No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plants seem to be recovering well. Still need a couple days, but they already look much better. I wanted to start flowering my other plants, but still have two autos with about 2 weeks left. I feel like if the three photos keep growing they will be too large for the room unless I start now. I thought the largest plant was an auto (seeds got mixed up), but no flowers after a month and it's getting really big. Anyway, will it really affect my flowering autos by finishing under 12/12? I'm guessing it wouldn't matter and can move outdoors (very sunny) if that might be better

Here is a before and after of one of the sledgehammer affected plants and then one of the flowering ducks that I'm thinking need 2 weeks (60 days on 6.20).

Attached Files
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 06-16-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Your autos wont produce as much under 12/12 but will finish just fine. If they can finish under real sun that would definitely be how I finished them.

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, going to move em to the garden in the morning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0255.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	315950Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0254.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	315951 "Welcome to the Jungle" https://youtu.be/joq114XAPM8 (I love this song!)

Well not really a jungle just yet, but in a few months if all goes well. 12 photos of various strains, and a couple of clones planted in peat pots for future Bonsai mothers. Clones of Mother Russia of course. She is doing fantastic along with Tsarina.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice healthy looking plants. Cant wait to see all of the plants when finished.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Danke much appreciated @Spidermite

oldjarhead100 Tash will be appearing at Red Rocks September 29th. Good time to make the trip to Colorado to see the reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix in a barefooted 23 year old Australian female! https://www.ticketmaster.com/tash-su...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
      Last edited by starramus; 06-16-2019, 12:31 PM.

Last update I missed a few,,,here they are, the MIS went to a raised bed after taking the seed pods, the BB3 is starting to veg (finally), and the baby of the group a Headbanger Auto. I have a Widow Banger Auto soaking now, I'll put it in the raised bed also.
    Does that look like enuf perlite for good drainage? This is a slice from a 55 gallon drum, I may come back with a drill and poke holes in the sides, so it breaths like a cloth pot. There is no bottom, it is open to the ground so the roots can go deep as they desire. (at least to the rock I live on)
    I hope the ground dries a bit, but we have had several inches of rain in the last few days on top of all that we already had,,,, and the radar shows more headed this way,,,,,

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      My Green house sits on a section of ground that I built with big concrete blocks and it goes almost to the edge of the wall but it seems that when it rains it runs down the side and into the ground to the plants because I have only watered them twice since April when I put them out there never planed on it but ill take the self watering, my Quads are growing like gang busters and I do believe I will have a plant that is equal to m2 squared lol

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not had much reason to water (those that stay outside),, yet, though I did hit the clones with voodoo juice a few days ago, I hope its more than snake oil! IF things work, growing outside will save a lot of funds to buy better equipment for the winter grow!

The Widow Banger is about 12 hours old now! She went in soil yesterday and shot right up out of it. I have been a bit busy with real life shit (literally), but I now know where Moms drain line is and where the damage may be (rooter truck coming today), anyway the point is I did not check her, (the widow banger) and she had a 2 inch tap root when planted. Man am I tired,,,more worn out!
      The little Headbanger has grown a tad, I hope these girls do well outside!

Once the plumbers get here and started, my plan is to work in the garden and catch up a bit.

Does anyone think there is a decent chance to identify this plant once it's finished? I know it's one of the strains listed below, but seeds got mixed (stealth shipping that I opened wrong).

Barneys tangerine dream auto, vip seed dwarf auto, fastbuds girl scout cookie, supercbd jack herer cbd auto or sensible seeds king in the north auto

It has a strong earthy stinky odor. At 3 weeks I moved it outside due to the odor. Started to see flowers much sooner than on my auto ducks (around 20 days vs 30).

Anyways, thought the plant looked nice and wanted to post a couple photos. I hope this is more of a typical result for the average auto. I keep thinking this one is special or doing great because of the size / age, but my only plants to compare with are the tiny little auto ducks. Wanted to keep height down and bent it like a candy cane which actually worked pretty well. Plant is about 35 days since germination.
    Attached Files

Comment

I topped what needed to be topped , but alas my camera was next to the blue tooth player jamming with classics ,not in the green house with me lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I moved the fruit punch auto to the deck for the day. We've been getting a good solid rain for 3 days now. We really needed it since we were in a major drought. It's been 2 weeks since I fed her last and it was with my veg nute schedule. It's been showing some small flowers for about a week now. My question is should I feed with the flowering nutes even though the medium is wet since she hasn't had any food for so long or wait till the "soil" dries more? I'm not seeing any signs of deficiencies but I also don't want to start seeing them either.

Comment

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to read back, but here's how I'd go...I'd dry it out a little first. I can't see everything, but pic#2 looks a little droopy. I tone it down when they're stressing and wouldn't necessarily wait until it's completely dry, dry to re-feed, because that might burn a little. Gentle...they like gentle, don't they?

