No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been able to get out here except to water ,I have a hose to water with (its run though a whole house filter to remove any chlorine ect.) but I have to fill buckets then water from them because of our water pressure is so high
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

The Good the Bad and the Ugly - all on one plant. My 2 big colas had a shortening when more bud rot occurred. This was my fault when a couple branches grew into the colas and caused the rot.

The other 2 will be harvested this weekend.

And we have a new roof - insurance deductible plus a few extra pieces of plywood - cost me $850.00 for the roof.
      Attached Files
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        With all the moisture this year, I am afraid we will be dealing with bud rot here also. I have seen it in the wild wood weed in years before.
        Nice grow!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Roof blew off in storm? Lots of that happened this winter in our area also. House looks great and your plants are beautiful. Such stout colas.....just as healthy looking from here. I had some rot last season on a double cola, looked really cool but it had rot areas cut it like you did. Just great looking plants.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks - but a tree blew on us. Have pics if you scroll back in this thread to just before xmas.

Here it is Saturday again, its raining, raining and raining! It has not done this kind of rain since the '70's, Peps have forgotten the low areas flood,,, my garden near the hill top is to wet, the HBDB that was eaten by a grasshopper died from root rot, I'll start a Headbanger to replace it (shorter grow cycle). IF these rains keep up my outdoor plants will all drown or wash away!
      I am also going to take a pair of clones from the BB3, and I may use one of those in the garden instead of the Headbanger,,, and keep the other blooming.
      I think I'll get pics of the GFs grow for this week, her Headbanger has outgrown the one I did greatly! I am getting the soil dialed in!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79227.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	312255Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79228.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	312256Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79228.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	312257 Here is this weeks update. I just defoliated the plants 3 days ago. They need it again.
        Last edited by Spidermite; 05-25-2019, 12:42 PM.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_123459.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	312259

Comment

Name:	15588060774543986759620203427466.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	312262Click image for larger version

Name:	15588060485406933875465007160480.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	4.42 MB
ID:	312261

Comment

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              They look very healthy, you do a nice job.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Spidermite, I can't wait to see them bloom.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              nice job , I had to scroll up and down a few times to see what they needed again prolly should of looked to the right lol

Day 68 Sour 60 and day 25 Northern Light. I've only manifolded once before and didn't do a great job, hoping to do a better job on these N.L. this time around. The Sour 60's are looking like they're going to be be Sour 90's maybe a little sooner.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
            IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              She's right - it looks fabulous. Nice buds.

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Canuck, I forgot to mention above, the bigger sour 60 is 28" normal I would say, the smaller one is only 12.5" tall but I think it will yield about 1.5 oz dry. Kinda strange their so different??

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look mighty frosty uncledoug congrats!

Spidermite So, y’all might not know but him and I have our own personal competition going on. He starter his glue and grapefruit a month before me. He’s doing indoor and topped. Mine are going outside next week. Gonna see which of us gets the most...lol.
            Sorry about the picture quality. Don’t know why some look blue. Before anyone says anything, I’m getting ready to water and prune. I just wanted to take the pictures first. They’re also going to get some sprayed fish emulsion today.
            🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              you changed they way you load your pics. I can scroll though them normally I have to click on one then exit and click on a different one well done lol. I like the blue they look way cooler than blurple .

heres a question we know that training will increase yields , I am curious about manifolding and fluxing ,both of witch the goal is to make 8 kolas ,now I'm wondering if the yield is bigger with just 8 kolas or with all the side branches growing buds instead of clipping them , I mistakenly left all the side shoots on and tied them down then let the side shoots on the side shoots go from their right now they are about 6 inches high , not sure if they will keep growing up or do they reach a certain height and thats it . I guess we will see but if anyone has done both ways what was the bigger yield
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't make it out to green house at all yesterday so no pictures I will have a look before I head up to the hospital

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Best wishes today oldjarhead hope all is well with your Dad. Your greenhouse is looking lush and healthy at least you have walking space between rows. I'm using a bucket and small wide mouth bottle to water mine for now and give nutes.

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              I find that total yields are increased by leaving the side shoots as long as you can get them light. Give the plants enough light and air and the side shoots will reach the top of the canopy.

... and Happy Sunday to all...

haven't been posting much, life has been busy (been working late, for the last 3 weeks)

Mrs Lurking decided I wasn't growing fast enough, and strongly questioned (suggested) if I was going to grow outside. So - I looked through the seed vault, and selected all my Auto seeds (7)

Royal Queen Seeds:
            2 x Royal Gorilla Automatic (feminized)
            2 x Diesel Automatic (feminized)
            1 x Northern Light Automatic (feminized)
            Vision Seeds
            2 x Northern Lights Automatic (feminized)

7 Seeds hit water 18 hours ago

Name:	IMG_20190526_120458.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	946.6 KB
ID:	312404

These will end up in 1.5 gallon Nursery pots, well sunned and loved
            Promix BX
            Gaia Green Amendments (All Purpose 4-4-4, Power Bloom 2-8-4, Basalt Rock dust)

every day I have to pass this

Name:	IMG_20190523_202413.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	312405
            I know - doesn't look like much.
            It is an Eagle nest on top of the power lines - so the Power Company put up a taller pole, with a flat top (hoping the eagles would shift)
            When I stopped to snap the pictures - there was somebody home, zoomed in

Name:	IMG_20190523_202422.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	406.3 KB
ID:	312406

Green Thoughts

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m sure you know as well as I do...those eagles ain’t moving for shit....lol. Thanks for the share, made me smile

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              be careful of the July humidity with those autos good luck and have fun

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              Retodd
              LOL - they might put their nest there, next year 😁

SoOrbudgal
              Yes, further north and east (New Brunswick, Canada)
              We had a good weekend, so trees are starting to leaf out (even had to break out the lawn mower)

Thanks OJ nothing is better for us than leaving phones,work and world news behind. My autos will go outside when we return from camping/unplugging. I have watered and fed them gave them a blessing. Temps may reach 80 in tent I left windows open there screened so i'm not concerned yet about humidity. They'd die in July in there. If we lived closer to Colorado we would take you up on the camping trip.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I finally made it out to water the green house I gave them a dose of mycorrence man have they shot up and out I need to spend some hours in there to tend to them damn

Comment

Anyone here grow auto duck? I think mine looks a little small. This one is right at 40 days since germinating. Considering the size should I even bother with trimming anything underneath? Removed a handful of leaves blocking light from getting thru.

How many buds should I pollinate to get 5 to 10 seeds?

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got that from 1 bud each plant, and more from the HBD

Day 28 for my 2 Northern Lights from Nirvana, Topped both for 2nd time, now have 8 colas per Nebula's manifold tutorial. Also germinating 2 Blue Mystic from Nirvana, soaked for 36 hrs. "until they cracked" put in moist paper towel inside a zip lock baggie, tomorrow will plant in solo cups and into the veg, room.
                Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
                Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
                36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
                4 bulb T5's for Veg.
                2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
                IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
                3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                  WizardsNThings commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love the look of a good manifold. These plants are so hardy and resilient !

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Manifold and fluxing do take time

Hey you guys remember this kush non auto that I planted December 15th, that makes it 5 1/2 months old this is what I found this morning ,I think it finally went into bloom

Comment

• uncledoug
                  uncledoug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hopefully you will get some nice bud from it next spring. lol

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And I thought I was lazy. That's one lazyass plant.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And I thought my autos went slow!,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X