No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost perfect timing, I have been prepping for my next grow which will be my first auto grow. Using AK48 & Jock Horror from Nirvana but we just started germinating this morning, which would put me a week ahead if these sprout. May I still join in? I look forward to being privy to so many different growers advice. ☮
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• GlitterFarm
      GlitterFarm commented
      Editing a comment
      TY Retodd ~ I was thinking of using the AK as it's listed as the easier grow, opinions? Still new to indoors & my first auto grow.
      Anyone have an opinion on AK48 vs Jock Horror? Going to grow both but need to choose which will be in the showdown. I use air-pots but am trying coco coir for the first time or should I stick with my own soil mix? I have vivosun 36"x 20"x 62" tent & viperspectra 450W LED (if this grow is success I get new stuff!!!) All advice is welcomed 😃

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      GlitterFarm I'd fo with the ak47s if I were you. I'm growing Blue Tooth as the contest plant which is a relatively low yielder. I will also be growing ak47s which are easier and have higher yields. But not my first auto grow so trying to challenge myself more. The ak48 is a good yielder and easy to grow so I'd say stick to that for the contest.

As far as substrate if you want to try something new go for it. But there is always a learning curve.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      GlitterFarm Don’t feel bad, this is only my second indoor grow. The only thing I would say personally is to use your own soil mix. Some have had good luck, but I have friends with a lot of bad luck with the coco coir. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. This past year I used air pots both indoor and outdoor. They saved my ass on my outdoor grow. So many of us lost massive amounts from bud rot and I was able to move the plants to my porch, but still lost a lot from rot.
      Anyway, I would ask too that you would grow the AK. I’m hoping that with this competition we have a large variety to compete with. I’m sure OJH is using the real jack herrer, so that’s great. We’re going to be growing genetic cousins. Jack has huge buds and huge quantities. I’m hoping to get close with the jock.

Have some new genetics and more Kind soil AND sohum soil coming in the mail.

Would you guys rather see a Kind Soil+Roots Organic grow or a Sohum Soil grow? I'm up for whatever just thinking of if anyones interested in one or the other more??

Strains getting added (not guaranteed by the 1st so will start the Lemon OG if the dont arrive in time, or will just start a little later of i get enough interest in 1 strain) All are from Puff Puff Pass Genetics. Seen very good things out of them in my FB group. I'll be picking up, (all autos) ButterKing, Fruity Pebbles OG, HeadRush, Kosher13, Orange Cookies, Strawberry Cough, and Urban Voodoo.

Let me know of your interested in seeing any over the other!! If not it's the LOG for this comp.

Thanks All!!
    Teddy

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Make your own choice of grow strain,soil,etc. Just label the one that your using for the competition. Good luck

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you use the KindSoil, your probably got a great chance to win the contest, it's awesome stuff, just don't order it from Amazon, buy it from Phil directly. It's alot fresher.
      And good luck in the contest BurningTeddy

Here is what a description of the Blue Tooth Auto from msnl. It's not the full description though. But you get the idea. The claims of 200 to 300 grams a m/sq puts it at the lowest claimed yield of any plant I've grown. But I am growing it for the flavor. You can see more on it at MSNL Seeds autos. As long as I get the flavor as described I'll be very happy. Anyways just showing what I picked. Will have 3 of those and 3 MSNL ak47 autos in a 4x4x8ft space. Only 1 blue tooth will be in the contest unless someone wants to compare vs an ak47. If they do I'll list an ak47 as thing two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181123-190822_Chrome.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	269822

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had an auto that produces two colas about 6 inches high and wide best tasting smoke I've ever had sometimes they are worth it

I’m still up in the air now......I wrote nirvana about which I should choose. I have some of their blue cheese autos too. I just want to win...lmao. Plus, no one has listed them as their choice. So, blue cheese or jock horror🤔. Maybe one of you guys would know which would have the largest colas and largest harvest on average...

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never grown either. So no suggestions. I'm not worried either way. I hope you do win. I'm rooting for you. I'm rooting for everyone but myself. I can make up for it easy and quick with.

That being said I dont think I'll lose. Lol

• GlitterFarm
      GlitterFarm commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using Nirvana seeds too. Thing #1 AK48, Thing #2 Jock Horror ~ looking forward to seeing so many different strains & everyone's growing techniques. Good luck.

Got some auto's ordered from new420guys. The black friday deal of auto regs. Sourlowryder2, GDP Blast, Sour60, La berry fruta and i have autos from seedsman that are amnesia haze, kush auto and sour diesel haze. Now i just need to pick what to grow. What do you guys think i should do?

Going to grow them in 3 gal fabric pots with coco choir. Nutrients will be GH Flora Trio. Will be using cfls for seedlings or cheap leds and then switching to a HLG-600H quantum board 620w but says its equivalent to a 1000w hps.

Also im growing 4 Sour diesel haze atm and their over 4 weeks old and still not flowering. Gonna wait another week or 2 then switch it to 12/12. So dont know if i should trust the seeds from seedsman.
    Last edited by Cloud; 11-24-2018, 04:03 PM.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• BurningTeddy
      BurningTeddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sour60 if your going for fastest finish. That GDP Blast sounds awesome to.

