No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defoliated grapefruit and blackberry quite a bit based on earlier discussion:

Before
    Click image for larger version

Name:	inCollage_20190718_213619211.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	323676

After

Name:	20190719_194528.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	323675

I am a little worried about doing so much at once but let's see what happens. Definitely a lot more light getting to bud sites and a lot less risk for bud rot, etc.

Thanks again for the tips Spidermite

One more blackberry photo 😍

Name:	20190719_193748.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	323677
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

Well I finished about 1/4th of Defoling one of the photo plants today. This is what you can expect if you di it right.

Name:	20190719_220222.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	323751Click image for larger version

Name:	20190719_215748.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	323752Click image for larger version

Name:	20190719_215736.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	323753Click image for larger version

Name:	20190719_215613.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	323754
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      So that’s all larf and popcorn?
      FatBoy40 I’m really excited about the same thing! Can’t wait to see your grow once it’s harvested.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that's just what I cut off the photo plant I'm defoliating first. It still has about the same or maybe a little more that what's in that bowl to go. Then I have 4 more to do. And of course it will be harvested In about 2 to 3 weeks. The popcorn buds from this plant as you saw had many buds most would t consider to be popcorn buds. But I do.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s awesome!!! When you say you’re defoliating... are you not harvesting? Sorry for the continued stream of dumb questions, lol. Are the trichs finished on the buds you’re removing? How far into flower are you? How long until main harvest?

Yes I am just defoliating and removing all the lower buds that block light and air flow. And almost every fan leaf. I am not harvesting yet. The plant is 7 weeks Into flower The gorrila glue has a flower period of 7 to 9 weeks. The trichs are almost all cloudy with a few clear so it will be a nice smoke with just a bit more thinking and energy which I like. In 2 to 3 weeks when all are cloudy with some amber I will harvest it.

The whole point is to prevent bud rot and mold. However if I lolipopped the plant when I flipped it and again 3 weeks later I would have not gotten 62grams of good bud(after drying it will be 62 grams so far. And when I'm done with that one plant I'll have around 3 to 4 ounces of what's in that bowl. Then I have 4 more plants to go. I'll end up with about 13 ounces of semi popcorn bud that everyone who lollipops will lose out on.

Does that make sense?
    Last edited by Spidermite; 07-20-2019, 07:02 AM.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes way more sense once you explained it. So basically when you do the first big defoliate you leave all the lower bud sites and only remove leaves? Then as it's flowering you just pick off the lower buds? I noticed I removed everything on the bottom section, even the little buds before they could develop.

• Obi-Wan
      Obi-Wan commented
      Editing a comment
      Spidermite just curious, what’s the wattage on your light? I run a 400w hid and I’m not sure I’d get the same penetration that you get. I’d be happy for you to tell me I’m wrong cause I’d love to pull another zip per plant but me thinks I’m maxed out. I generally end up with about 12” of cola when I lollipop and the bottom 4” is popcorn nug, at least it’s what I call popcorn nug.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Obi-Wan I am running a 1000 watt mh/hps in that tent. I dont think you could do the same with a 400 watt light. But I've never tried it.

It does! My mentor lollipopped my plants pretty early on (was still veg) before I knew anything about pruning, defoliation, etc. Were I to do it now, I’d leave all the bud sites. You’re getting a crazy amount of bud; I love it!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes just realize if you do it people will tell you your doing it wrong until you start harvesting twice the bud they do.

wow ….NOW I can see where the Big Guys and Gals play.
    Count me in next time.
    looking to compete in small growers 4x2 class or mirco class with the old trusty CFL bucket
    You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Please come a d join us. It is seriously fun.

Day 63 for Candy Kush Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	5.27 MB
ID:	323897Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0331.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	323898Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	323899
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup - all 17 inches of her.

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. It's funny how small autos grow. Mine is a touch over 2 feet

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, going to have to grow some of these autos after fishing season! Nice plants.

