No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish y’all coulda seen the sparkle in moms eyes when she came up after planting two more iced grapefruit today. She went on how she grabbed a green twig and tied them up with some morning glory vine to keep them upright from the shock of being transplanted, told me her mix of soil used, etc. and then proceeded to mow with the trailer still attached. She’s spry for 71. That’s her...way out behind the barn...lol. As my boy spider says....she’s a beast😂

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      wow Id say she was spry ,then again I think the location helps wow what a beautiful piece of property

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Waking up to see that every morning would be wonderful. Beautiful place man!

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      SirSmksAlot That’s just my side yard. I have a 166 acre farm up a private 1/2 mile driveway here in Kentucky that’s been in my family for 5 generations. My immediate yard is 2-1/2 acres. It’s sad though that my moms been mowing since my UTV and mower has been broken down. I’ll get someone to fix it one day, just no one knows how

this is a dark devil they dont produce much but dam its amazing ,this picture does not do it justice when you walk in GH it just draws your attention,4 more of the woods plants go out today ,its amazing how heavy 2 10 gallon pots with dirt and plant get during a 1/4 mile walk though the woods ,still its better than digging the hole then lugging dirt out to it then the plant ,plus it opens up a whole slew of new spots
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Morning OJ those really black strains are going to be my next strain when I purchase. I got me one of those gorilla carts like tika uses to truck my plants to their homes. Got my 2GDP 1sweet tooth 1 Durban poison autos 5gal fab pots fit really nice only could fit 2 10gal. photos in there but with sides dropped and hubby help we can get them carted to a safe home without straining our backs. Huge containers are impossible with dirt for us.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

5 more girls to go out we figured if we took some wide straps over our shoulders then we could tie strap ends to the handles on the pots ,then all we had to carry was the other side of the pot much easier , I will have to take a picture of the GH with everything gone it looks so empty lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

I wish I could have more than 6+6 plants, I would not need a winter grow,,,,
          Thursday night, almost 5" of rain,,,,, I have a Headbanger up in place of the lost auto, rain cover over her for now,,, I have also done a raised bed for 1, I'll drop an auto in it as well.
          I put one of the Rusty Glues in a 7 gallon dirt pot for the GF, she is excited!
          Out in the garden the RG and the BB3 are still in flower (I am flipping the porch light on at 4 AM for a while),,,, so I topped them, early spring bud,, ok it's not ripe as I like, but a nice sampler,,, now I can hardly wait until these are ripe!

I never thought I would be telling my outdoor plants this time of year, veg not flower!! We have, I hope, more sunlight on its way,,,

Edit;! I just found 6 ripe seed on the MIS, tell me it's not to late to start outdoor plants in OK! (please). I have 1 seed in PT/baggie, will plant it in the raised bed.
          Last edited by Rwise; 06-08-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a 2 1/2 gallon bucket sitting outside under the eve on the barn ,it was empty then after our bad storm it was full thats a lot of rain

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise Rusty glues this strain sounds very interesting could you send a link to check it out thanks

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Certainly! Here's a right up
            Rusty Glue an Indica hybrid F2 strain, crossed from the PTP (purple) pheno of Rusty OG, is a very frosty and very potent strain grown indoors or outdoors. This powerful indica hybrid is very popular among medical cannabis users for it's high THC pote...

My buckets are in the field, in just one rain there was 12 inches in it, it has holes in the bottom, so it had more.

I have stopped the voodoo, I think I broke the spell stopping rain here, sorry for getting things to wet,,,

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_79913.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	314468 Not much to post. 6 days after switch to 12/12

Click image for larger version  Name:	1560016662218622635973734713379.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	314469Click image for larger version  Name:	15600166747215448071546961709151.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	314470Click image for larger version  Name:	15600166844742504001374895931517.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	314471

And the new girls. 2 fast buds girl scout cookies and 2 six shooters. The six shooter even trained will each fill the tent they are in in a month.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15600167555081124423142713103511.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	314472
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            The ones in flower look fantastic!!!

