Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just let me know when you have picked the strain oldjarhead100

Comment

Okay so question, with my 4 seedlings I have a random GE Glowstik Gro & Glo or something right now. It’s only like 18w or something. I also have a full t5 grow light that is 8x24w HO 6500k. I can run 4 or all 8. Should I just go ahead and use this? Or would it still be too much? TIA!!

Went with the t5s. Ready to see some green!!
      Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-07-2018, 05:42 PM.
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay so I should just run the full setup? All 8?

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I think for only 4 plants you can use only 4 bulbs and spread them plants under the on ones, once they grow wider than the 4 bulbs then turn the rest on. That’s what I would do

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea. Thanks 9fingerleafs

It looks like I am starting to get a new sets of leaves on these baby girls however I am concerned. It looks like they are somewhat discolored to me. I have one 315watt cmh running right now about 5 feet from my sprouts and have been using a ph 7 water in promix hp soil. Should I be worried? First time growing and could just be overacting but it does seem to be discolored. Thanks for any help!

Comment

• DimeBagKilla
        DimeBagKilla commented
        Editing a comment
        Juicyj89 that’s a good point that I hadn’t thought of. I had just watered before that picture and In the time I went back and just checked they were all dry. Could even 30 minutes of being wet before evaporation cause this?

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean I’m sure. Just think how if you’re wet when in the sun you get burnt easier than not. And just imagine standing in the sun for 30 minutes while you’re soaked. I bet you’d get a little color. Lol but if you see what I’m saying I’m sure that it would affect them. 30 minutes is longer than you think in this instance. Hope this helps. And if you do any foliar feeding I think it’s supposed to be done right when your lights go off. That’s when the plants leaves “open up” the most. That’s what I’ve read anyways. Good luck!

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        On new younguns I always flick off excess water off my plants. After they’ve vegged a couple weeks is when I start folier feed them and even mix in a bit of fish emulsion. They love that! Just keep flicking off the water until they get a little older. Your not going to cause any major damage, especially being 5’ away. I’ve never used metal halide, I’m a LED man

ATTN: Auto Experts

So I’ve read that keeping your plants in smaller containers will keep them shorter i.e. 2 gal pot = 14-19”, 5 gal pot = 23-28” (est). Now I can see the logic here but, is the possibility of plants becoming root bound not a factor here? Please help me understand because I really do need shorter plants with my setup. Thanks again. 🙏
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay cool. Thanks again Canuck

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        @D.A.S.S.69 started using 2 gallon pots recently due to having a smaller grow area. But he also grew autos that stayed smaller.

I have never used less than a 3 gallon fabric pot. My last auto grow I had 3 gallon, 5 gallon, and 7 gallon fabric pots. They all grew to about the same size except 1 that was apparently a much different phenotype. It was in a 3 gallon fabric pot and was much smaller than the other 5 plants but yielded about 3 ounces more than the others. Go figure

Having said all that I do not believe that a smaller pot will make a plant stay smaller unless it gets root bound. If it does get rootbound that will definitely affect yields However I can not say that this is a fact.

Now what I would do in your situation myself would be to first use a 3 gallon pot. Top the plants and train them to fill your grow space. Remove any smaller growth tips after you have filled this space and train train train. You can make it work. The only thing I would do different than you is that I would only grow 1 plant if I was worried about space. You can make a huge plant fit in a short space by growing it horizontally instead of verticle.

Hope this helps at all.

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Thank you redwasp. That’s crazy tho that your smaller plant yielded so much more. I bet she had some fat nasty colas. Got any pics of it?? But yeah as far as this grow. I do have them in 3 gal now. That’s what they’ll stay in. But your right it would be much easier with just one. And I have some 5 gal for that. But I just thought autos were generally small. Cause I mean my last pheno was only like 3ft maybe. So yeah, next grow I’ll just do one. I’m already thinking about trying Nightcrawler OG for my next grow 🤗 thanks again man.

Juicyj89 there are many small autos that you can grow that stay really small. Like 16 to 18 inches on average. So you can grow 2 in a small space if you want more plants. But total yield is more about space filled than number of plants. So you can grow 1 bigger plant or 2 smaller ones.

Comment

Redwasp I am out. Received a mail interception notice in my empty seed packet today. I did buy insurance so they are going to re-send the order, but I have to come up with yet another address. I did not know this, but Seedsman will re-send until there is a successful delivery. By the time I get the GG#4 autos you will be halfway to harvest. Good luck on all of your grows. I will be watching. Fuckin customs pirates!

