The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same plant just turned over I thought it was cool
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Frosty
      Click image for larger version

Name:	85BE8C02-199D-4D02-B2BE-C23FD785E72B.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	319632
      STACKIN

Name:	D270B1C0-FA89-4106-A637-D3C1314FD9FF.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	319633
      GG#4 Outdoor Reveg
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Tsarina the clone of my Monster finished a full 2 weeks early. I am theorizing due to the high temps, and extreme solar radiation. Hit 102 degrees the other day. Summer time is not a good time to finish blooming. I should have furnished some shade. Hopefully not too much damage was done to the trichomes. Click image for larger version

Name:	Tsarina.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	319719Click image for larger version

Name:	Tsarina damage.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	319720Click image for larger version

Name:	contrasting trichs Tsarina.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	319721
        Sequentially harvesting with plenty of good sized buds. Of course the bowl test will tell the tale. Several ozs, but she was not in veg very long. harvesting the Monster will be an ordeal.

Name:	IMG_0262.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	319722

Comment

Is it normal for water to rise in pH from sitting? Mixed 64oz water with calmag and 1ml pH down. Right after it was kind of low around 5.6, but 20 min later it was 6.4. I used it and had some left which showed up pH 8.2 the next day. Thought maybe it needed to be calibrated again, but tap water shows 7.1 which is normal.

Harvesting auto duck saturday night which will be 80 days. Any tricks or tips between now and then? Do I want to water more or less?

Do these plants look ok? I feel like the green is a little on the light side, but doesn't it fade normally since nutes have less N?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-04-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lesser than less.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            they looking great. about the ph its actually pretty odd because ph tends to go down in sitting water as the CO2 dissolves into it. the opposite happens when you leave an airstone on and the ph goes up because all the oxygen being dissolved. my only guess the calmag could react overtime with the ph down but im just guessing

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I don't know whats with the pH right now. I left tap water out last night and today it shows pH 8, but 7 past night and no nutes. I double check calibration by testing fresh tap water and its 7 again. I will keep testing and maybe borrow a pen or bring mine to the local shop and do a few test.

Flipped June 2nd first pistols showed June 12th.

Name:	20190704_144046.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	319834Click image for larger version

Name:	20190704_144114.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	319835
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            wow for 4 weeks into bloom those buds look amazing what strain is that

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 The second pic has Original Glue front left and back right. Clarendon Candy front right and back left. And iced Grapefruit in the center. The 1st pic is the Clarendon Candy.

These plants are passing my expectations by leaps and bounds. If I dont mess something up over the next few weeks I think this will be my best grow yet.

• Keewee101
            Keewee101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Look amazing

Chasing the Dream - Day 7
          Blue Dream Auto (HSO)

Name:	IMG_20190704_175757.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	813.7 KB
ID:	319867

Green Thoughts
          8o_~

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm starting my blue dreams this week. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Day 37 for THC Bomb - she's ready to explode.......... Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_123149.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	319923Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_123127.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	319924
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to love growing thc bomb you couldn't screw up the nutes,with big fat buds at the end

I knew it was going to be warm in the GH so I set up what fans I had available 2 20 inch box fans,1 18 inch oscillating and and a home made one, I'm glad I did , the first pick is at 6 feet and the second at 2 feet I think the humidity is higher on the second one cause that pail has water in it lol, I also Lolly popped the manifolded plants ,I would like to get some high volume fans shaped like those window fans to hang at the very top I disconnected the end plastic from the top down and they would fit perfect
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW 113*F, that seems a tad warm,,,, I see why you want fans!

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't have access to elec. where my GH is so I moved my infirmary weaklings back out into the sunshine. Yes mine would be hot like yours and probley hermie or worse if I left them in there.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100
            What about flap vents at the top of the GH?