*EDIT Gentle feeding...I chop at the tops a lot.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Look at that pup "on guard" Does your plant perk up in the sun or under lights? If it was mine I bring temps up and get it under the sun/light. 1/2 strength bloom feed slowly increase. Dang finicky autos.

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya it's super perky right now. I took those pics last night when she was getting ready for bed lol. I have her outside and it's been straight cloud and rain for 3 days. Again today. Sun in the forecast for tomorrow

Here she is this morning

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good there glad to see happy plants

Felt bad kicking my Think Big out of the tent - so I'm helping her out. This is what I do when the sun is not out - Vipraspectra 300 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190623_042940.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	317415
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        She looks very happy outside.

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Filling out nicely.

I don't have the sun or the temps or the right kind of folk next door for that...but if I put the lady of the house's car out on the street instead of the garage....hmmm.
        (probably not)

Getting ready to transplant this years out door grow into grow bags. I planted four regular seeds, and by the grace of random chance I got four females. I am still shocked. (2) are Purple Maze Kush from new420guy, and they are robust with fantastic genetics. If Redwasp were still around he would be interested in this strain as it supposedly is great for PTSD. The other (2) are Hashberry from Mandala Seeds of Spain. Hashberry is supposedly a contraction of Haight Ashbury where he got the original seeds which he improved upon. Lotsa rushes from this strain. Then I have (2) White Widows, (2) Aurora Indicas, (1) Girl Scout Cookie, (1) Amnesia Haze, (1) Blue Widow, and (1) Amnesia Lemon Kush which got a really slow start, but is coming along. I had three of these ALK seeds, but one I believe was a drowning victim, and the other just did not germinate. The survivor came up very slowly, and runty, but has some growth now. I am going to keep it under the grow light in the basement for a bit longer with some White Russian clones I have there. I got the seeds from Seedsman, and will make note not to order from this breeder again. Slips my mind on who they were. I will be planting in 15 gallon grow bags I used last year which are still in great shape (Vivosun). Also have some new 10, and 5 gallon bags which I will be planting smaller strains in. Photos to come after I transplant. Gotta get growing.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's excellent starramus, I sure love all those indicas. Varity , we are like our own dispensaries.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah my wife is the Indica fan. I guess my bull shit is easier to take with a couch lock.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190622_131540.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	317467 I'll get a better picture later when the lights go out. Hopefully the stretch is almost over. Including the 10 gallon pots the plants are in they are now just over 5 feet tall 3 weeks from the flip, 2 weeks since pistils showed.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck of a grow space you are a lucky fella with not much height issue. Wonderful

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        That tall tip on the left, looks like it enjoys the breeze from the fan. I usually get a fatter cola on the windy side of my plants.

Placing an order for a few harvest and curing supplies I need. Planning to dry in the grow room above the plants and maybe angle a small fan up there. Temps are 68-78 and humidity is between 40-50%.

I am not sure if it's better to cut each bud off and use the mesh hanging racks or just hang the branches upside down. In regards to odor, is it better to do a wet or dry trim? I am also leaning towards wet curing unless it's not recommended for any reason.

Getting my supplies from the articles on this site. Is there anything not listed there or some oddball item I might want to look into getting for this?
      Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 06-22-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea oldjarhead100, I'm going to try that method.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        water curing will mess with the flavor, smell and color. its an old practice with the sole purpose of being able to sell harvests faster and eliminating the need for storage. water curing big tubs of weed, drying in the sun and then packing into bricks. They could ship 10 days after harvesting, great for business bad for quality. better to smoke a non cured bud than a water cured one

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        well said 9fingers - my thoughts exactly

2 original glue and 3 iced grapefruit. The one glue in the pic is 4’9” already! Lol. Two of the grapefruits are in pre-flower. Talk about a pain to roll my chair to get to them, so y’all better appreciate the pix😂. Smell is just rolling off them too. It’s done nothing but raining and storming almost every day for a month. It’s hard for y’all to fully see the bottoms from the grass and weeds around, but they’re nicely hidden in my field.
      Cheers🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite Moms gonna give you a good run for your money bro

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking nice. We shall see.

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes me wonder how many plants I've walked by and didn't notice.

this is my tallest quad line plant I trimmed her up yesterday anything under a foot I chopped, when I was done I had 17 2 foot tall mains and 7 that I hope will shoot up now ,
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Harvested the Sour 60 this afternoon, I did the math and looks like just over 3 oz when dry, we'll see. The two Northern Lights are doing well, no problems yet. About 7 or 8 weeks until the NL are ready to chop. Started 2 White Moscow to fill the tent.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Just noticed this this morning and had a laugh.
          For when you’re too high to notice the glass is even there! 😂

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks I had a good laugh.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            whaaaaat... i wonder what a regular non smoker thinks when they see that hahaha only makes sense to stoners

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            i showed this to my sister and she laughs and says "im sure stoner has another meaning... so we google that shit and came across this https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Stoner haha smart stoners out there

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X