No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gang I've been transplanting my autos this morning was going to have 4 down to 3 now. This one was a Grand Daddy Purp auto now it's compost
    Attached Files
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      those sneaky males are always ruining the all lady parties. lol

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      sad never happy to see balls

Day 90 and harvest has arrived. The plant is almost spent and amber maybe up to 15% some places and much less other places. Still I think this will easily be the best I have harvested so far.

502 grams wet and maybe another 30 for sugar leaves and small buds for tincture. Awesome! and so sticky.
    2 more even larger plants to go with the sativa high. Ya this is fun!
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-02-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Great pictures and grow!

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      JohnEmad how do you make your tincture?

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Greenlivin I am entering a whole new world when it comes to tincture. Have a bottle of Everclear and will follow the instructions on GWE for green dragon 1st. Then who knows. I will have a couple lbs of weed to play with in another few months hopefully and still have the coming outside summer grow before I take a break. Just my wife and I who are part time users of this amazing plant so will have to make edibles and tinctures to utilize all that.

Holy smokes Batman. I had never done the math on how much we smoke at my house. I thought about it because it's the first time in many many years that I do not have plants in flower. But we go through over 10 grams of smoke everyday not including cbd or edibles. When I get back from vacation I need to get on the ball.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I just had never paid attention before. Maybe we need to cut back me thinks.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I grab a hand full every day I'm to scared to figure out what I smoke ,but its close to a half a ounce a day, smoking cbd and sativa has really helped to cut down,

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I burn more while fishing, but between the wife and I both we rarely go thru an oz per month, usually longer. However, we rarely smoke the same strain more than once a day at best.

My first, but not my last autogrow, Jack herer
    476.94grams dried to 62% good bud
    60.33grams popcorn. I did not keep a lot of the sugar leaves, but I have a plan going forward
    Tumble weed is no more :-)
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a light smoker, smoked a one hitter bowl yesterday morning, had to wait before heading out and was good for the day. Little to speedy for my wife, but I like it.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes my wife does not like speedy smoke. I call it daytime smoke and I love it.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Spidermite after a little cure time this is the perfect daytime smoke for me. Little bit of a speed rush first thing, but good for the day. Only down side is, you better pack a big lunch.....

!st auto in the jars.
    Cream Caramel Auto dried to 58% and weighing in at 103.95 grams or 3.71 oz's.
    Super happy with that. Buds are small to medium but fairly dense. At 1st smoke it isn't as smooth as my other grows but it tastes real good. Spicey, slight fuel taste with a hint of sweet as advertised. I know it will get smoother as it cures.
    It has a feel good start moving to a very relaxed body high. Just what the doctor ordered. Glad I let it go as long as I did.
    This reminds me of the better quality sensi I used to get many years ago. Sticky with lots of sparkle and red hairs.
    I stopped using pot for almost 30 years due to my former profession but am glad I started up again for different reasons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200108_142630.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	364357

Attached Files

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx FBL,
      Next are the two NL x AK 47 x Critical Mass autos. a week or two at most.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice. Great job.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice Grow!

1st Auto grow is almost complete. The 2 NLx's chopped today. The tall one that was supercropped or it would have been close to 4 ft. I stressed her out by overfeeding and she never fully recovered. Had I not stressed this one she may have produced a much better result all around but I am not complaining at all. just saying. She limped home with a wet harvest of 698 grams of very sticky buds not incl. the 40 grams of larf and trim for extracts In fact I may use it all for some form of extract it is so frosty. It was maybe @3-5% amber and smaller but dense flowers.

The NLx that was topped grew into another large plant with long thick colas that gummed up the snips and my fingers. Amber was near 10% and mainly cloudy trichs. This one produced 762 grams with 70 grams of larf and trim.I am impressed with how productive and strong these plants are. The cream caramel that was harvested 1st has the strongest effect with a heavy body stone but these 2 are close in strength but not as sedentary in their effects.
    I am very happy with this grow and learned a ton. Reacting with more confidence now after all I have learned here and by experience. This grow is easily my best and exceeded my expectations.Total wet weight for all 3 plants is 1962 grams. So nearly 1 lb dry I would imagine.
    Next grow is already in solo cups and 2 will soon be into autopots again. Officially starting my 3rd indoor grow.
    I appreciate all who stopped by and or commented on my grows.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-12-2020, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Extremely nice!

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Christmas tree oh Christmas tree...

Nice looking flowers. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. 🥳

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that a kola or a spear tip? 🤣

I'm off!
    The shells were popping off in the toweling chamber so I figger'd it a good time to go to soil. Cotyledons pecking their way out. I also figger'd it would be better to plant the sprouts with the cotyledons above the soil. But how with such a small thing?
    I'll tell you. I took a note from the straw planting I'm doing and wrapped the sprouts in coffee filters (I don't really have or use paper towels) around the roots, up to the coty's. The wrap got sunk with the coty's above soil. H2O2 spray for the first.
    From experience, I was expecting longer tap roots before breaking out. Fool me once...
    I'm posting this to my first auto grow in 'The Great Auto Showdown. Same-same with everything except pictures that look the same but aren't except for the one with the sprouts.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard I have 3 auto's that are 28days from seed today. They are in 3gal soil mix. Mine are still in veg mode i'm just LST main stalk then tyeing down arms. They get stiff pretty darn quickly. I did not top I want to see a fat main cola is why. Later today I will take pics of these 3 they are so little to work with I use paper clips to strap down arms look like a sheppards hook.