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree the GDP blast sounds really good

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cloud. I've grown most every auto seed Paul at New420Guy has for sale,
      I've never had a bad experience with any of his seeds, I've had a couple that didn't germinate, but that was my fault.
      The Headbanger an Chems Sister both finished in 65days.
      He doesn't have Chems Sister anymore though.
      The BlueHaze im growing now from Paul is 70days old today, an Will be ready by next Saturday
      GoodLuck with whatever you choose, you are gonna do fine, with any of them.
      Have a nice evening Cloud.

Ok well all work is out of my way. Thanksgiving is over and the rest of the year is peaceful. The Battle of the Beards is now on auto pilot so I am ready. Seven more days if I can count properly and the fun shall begin.

Tomorrow I will be cleaning and rearranging the basement. Getting everything ready so it all goes smoothly on this end. I cant wait to start seeing some plants and start reading advice.

I am hoping that everyone in the grow has not only a smooth and problem free grow but that everyone has the best grow of their lives. Just remember that the most important part is to have fun. Smack talk is encouraged but lets please keep it at that. Fun boasting, bragging, showing off. There will be no true fighting or intentionally trying to hurt or offend anyone. If something is said that is out of order please PM me or someone you trust to clear it up. Do not bring it up in the open. I seriously doubt that will happen but just dont want people to feel unwelcome.

Do we have a headcount? A list of names? I'm not good at keeping up with that stuff so if no one wants to we will just roll with it as we go.

Back to me, currently I only plan on entering "thing one" which will be Blue Tooth from MSNL. I will be growing 3 but only the one named thing one will count. If someone wants me to add a "thing two" I will be starting 3 ak47 autos from msnl at the same time. I can add one but only If someone specifically wants me to. I can give reports on them without entering one.

Anyways just remember the long list of rules:
    1: pick and label a "thing one." If you want to add other strains as thing two three etc. go for it.

2: Be honorable.

Rules covered. Get ready. Have fun. And let the smack talk begin
    Last edited by Redwasp; 11-24-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure we’ll have a head count on the first brother.

Well said Redwasp - got my tent cleaned out - going to hang my fan and get thingies germinating - but that's tomorrow during football.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I'm gonna grow 2 plants and wondering when do we tag them 1 and 2? Before Germination, after, or when we plant them in medium or cubes? or?
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
      IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69

Haven't heard the name before, where are the located?

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        uncledoug He owned the farm where Woodstock was held.in 69.
        We got and old girl friend, that was young back then ,that married a dude from upstate NewYork, can't remember the city's name at the moment, got brainlock I guess,lol.
        But it's a big city, that starts with a B, I think, can't remember, but she said it gets really Cold where she lives, she said..
        I'm fix in to try to find out the name of that city, though, if I can.
        Have a nice evening uncdoug.
        Ps, remembered it, it was Buffelow

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Buffalo, I'm around 100 miles east of there, in between Rochester and Syracuse. Lots of snow and cold.

I thought this was an auto grow I didn't know there were regular auto seeds? anyways when is the start date
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only Masters ,i know, aint on here no more.
        But there is plenty of great growers on here , I'd name then to, but I do not want to leave anyone out, like I'm sure I would do.
        But I would start with Tika, as the best on GWE!!

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I second that haha tika is the master grower in here

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwasp. D.A.A.S.69 9fingerleafs oldjarhead100 1st .I don’t consider myself a master grower 2nd yes good buddies there ARE Master growers on GWE but they lurk or are athletically visible for people in need
        right 9fingelraf...help novice growers endlessly without bravado. Just to be clear...there are people on GWE that don’t parade and GWE has lost very viable informative bull goose growers masters or no ..I miss them too
        SO: as I have grown photo fems, regular seeds sexed to fems, and 1 lowrider that sucked thuroughly...I offer being careful in making all things equal: autos vs photo feminized vs sexed to female calculated over time , yield and THEN the SMOKE..the kind and Quality of the high...we’d have to colaborate agree and share bud to all who participate for the final vote. And no I can’t (endoure) another proving...although...hear my love not dis buddies...I would LOVE to kick your collective asses in a grow but that’s just my ego raising her unqualified head..feels good in the moment tho🙃
        Again..don’t dis the masters you can’t see that are and have been of serious service to those in need.
        Love you guys and the women in the background🎩👠🍁😎
        Last edited by Tika; 11-26-2018, 10:02 PM.

We have been reading, and dont know if we should enter. We dropped 3 seeds on the 20th from N420G, each of us chose a strain to plant, oh, the 3 of us, me myself and I. Me chose Headbanger as we must see if it lives up to its name, Myself chose white mosow for several reasons, and I chose white widow for its reputation. All are auto fems, all are in our own soil, 20 gallon smart pots, all organic, and all I can do for now is CFLs (better lighting is in the future!). We will start 3 more strains just before Christmas, and 3 near the end of January, and February!
      So which one should we enter?

