No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Things still getting their roots dug down. Not much upwards growth yet. Been having some temp and RH fluctuations, around 73-84°F and between 30-45%RH. Tubing on my homemade swamp cooler keeps self healing and closing the holes I've cut...gotta find a better type of tubing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_275791622260138_20181211_090625889.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	274895Click image for larger version

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_275807362346122_20181211_090641630.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	4.31 MB
ID:	274896Click image for larger version

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_275811024183724_20181211_090645291.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	274897Click image for larger version

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_275804053047790_20181211_090638320.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	274898

Comment

Seeing lots of healthy-looking plants on here. This should be my next crop of seeds in a couple months to start selecting autos from. After that I start stabilizing them. Does anyone here breed autos, out of curiosity?

Comment

Check this photo out. Is that real?? Crazy
        Attached Files
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, down in Texas we calls those pop corn buds, dry ice them :-)

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          They’re entire plants hanging from a rope right?

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I can tell 9fingerleafs, yes. But then again, I actually have no clue 😂😂

A somber occasion

Thing 2 is dead
        Long Live Thing 2

(Thing 3 has been promoted)

she tried, had great big cotyledons, a shame she opened them inside the rockwool 😁 and not above it

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Indica seeds are usually larger than sativa.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for your loss.😭

• SmokyChambers
          SmokyChambers commented
          Editing a comment
          My sincerest condolences man. I myself am grieving the loss of three stillborn Blueberry Kush seeds.

so I think I want to change my entry to 3 leaf Louie ,the label just said Kush on it but I think the 3 leafs is cool , you cant see them in these photo but I added 26 Limpin Louies to the tray they are stabilized seeds of my personal strain I believe they are regular seeds but I want to make sure , I need 4 strong females for the next grow, the strain comes from a cross between Budda Tahoe and Big bud ,Ive had 3 friend ask me if I was going to grow it again soon , so I guess its a favorite well any free weed is a favorite lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Welp got busy at work and killed my seedlings. I still have a auto sour diesel haze I just started so I'll still be in this.
          640 watt hlg quantum board
          320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
          300 watt mars hydro sp3000
          150 watt hlg quantum board
          100 watt spider farmer led x2
          organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
          Water only i don't check ph
          6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks you lost some seedlings. But at least you still have 1 going.

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            yea lol and by the looks of the sour diesels i have going now its gonna get big

Been a lot of losses so far, but still....good luck to all!

Comment

So, here’s a conundrum for you ‘professional’ indoor growers. As a couple of you know I’ve been dealing with a temp problem in my tent since getting my new and improved grow light. This is only my second indoor grow in my life, other than helping friends with theirs. I just went in to water and the temp was a whopping 88 degrees! Funny thing is, Ms. Kraft is lovin’ it! I see easily noticeable daily growth out of her. She’s loving her water too. Can it be the species, blue cheese, or did I do a better mix on my soil than usual, or what? So, my thoughts are to just keep doing what I’m doing by trying to keep the temp down to 70, but if it keeps rising like it has been.....fuck it. After a mere 8 days I’m on the 3-4th node and going to top her to start fluxing in the next couple days. I just want to make sure I get a nice clean cut when I top. Fluxing is new to me and don’t want to fuck it up. I’ll spiral train Ms. Kraft Jr in a air bag.....another new style to me.
            Just had to share with y’all.
            🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

I have never had problems with 80 degree temps. But if you have the vents fan on and all flaps open along with a few fans it shouldn't be running that hot. What's the temp in the room your tent is in?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                Retodd if you hang the exhaust fan with a flat rubber bungee cord it will quite it down significantly

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                oldjarhead100 I understand what your saying...it’s just the size of the fan I got that makes it loud, not vibration sound. The dual fans in it are 8” 600cfn fans running. It’s the loud whirling sound you hear. Fuckin jet engine...lol. I’m such a procrastinator too. All I really need to do is put a in line riostat on it to turn it down and I’ll be golden. With it all being my first indoor grow this past season I went overboard when buying it. Live and learn right? Thanks for the shout out buddy

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Noisy fans is why I changed mine - my Vortex is running while the lights are on and I hardly hear it.

14 days old , toped off you can see th two new branches
              Attached Files

Comment

Thing 1
                Royal Gorilla Automatic
                13 days

she moved out of the dome and into a 3.5 gallon DWC pot under the MH.
                just running CAliMAGic and Armor Si, pH 6.3
                Has 2 real nodes.
                Waiting for more growth, to determine how she wants to be trained
                she is just reaching for the light 😁

Thing 2
                Royal Gorilla Automatic
                7 days

Still living in the dome
                Still working on her 1st real node
                expecting roots any minute now. 3" cube prepared for receiving
                No photo tonight

Comment

Mr.Furley Photoperiod Grow.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181212_174047.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	275883

Thing 1:
                  Durban Poison went in water on 11/27 seed cracked on 12/1. On 12/2 I had helmet head, has seemed slow to grow but is moving and has been put in a 2.7 liter from a 4 inch pot. Currently 17 days from shot glass.