Final results with 1st double auto grow. Grew 2 types of autos using the autopot system.
    Quantity: 417.79 grams dry or almost 15 oz. Lights used 350W so over 1g/W
    That trimming thing can be a marathon.
    I don't see why a lb grow will be much of a stretch.
    Cream Caramel is by far the strongest smoke with psychoactive properties. I sat looking ahead for 15 mins after a few tokes. Probably no big deal for the seasoned partakers.
    Both NL crosses have a relaxing yet uplifting high giving you the munchies while letting you remain active in a laid back way. It also took away my lower back (Trimming) and shoulder pain almost instantly.
    Sticky buds are hard to roll...lol! vaporizer is easier.
    What the hell am I going to do with 5 more autos on my current grow?

Name:	20200113_211635 (2).jpg
Views:	405
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	367017

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Well. Done. Sir.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      You raised the bar pretty high my friend. Hopefully I can get close to your level .
      It could be a regional match. YYC vs Central AB.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t deserve any credit for bar levels. I might be just proof of “beginners luck” more than anything. 😉

I used to live in Red Deer. Work eventually moved me to YYC area. Some day I hope to move even further south...like Dominican Republic kinda south. (Specially with this -30 cold snap)

What... uh... am I being impatient?
    The seeds went to coffee filter on the 7th. Soil on the 12th. Today, they're still just wee things. Same-same growing situation I've done in the past with the 600 watt LED being the only difference. Heat got up to 77° more than once when the light was on. Way too much for my little space. I'm back down to the 350 watt since the limited loan is over. They're going to get their first 1/4 diluted nutes a little later.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's how autos come up - she's going to get a bit bigger then stall again as she spreads her roots out to find out how big her home is. 2 gallon pot should take about 10 days before she begins her vertical growth and before much longer she'll be shootin out pistils.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      It might not have been paranoia. The sprouts got put to FF Ocean Forest. It gave me a chance to look at the roots. None of the three were much longer than they were when put to soil. I'm pretty sure it's because of the coffee filters I used in the first transplant. The filters don't allow the roots to grow through like paper towels do.
      I understand they're still quite young. But all the other seeds planted at the same time are pretty far along.
      Looks like a modification to one of my shadow experiments is in order... Flavin!

Right on Canuck147 These'ns are my very first autos. Bagseed grows much faster.

How about this. I just hooked up with two, three gallon fabric pots with FF Ocean Forest soil. Would this be a good enough time to transplant?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't transplant any of my autos - straight into their only home. I use 2 gallon pots and I don't know about Fox Farm

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I use 2 gallon pots for mine as well but I do transplant once. I soak my seeds then germinate in Fox Farms soil in a solo cup then transplant about 15 days after they break the surface into 2 gal pot full of FFHF and/or FFOF, pretty much whichever I have open and handy at the moment. I only use the solo cups because I can easily start 4-5 seedlings in cups and grow them for the first week under a single 14w cfl bulb versus 70w from the veg switch on my blurple or 4-600w HID. I sneak them in wherever I can fit a cup under the HIDs that are growing older plants between CFL life and transplanting.

Here's my 2 autos right around 30 days from seed. Durban poison and a Berry ryder. I just today moved them up higher they are 25" from my 2 450r vipars. But they are sharing the tent with 3 photos possible more as i just took clones off the Mango photo.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

That's it, then. I got some little bit of nutes on the three. Tomorrow we're going to FF Ocean Forest. All I'm going to need to worry about is ph.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

10 days from sprouting for Creme de la Chem and Double Grape. Both almost ready to go into their big girl pots. Namely the 3.9 gallon autopots with coco/perlite precharged and waiting.

Name:	20200117_211354.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	367451

Comment

Guys it's time for me to bow out for the time being. I wish you all the best. Life has raised its ugly head. I'll try to check pms from time to time. A few here know how to contact me personally so if you need anything ask around.

I wish you all the best grows and the biggest buds you've ever grown.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey man good luck and stay safe.

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your help and hopefully see you here again.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Catch you on thè next rotation of the wheel we are chained to (life)

Always be thread that could use a little you

Autos in autos. What could be better? Day 13 and liking their new homes.
          2 of Mephistos fine cultivars. Double Grape and Creme de la Chem in Autopots
          This should be to your liking SoOrbudgal as they are mainly indica.
          Or almost anyone who likes to relax or go on a trip with both plants suipposedly getting to 22% thc levels on a consistent basis.
          If they turn out good I will test them for sure

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200122_195356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.47 MB ID:	368984

Double Grape:
          Size - 55 - 80 cm
          Structure - Average Medium height but bushy
          Indica/Sativa - 60/40
          Cycle Time - 65 to 70 days from sprout
          Yield - 90 to 140 grams as a single plant
          Aroma - Strong complex aroma, blending sweet and sour, grapes and gas.
          Taste - Deep rich red grape to sweeter grape pop
          Effect - Potent hybrid, both stimulating and sedative depending on tolerance and consumption
          Medicinal Benefits - Great for aches, pains, sleep and appetite stimulation
          Cannabinoids - 21.78% THC from a random flower tested by Canna, Independent tests have seen as high as 27.53% total cannabinoids.
          Extract information - Perfect extract candidate - Very High in resin, oil and terps.

Creme de la Chem:
          Size - 55 to 80cm
          Structure - Wide
          Indica/Sativa - 70/30
          Cycle Time - 65 to 70 days from sprout
          Yield - 90 to 120g
          Aroma - Varied delights from flowers and spices to incense with fuelly notes.
          Taste - Spice, fuel & flowers. Tastes and smells STRONG!
          Effect - Highly potent, long duration high.
          Medicinal Benefits - Fantastic medicinal strain, aches/pains/insomnia all taken care of.
          Cannabinoids - TBA
          Extract information - Rich in terps ideal for rosin, live resin and bubble hash.
          Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-23-2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I like the ratio 60/40 i'm going to watch this one

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X