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. The babies just got moved to better light. Have 1 failing to thrive. But some of my best plants ever started sick. So we will see. Not to mention it's a horrible pic.

The other plants are still under MH. They are growing several inches taller a day with that. Going to go another week with MH before switching to HPS

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are beautiful healthy looking plants. You do a great job growing.

Anyone ever do this to help light hit new growth tips when you cant bend underneath? Wouldn't this kind of have the same outcome as if you fim it? The top growth should slow due to less light hitting all the leaves on the entire surface while the new tips grow out, right?

ignore the top part of the plant because I did fim it the day before. I still had trouble with light on the new tips because there is little spacing between nodes and and no room to move the leaves underneath
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 06-08-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Just remove that to finger leaf. Yes I remove all blocking growth tips.

They end up looking like the one I posted in the auto grow off today. Just topped, selective removal of fan leaves and lst.

Spidermite I thought it would save some time and create kind of a fim effect without any cutting or slowing growth as much. I guess if the difference is minimal then it would be easier to just cut it.
          Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 06-09-2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Red, my beagle terrier mix dug up one of my grapefruits.....bitch! She came close to being used as fertilizer when replanting it. It’s one of the drawbacks of using blood meal and having outside dogs. It’s 1am and I’m just getting back up from my shop. It’s been a long day. I’ll post updates on my white widow autos tomorrow. I’m just too damn tired to even go in there. I will say that I need to start running my exhaust. I opened my front door and their smell hit me hard! Lol.
            In the pix are 2 original glues and 3 iced grapefruit. They age from 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 months old.
            🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              a couple of years ago I had a porcupine dig up my holes before I put the plants in ,I caught it leaving one day and I stayed on its ass scaring it for about 1/2 mile ,never bothered them again lol

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL that they are damn dog. Mine was a bastard that hopped on top of mine. They a slowly in recovery not as bushy as yours were not as old. Love your place Retodd I have many great memories of my Dad's family place back in Cookeville Tenn. I spent many summers staying with them on there farm. Don't miss tobacco season though i'd sit with my sister on the flatbed behind the tractor with all the sticky bugs and stacks of steaked leaves. Best times of my life being there.

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal We had a tobacco farm growing up. We did 13 acres, as our alotment. We also had horses and raised alfalfa. I didn’t mind raising it. It was good work and my dad would pay me the same as his other workers, but I’d outwork them anyway. They liked drinking beer with dad and doing long breaks. I’d down a beer and get right back to work. It was different times back then. I was a teenager when he’d let me drink, but his thing was...if you can work like a man, you can drink like one too...lol. Only thing that was really rough was in the stripping room. You’d stay high from the tar and nicotine being soaked into your hands, not to mention a joint always being passed around...haha.

I spent most of the day yesterday starting my veggie garden, I have 2 rototillers a big Huskavarna,and a 20 year old Mantis .I was having trouble with the big tiller the governor just wont adjust or is no good so I brought it down to the local small engine repair shop it will be another week at least ,then I have the Mantis it started but runs at 1/2 speed ,both of them got new carbs this year ,after a half hour of screwing with it I said f it and broke down and borrowed my friends mantis holy shit this thing is amazing 4 stroke so its super quite ,has a kick stand (real cool) starts with one pull ,I ran it all day and have not used a tank of gas,. the girls all looked great in the GH

Comment

I have a plant issue and not sure what it is and it doesn't match photos here on the diagnose section. Post is kind of long and a simplified paragraph below.

TLDR Would foxfarm sledgehammer cause the newest growth to get small brown tips? No old leaves only newest growth and it's on 3 plants each with slightly different soils and watering so I think we can rule those 2 out.

2 or 3 days ago I noticed brown tips, just the very very very tip and nothing else. Didn't think much of it, figured light nute burn. Wanted to wait it out a couple days before posting since it seemed minor, but it is getting worse (or at least I am just starting to spot it more and it was already there. This morning I look really close and see that it's on basically every growth tip and newest leaves. It does not affect old leaves or bottom leaves. Hopefully that is a obvious sign to one of you experts. Would nute burn mostly affect newest growth? I was expecting nute burn to hit bottom leaves first since the stem feeds bottom up, right?