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          On September 26th I originally placed this order. This is the second send of this order. I believe the British postal authorities are working with US customs, and fingering their packages. I placed an order with Nirvana same day September 26th and received the seeds in 8 business days. Seedsman definitely has a problem they need to address.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          starramus try 420 seeds Daas said they were fast, fast enough to be only a week or two behind

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 I already sent new420guy a check a few days ago. All he had in feminized autos that looked interesting were White Widows. So I ordered them, and some photos for this Spring. I picked up some Blue Widows, and Some Purple Maze Kush in those. But thanks for the heads up. You have to work ahead in these situations.

Today's photos, headbanger is coming on, the widow is growing like crazy, and the freak (white moscow) is recovering from what ever.,, it has branches started, self topped,,, I suppose that means it will be extra short,,,
        I got the soil report back yesterday, the soil is at 8.4 PH, and the only thing they said to add is sulfur! I keep sulfur here (powdered and granular) as my soil is always alkaline. I am also giving them PHd water at 3.5 until the PH falls, will then adjust the water to 6.0 PH, oh ya, I am using vinegar 1 cup to 1 gallon water (water is 7.0 PH). This gives an immediate drop that does not last, the sulfur produces sulfuric acid which lowers the PH, but not instant.

When I need to add calcium, I use gypsum as this does not affect PH!

Comment

So as of this Morning I have at least 4 tails ready for root riots not sure of the strain yet I didn't take the time to look lol
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Both thingies doing well - watered once, about a half gallon each - almost ready to start foliar feeding Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0036.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	5.37 MB
ID:	273807Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	5.74 MB
ID:	273808
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Well, it’s Saturday! Ms. Kraft is only 4 days old and I planted Ms. Kraft Jr. 2 days ago in the same spot cause I didn’t think #1 was going to sprout...haha. It’s going to take some special fluxing to get this to work. I almost thought about plucking Jr., but saying fuck it. There’s gonna be crowding, but the rooting system should be ok. If I can actually pull this off with both of them I don’t care if I win....I’ll dub myself a master😏. Can’t wait to see the rest of y’all Saturday pix. I’m still waiting to hear from someone about which brand of Cal-Mag I should buy. I’ve never used it in my life.
              🙏🏼✌🏻
              Attached Files

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                You've got double the fun in that box. How much soil?

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                Redwasp What is it you use, and the price? I've kinda put the Waltons on a diet as they don't pay their slaves as much as Bezos. He's still way too cheap holding a 150 billion, but he does pay more than those cheapsters. Just tryin to dole out some economic, and social justice.

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Canuck147 As far as soil amount.....a shit load! The box is 12X22X8-1/2. It would be about the same amount as 5-6 gallons

Here are my satarday pics. Finally got all 6 of my plants up. Well the one on the far right is almost up. Thing one is the 2nd from the left. Thing 2 is 3rd from the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181208_131654.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	273887Click image for larger version

Name:	20181208_131751.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	273888

Comment

• Juicyj89
                Juicyj89 commented
                Editing a comment
                I like how they’re sorted by size lol

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes lol. The mess in there is driving me nuts though. I spilled soil and figured I'd clean it up after I move the plants. But it is driving me nuts.

Here is a pic. of Thing 1 and 2, Soaked seeds for 44hrs. then this afternoon planted them in solo cups. #1 is Pure Haze and #2 is White Moscow. I'm hoping my pictures get more exciting down the road.
              Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
              Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
              36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
              4 bulb T5's for Veg.
              2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
              IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
              3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

starramus Starrand Retodd retodd this is the cal/mag I use. Alaska Naturals, Calcium Nitrogen Magnesium. 3-0-0 Click image for larger version

Name:	15443037623332647115133188756852.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	273924 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• uncledoug
                  uncledoug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use this also and it works well for me. Found it at Walmart for 10.00 or so.

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thx bro

Considerably cheaper, but out of stock. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Alaska-Na...uart/349879853

Comment

• uncledoug
                  uncledoug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found it at the store in the spring.

SATURDAY.
                Photoperiod Plants for comparison
                Durban "thing 1" poison is not moving as fast as I would like but is moving. Put under the 400 watt Mh last night.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20181207_181256.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	273951
                happy grows
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-28-2018, 09:22 PM. Reason: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/268607-the-great-auto-showdown?p=272223#post272223
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X