Guys and Gals, I have a question, what would you do with this Mazar I Shariff (left)? I used her to make seed, then plated her outside in hopes she would veg out again with the long days. Not happening, and the days are now growing shorter, in fact she has done not much of anything since her seed pods were taken from her. My thought is to pull her and plant an Auto back (65 day)

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you are both right, and I dropped an auto seed to sprout, I do have seed from her for next grow/year so she has paid for herself.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            are those coffee cans to collect rain water? sorry for your loss ,I just hate tossing plants

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I use them for many things, like scopes to dig (measure/mix) dirt with, but they do collect water, like I need it with all the rain we have had 1/2" yesterday and more today. The weather person says we got 1" but my cans have 2 inches pr more in them, they are also my rain gauge,,,

ocgreen I saw a question you posted about the fans. I actually have 4 fans on the ground in that tent and the one above. When the plants are small I aim them at the pots to dry them out faster. When the plants get bigger I aim the fans at the lower part of the main stem. I want all the plants to appear to be blowing in the wind. It strengthens the plants stems so they can hold more bud, it keeps bugs away especially dirt gnats, it in my opinion helps increase the size of the buds. Mostly it just helps prevent mold and bud rot. I would definitely need to defol the plants alot more if I didnt set the fans up the way I do.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• ocgreen
            ocgreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Spidermite. After I saw your pic I changed my two fans from blowing sideways more directly at plants to pointing up from ground and it's way better. Like you say it's more of a blowing in the wind gently. Thanks again

2x BlackBerry and 2x Grapefruit by FastBuds starting to fill the 4x4:

Name:	inCollage_20190704_193649703.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	998.0 KB
ID:	320112

Main blackberry cola showing a bit of purp:

Name:	20190705_182919.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	320113

Next wave of Blue Dream'matic doing ok after some help from Canuck147 and others:

Name:	20190705_183034.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	320114

Cream Cookies plunked same time as Blue Dream'matic not doing as well:

Name:	20190705_183046.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	320115

But I'm plugging along and enjoying the process.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
          Up next:
          [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks Great!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great I love the perpetual garden until timing issues then they really get screwed up lol

Pre 98 Bubba Kush @12 days above soil.

Name:	9456732D-490D-43D9-9F55-0E51E523C0BC.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	320179
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Spidermite

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Juicy did the Bubba Kush change in 98 ,why the before and after ?

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess I’m missing what you’re asking ojh

Hi Juicy may I ask if that p98 bubba kush and black domina are a hybrid cross or 2 different seeds?
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah sorry it’s different. Be a cool cross probably but the black didn’t even germinate. Just the p98

A few Saturday pics, with less rain and some training, I think they are looking better, the Rusty Glue has really taken off, grow baby grow!
          I took the Mazar I Sharif, it was not going to make, so an Auto Snow banger seed is soaking (now sunk) to take its place.

Comment

Harvested first plant today (auto duck) and wondering how the trim looks? I keep wanting to follow the stem of the leaves all the way back to the main stem and snip them, but I'm thinking this is wrong? If you only grow for personal use and will have way more than you need then does it make sense to trim super heavy? Wouldn't this leave only the most potent parts and also be smoother?

39g pre trim, 25g after and I should expect roughly half the weight after it dries?

Thanks to everyone here for all the help.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-06-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              its 25 % mmmhmmm ,I dont sell anything so its all for personal use ,but you are correct the more stems you leave on the harsher the weed that being said .I run mine through a bud spinner and use the trim for oil,but my buds usually have more leave/stem material than others,I dont think it makes it to harsh after a proper cure

• MmmHmmml3
              MmmHmmml3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know, thanks. I will be saving trim and vape leftovers to cook or extract with. Now I just need to find the right amount to use. Have about half oz of collected vape grinds from the last 3 weeks.

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              @oldjarhead I used the bud spinner and also hand trimmed some of my StarDawg buds. After a 3 to 4 week sure they were both equally as good In my opinion. Not to mention the future stock pile of trichomes that build up in the bowl. But I honestly couldnt tell the difference even.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X