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        What I would do is read from the start of our thread and see what everyone else is growing. We want to try and have as many DIFFERENT strains as possible. I don’t remember seeing anyone choose headbanger or white Moscow. I just finished my ww auto grow. I’m waiting to hear back from nirvana on if I should choose blue cheese or jock. Since others are doing jock and jack I’ll prolly go w the blue cheese since no one has chosen it.
        Good luck and welcome!

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise just label headbanger as thing one, white Moscow as thing two and white Widow as thing 3. Probelm solved. Not sure how many thing 3s we will have but know we have alot of thing twos.

Start date is on average December 1st. These are autos so starting early or starting late will not affect the end results. Autos are done when they are done unlike photos so starting early would not give anyone an advantage.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        DASS69 I can say I like the seed so far, that headbangers popped within 24 hours, the other 2 within 48 hours. What I did was take 1 of each auto fems that were available, and 1 regular to round out to 6 strains ( I can have 6+6 veg/flower).

Retodd I have been reading this thread, I will likely choose the headbanger for this.

Redwasp, you been checking my labels? LOL They are in the positions 1, 2 and 3, 'cept the WW and WM are reversed. I will keep records on this grow since it is now legal for me to do this.

D.A.A.S.69 I honestly wouldnt know what an actual master grower would be for inside grows. Not a clue. I could have pointed some out for outside in the past. But they have all gone to the great garden in the sky.

I can just picture what my Papaw would have had to say about all this high falutin inside growing. He would have looked you square in the eye and told you that if you cant grow enough outside with what God gave you then you need to go work for someone who can. Lol But he was a hard core died in wool farmer.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise My uncle's raise chickens big time, huge chicken farms.
        And the downhill side were, the runoff goes, is super rich, super strong to, but I'm sure that you know how chicken sh-t, will burn stuff up to, if you use to much of it.lol

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is very hot! I use it in the compost, in the garden, and make a tea for the houseplants. easy does it! I have rabbits also,,,

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        At our food farm we built boxes under our rabbit cages with the sides going about 12 inches into the ground and about 12 inches above ground level. The bottom is open. We raise worms in the boxes and they make some great soil amendments. The plus side we dont have to clean it up. We just get what we need and well on lazy days grab the worms and go fishing. Lol

I have 3 different strains and 6 seeds from a hermied auto Dam air injectors lol going to try some of them . I never knew autos could be regular seed then again I didn't know they could hermie to lol, I wont be able to start them until I have some space in the auto room, right now there are 4 autos going 3 jack herer and I cant remember lol, in with these autos are 4 plants for the next round they got to big to leave all 8 in the veg room , then I have 4 others 3 cookies kush and one dgth in 3 gal pots so after I take the challenge plants I can move the veg to bloom and shut the veg room down for a month of two
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds good ojh, I'm just glad that you are in. This is gonna be fun to watch.
        oldjarhead100

Tika this whole thing is to help each other out and have fun. To help each other learn, see other methods of growing, and to bring each other closer together. Basically one massive grow journal. Yes there will be smack talk, I'm pretty sure you threw some in your statement there lol, but it's all for learning and fun.

Yes there are some people in the background here that dont post much but if your lucky you will get a PM from the now and again with help. But as they dont post much, if ever, they remain anonymous and I assume they want it that way.

Now back to you if you can throw a plant in and have some fun that would be great. I did not include you in the initial invite of names as your grows are like clockwork and I just didnt think you would be able to throw a plant in willy nilly.

No the competition is in no way scientific or anything. It's just fun.

Comment

I’ll be growing blue cheese auto from nirvana in my own soil mix

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Retodd man that's a great choice! !
          But I've had pretty good luck with all of Nirvanas seeds, some of their autos, get huge.!!
          Good Luck in the contest ,ole buddy! !

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69, Not sure why you keep saying good luck to people when you know I'm gonna win it all.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          uncledoug it sounds nicer to say good luck, than bad luck, lol
          It's a habit I reckon, I even tell my grand kids opposing teams, good luck, at their baseball games, when I know they ain't got a chance to win, lol. It makes them smile anyway,lol
          You got a good a chance as anyone, especially if your growing Paul's seed, and that's a fact ole buddy
          You would have a good chance to win, with anyone's seeds, seriously , GoodLuck, im pullin, for you too!!
          Have a nice evening, we just got done voting, but he doesnt have much of a chance, imo. To many bigly Redneckss down here, they still living in the 50s, the were flying rebel flags, at our voting place no kidn, either, when we were driving off, we slowed way down, an shot them the bird,lol
          Later Doug

Got my autos today 😁. Now to pick a strain. Im thinking ill end up doing the sour60 since its the fastest.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          Went with the Sour60 and i started to germinate them. Started soaking 5 seeds last night and then their going into rapid rooters. Gonna label 2 or 3 of them and wait till they show sex. If thing 1 is female its the one i pick lol and if its male i move onto the next plant.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s why I buy fems....lol

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea needed to be cheap because my heating bill is way to high in the winter. Reg seeds half the price. I might try to pollinate a plant or two and see if I can get some stable seeds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X