatoes in our yard, and I've been growing weed for "awhile".

Here I set a day (or 2) late and dollar (or so) short,, it has been a rough week, my favorite Aunt passed which meant a road trip into an illegal state. That made for one tough day, but as soon as we got back into OK we stopped and got some meds! (GG4, nice must add to the seed list). It will not be to long before I am the eldest of my clan,,,
      These pics taken Sunday, The CG went though a bit more training (just pulling and tying down), the Headbanger well she does not like the heat, poor choice for outdoor (or for a new grower). The BB3 is doing well, that twisted leaf is on the RG,,, and typing about the RG just look at her! Now what would all you guys and gals do with her? A friend was looking at her, stepped around for another angle, and then down inside the plant gently moving branches to the side "damn that IS just 1 plant!"! Well it is 2 plants that were to close to separate, so close they look to have grown together, for me I see 2 different phenotypes with 1 having purple stems to the leaf. then the Widow Banger she is doing well, looking forward to seeing just what this cross will do!

Comment

Blue Dream'matic continuing to do well. For reference, the DIY training board is an 18" by 18" square:

Click image for larger version

Name:	inCollage_20190723_084155466.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	324539

Surprised to see a Cream Cookies survive and continue to grow:

Name:	20190723_083405.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	324540

And I'm happy to report that the Spidermite inspired defoliation is paying dividends so far:

Name:	inCollage_20190723_084641432.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	324541
        Looking frosty in there these days:

Name:	inCollage_20190723_084716393.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	1,009.8 KB
ID:	324542

Last but not least, I am really proud of my 2nd round of Cookies Kush so far. It was my first grow and it's off to a way better start this time around:

Name:	inCollage_20190723_085025760.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	812.1 KB
ID:	324543

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Growing indoors is the only thing that will make me miss Canadian fall/winter. Those cold night temps help quite a bit!
        Up next:
        [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

we are going away for a few days so I watered the GH and took a picture Ill take another one when we get home
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great.

• SirSmksAlot
            SirSmksAlot commented
            Editing a comment
            That does look really good!

I need some quick advice. Should have mentioned it previously, but didn't realize it just now. Planning to let the partially harvested auto sit for another week or so.

It's sunny next 2 days and then 80% thunderstorms till auguest 2nd. I know it sets the plant back a couple days or so when I cut some off.

What I need to know is if it makes sense to just harvest the rest now. Will the buds get any better during the two sunny days or will it just mostly be recovering?
          Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-23-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Your buds will continue to ripen.
            It as a staged harvest (take the ripe upper colas, leaving the lower colas to finish)
            Just, dont let them get wet

Good luck

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, will chop it tomorrow night to avoid a week of storms.

Sooo, I’ve been gone 4 days aaaaaand, my p98 responded vigorously to being topped! It’s like not only did she NOT miss a beat but actually excelled. I did a defol just now and I have to get some ties tomorrow because she is more than ready to make for some easy LST work. Super stoked. I think she’ll be a monster.🤞🤞lets hope. Well until next time...

Name:	96117A3A-85F0-48C7-A894-EF40CCCE5686.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	324703
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            hey Juicy I was in lowes and I bought some fence ties (6 inch aluminum with a hook on the end ) in packs of 100,some even had a coating to cover the shafts ,under 10 bucks if you factor in the cost of wire its not bad for a replacement

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking nice

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks guys.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_83051.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	324790Click image for larger version  Name:	image_83050.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	324789 P98 lst/defol

these are those same shoots 9 days ago

Name:	63C97916-FB49-4AE6-ABEB-7E7033DE8FE7.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	324814
          Last edited by Juicyj89; 07-24-2019, 03:10 PM.
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

So my latest girls have all been topped - few strategically removed fan leaves - only LST I am doing is gently encouraging the branches to grow away from the center - for the later weeks to try and guard against mold and bud rot. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_052922.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	959.9 KB
ID:	325014Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_052902.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	325015
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking nice. Down here in the southern US states it has been so wet and humid that inside, outside, in greenhouse and everywhere in between we have been having to work double time to prevent mold and bud rot. I'm hoping August will be dry like it normally is.

Just to give you an example of how odd it has been last night was 58 degrees and it's only 81 right now. Usually the high is 95 plus and about 80 at night.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Now dont complain to much about the break in the heat, it is coming back!
              But the honey bees are already moving honey the the nest area, it is a bit early for that,,, or do they know something?

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol I'm not the one complaining. It's my plants.

Harvested a Six Shooter auto today. No preliminary weights. I'll wait until its dried. But have a Girl Scout Cookies to harvest tomorrow.

Name:	20190725_145218.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	325052Click image for larger version

Name:	20190725_151129.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	325053Click image for larger version

Name:	20190725_153216.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	325054Click image for larger version

Name:	20190725_153244.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	325055
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice and STICKY!!!

Here is a Rusty Glue I "gently" tied down a day or so ago, the white rod is 48", left is the top, right is a limb.

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Rwise, I use this technique, "Bending" on my grows and very happy with the end results so far. Looking forward to the finish!

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I learned this from Mother Nature, and it works

I'm am going to try 2 plants in Coast of Maine soil next grow in 15 gallon air pots with 1 other plant in Fox Farms Ocean forest in a 10 gallon and a 7 gallon with Ocean Forest. The Coast of Maine says no nutrients needed with a 15 gallon pot so we will see. Cost almost twice as much as Fox Farms.
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              When you run FFOF do you add anything to it? (e.g. extra perilite)

I want to start some photos in soil so I can maintain a few as mothers.. bag of FFOF sitting in basement... but I have killed everything I ever tried to grow in soil.

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I add about 30% perlite to the soil

Chemdog - 48 inches - 60 days up - abounding in 9 finger leaves Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	5.24 MB
ID:	325110
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice outdoor grow! The plants are doing real well. I agree with the stockpile, Working on it myself LOL.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              thats how we roll...

Hello All ! Found some time to jump on with some updates as time runs short real quick. All is going well with the spring /summer grow with the plants enjoying the sun and fun of summer. The 2 Acapulco Gold Gen -1 Clones outdoor are doing real nice considering temps have been 101*-102*. The autos, Gorilla Glue and White Cheez have been up posted and moved into "THE BOX" and will finish there. (Will start a seperate grow journal) My clones, Acapulco Gold Gen-2 "Bernadette" is almost ready for the tent and the other girls ready for the final pots and a nice location in the sun outside. The most interesting is my surprise re-veg Motel 6 on round 2. It is growing to beat the band and healthy as can be ! Attached some photos. 1st photo from 7/17 all others from 7/21. Enjoy! Good Growing !!

Comment

Beautiful garden my friend!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X