Thing 2:
                  Mystery seed. Went in water on 11/25, helmet head on 11/27 is currently in a 2.7 liter pot. Currently 21 days from shot glass.

Thing 3:
                  GSC. Went in water on 11/21, cracked on 11/22, helmet head on 11/24, has been through 4", 2.7L, and was transplanted to a air pot on 12/12, topped at the 4th node on 12/13. Currently 25 days from shoot glass.

All plant are receiving full nutes. Alternating water and nutes to run off every 3 days
                  PH 6.3 in
                  1 gallon water mix ratio
                  Si 5ml
                  calmag 5ml
                  big bloom 10ml
                  grow big 5 ml
                  Bushdr. Kangaroot 2.5ml only twice
                  Mr. Furley's low impacted transplant tip.

Transplant the day after you water, fill the bottom of your pot with medium, do not try to make a hole in the center, level like the picture below and wet it down with ph'ed water, calmag, and kelp mix. Squeeze the old pot a little to loosen container. Place plant main stem, plam on the medium between your fingers, flip upsidedown remove plant, place the other hand on the root ball and quickly and gently Place you raw plant in the new container. add dry medium around the plant, wet lightly with the same water/mix mentioned above. Most the time my plants have bounced back in 12 hours, and I always do everything to my plants at lights on.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181212_174940.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	275881
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181214_164907.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	275882
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181214_165013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	275884
                  Since I germinated all three around the same time I am just going to keep this grow Journal here till the three pictured are harvested for comparison to your Autoflower, my goal is 90 days to harvest with photoperiod Plants.

Happy Growing.
                  Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-28-2018, 09:24 PM. Reason: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/268607-the-great-auto-showdown?p=273950#post273950
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                    LurkingInTheGrass commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ty

Almost a shame, imagine the scrogless scrog she would carry for you 😁

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Almost, the sea of weed is a great sight to behold at lights on and was a personal goal. Now I shall focus on a new style for a while, change keeps thing interesting.
                    She will be cloned before flower to preserve genetics.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                    LurkingInTheGrass commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking forward to watching your 'growth' 😁

Here it is Saturday again, time for some pics!
                  Seed was dropped 11/22, sprouted within 48 hours, they are in 20 gallon pots (18"x18") with organic soil.
                  First is the Headbanger, then the White Widow with her 2 eyed leaf/s and healthy stalk, then the White Moscow (the freak) which has topped herself.
                  And the spots are my fault, I feed the foliage, and put the lights back to soon,,, and one on the widow got to close to a light,,, but check out that branch almost as tall as the plants main stem!
                  And a pic of how I get the most out of my cheap ass CFLs,,,,

Comment

Day 7 and we’re chugging along. Seem a little stretchy. But no worries. Started feeding 1/2 strength Big Bloom on 12/12/18. Temps and humidity moderate but had a slight fluctuation while I was away over night (didn’t have heater on). Under 20/4 t5s. I still can’t decide if I’m going to use my MH. Not sure that it will be worth it. Maybe someone can chime in that would know (auto specific). Also, you’ll see my photoperiod GSC. I kept her in there just to see what would happen after my cat tried to eat it and it has started to grow new nodes and everything. Haha. So I really don’t know what to do with it. May just gift it. Anyways, here’s the girls.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	042B7771-4706-4610-9DA8-CEFB606141A2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	275944
                    Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-15-2018, 05:35 AM.
                    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
                    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
                    3 Gal Smart Pots
                    FoxFarm Trio
                    +Open Sesame
                    +Cha-Chang
                    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
                    192w t5
                    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
                    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
                    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Redwasp
                      Redwasp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would have to say the MH on autos would most likely more than pay for itself with autos.

• Retodd
                      Retodd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Water them girls! Lol

• Juicyj89
                      Juicyj89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Okay. Well I remember one of you said 7-10 days I could put it in. So I might just go ahead. And Retodd why do you say that? Today’s water day

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_66844.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	276038 Hey everyone - picture day. My thingies are doing pretty good.
                    Last sunday gave them all water til runoff with just a smattering of nutes.
                    Adjusting the light periodically as the girls let me know what they want - thing 2 was a little stretchy so I lowered the light, then raised it a bit, a bit more - well it's a new light for me so we'll get used to it. Started at 36 inches above - currently at about 27 inches above. Just running the 4 white COB lights - haven't told the plants yet, but the first pistils I see i'll turn on the fancy lights that surround the 4 white lights.
                    Thursday gave them foliar feeding.
                    Good luck everyone! Click image for larger version  Name:	20181215_090943.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.33 MB ID:	276039
                    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                    Mars Hydro
                    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X