Crazy sativa plant in her 1 gallon pot is now at 48 inches - preflowers are happening - but as thin as they are she is top heavy - thought about putting the 1 gallon into a 3 gallon and just fill in the space with dirt - even started doing it. But didn't.

Wind blew her down twice already - hence - paint cans to stabilize. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190721_092024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	323957Click image for larger version  Name:	20190721_092010.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	323958
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      She's a beautiful girl; why don't you put her in a larger pot?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Basic idea of fabric is so the roots get pruned by the airflow. Too late to transplant.

Thought this was an interesting article

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent food for thought - I'm not experienced enough to take on any of the authors experiments

I have often wondered about curing, chlorophyll and why cured buds are still green.

I was outside by 6;30 yesterday morning and was sweating by 632 lol ,I did a defole on one of my manifolded plants to get more air flow, need to do the other 3 today . just to keep good airflow and reduce the chance of bud rot , I am learning all kinds of stuff about growing in a green house ,like if you have a plant thats only going to grow 3 feet tall and one that 6 keep the short plant closest to the south facing side ,I have one manifolded plant thats now getting shaded out by a beast of a plant unknown strain , plant a little closer to the middle of the GH just to give them a little more room ,think about airflow while planting ,amazing what you take for granted before you see reality lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the key benefit using the greenhouse vs just growing outside? I have a nice size yard and thought about making one, but not sure of the best environment for using one. It's super hot and humid here and winter doesn't typically hit freezing except maybe a few days each year.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      the benefit will be in Sept.and October when bud rot sets in outside this way I can keep them dry,the rest of the summer they would do fine outside, I also like being able to control watering

Hey if someone could send me the link to this weeks news letter thanks
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Grew 5 autos from msnl.com. got about 2pounds. One auto give up 9+ Oz's. They have the best genetics of anyone I ever tried. Not big on competition etc. I just grow to blaze and give half away. We make infused coconut oil also. Yinz got some wonderful plants here on this thread. Thanks for looking

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm currently growing a fruit punch auto from heavyweight seeds and its quite impressive so far. Mostly sativa. The discription says it's the most social strain on earth. It's about 30 inches tall after being topped and lst'd. It's equally as wide. Quite possibly the nicest plant I've grown to date. Also my first auto.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds delicious. Can’t wait to see how it turned out!

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      @MmmHmmm13 Try here Flashseeds.com

Almost need a black poster board to put behind them to see them...lmao. Mom took these with her iPad and its a gen 1. A few got hit with something and I guess she took a ton of yellow leaves off and you can see how one of the stems snapped. I could smell her as soon as she got in the house. I sent her down with some cal mag and terpinator mixed up. She found some blue mold on one and she’s going to spray some copper on it. Those glue and one grapefruit are driving me insane! Start flowering! Lol. Ok, not much a change in a week. Tt y’all soon. All of yours are looking great. My autos should be here tomorrow, so I’ll get them started indoor and decide on wether or not I’ll let them grow wild outdoors. They have time.
    🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm crossing my fingers to you folks back easterly, we don't get but maybe few days of humidity nothing like you all experience. I bet those are stinking up your place LOL.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats how they are supposed to look like weeds lol

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I’m in KY SoOrbudgal the weather here has sucked all year.

My fruit punch enjoying the sun. I'm guessing 4 weeks to go🌞

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty plant sir great job lovely garden

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you kindly

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking great

Could not watch y'all have all the fun. Wife is going to plant in her garden until my growing season.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Damn snails!!! Didn't know what fd up my northern light special male sitting across the yard until tonight. I am seeing a shitload of snails lately all in the garden.

I really wanted to harvest more pollen from this. At this point even if it heals up and grows nicely will the quality of pollen be affected? If so then I will just toss it right now.

What in the world is this clear goo??? It feels like jello and there is a pretty decent amount on the soil.
    Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      snail or slug juice they use it to help movement ,I have heard that beer in a bowl or saucer that they will crawl in and drown ,the pollen should be ok if it hasn't already done its thing

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks going to toss a few around the yard. Would love to get them out of my papaya trees.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X