I have a feeling it's not nute burn, if anything I don't use enough nutes. Mostly calmagnon, floralicious, kelp-molasses-fish blend, o calm down pH down, seabird guano in pellet form, worm casting and a general 10-15-10 liquid, nothing really intense. I also use less than rec dosage making sure not to over fert. I don't think I am over or under watering at twice a week watering. Sometimes the top half of a 12H inch pot might feel dry on the fabric like crispy ish, but it's still a little heavy so I use a mister and water the top half some with a small amount. I feel like I don't underwater, but at the same time if I water more often then I will be overwatering.

Plants are 4 - 7 weeks old and no issues before. There is one change that comes to mind. I bought foxfarm Sledgehammer and used it a couple days before noticing this and then a couple days after sledgehammer I did a feed of calmagnon and floralicious. Would sledgehammer flushing cause this? If so, why would only the newest growth be affected? They say use sledgehammer during veg. I have two flowering plants that for the most part use the same basic nutes plus bloom booster, but I did not use sledgehammer on them and they don't have this issue. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, but not sure why or how. Any advice would be great, thanks.

*edit*

Most of this makes the leaves turn a light brown, but on the newest growth (you know the tips that are still together and haven't really split to form two leaves yet) it turns a brown or black like s section of the leaf is dead. I was able to get one decent photo (last one) where it looks this way.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 06-09-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure about that last pic - but my guess for your brown tips is this - I'm guessing you use regular molasses cuz I did the same thing a few times when I didn't have organic, unsulphered molasses.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you noticed it right after adding the sledgehammer I would say thats the problem , I used snow storm ultra on my plants and it killed them all . I do want to address your watering methods ,I use a moister meter

any one of these will do , the general rule of thumb is plants like to get soaked then dry out ,if you dont have a meter then I would stick a finger in the top 2 inches of soil if you feel moister there fine ,take one plant and water it almost to runoff then let it dry out to see how long it takes to dry out, keep checking it and when you think it needs water let it go until the leafs droop ,I bet they dont droop for 3 or 4 days after they feel dry , Maybe you are doing this but I misunderstood. I dont think watering is this problem but you could be headed for one ,

Sunday - family pic day - watered and foliar fed at the same time - find out in a couple of hours how that liked it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190610_055538.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	314605
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                Canuck I hate to say this but I dont think that one by the garage door is doing to good lol

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Carcass

Lot's of sunshine here now Canuck147 hopefully you growers up North are seeing it also?
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Up to 30 in a couple of days - I like to feed them outside, less messy.

They always get a bit of yellowing when I use the bud candy. As I’m sitting here a gf of mine is sitting in the living room smoking some of last years sativa....lol. Even she doesn’t know about my photos. It’s her bf that always gets my indoor.
              As promised, here they are y’all.
              🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                They look done to me all cloudy with a couple of amber in them

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                yep I likes em like that cloudy with abit of amber. excellent work in fact

Another week gone by. Started Flushing the smaller Sour 60 yesterday, day 82. The larger one is a week or so behind. The Northern Lights are at Day 40, been trimming every few days lately and today I did more tying down to bring the 8 mains out to the edge of the pots and trying to keep them spaced evenly around the pots.
              Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
              Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
              36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
              4 bulb T5's for Veg.
              2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
              IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
              3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
                uncledoug commented
                Editing a comment
                oldjarhead100, Those two plants were topped once and bent over, they have fattened up nicely the last two weeks with nice firm buds. The plant at the front is only 14" tall. The other is 28".
                Last edited by uncledoug; 06-11-2019, 07:54 AM.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow uncledoug that's some beautiful training ya got there and buds are just yummy looking. It's no wonder those colas look all bud. Excellent I would be very pleased

• uncledoug
                uncledoug commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal, Thank you for the kind words, I'm learning.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X