No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there everyone. I'm new here on GWE and I'm working on an auto hybrid. No autos to plant at this stage, but I'm subbed in to follow along. Best of luck to all growers.

Comment

Thing 1 is looking fine - gave her a couple cups of water.

New light and fan are working great. Have the light on its timer for 18/6 with only the 4 white cob lights on. Fan runs 18/6 for now. Temp in tent is usually way warmer with the Viparspectras so now its around 24. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_103422.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	272818
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thing 2 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_103429.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	272820
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes my thing 1 so far is doing better than my thing 2. But so far thing 2 which is the ak47 auto from msnl, is the only ak47 to peak its head out. There are still 4 ak47 playing in the rapid rooters. I say playing because they all have tap roots. Go figure on that one. Lol But they still have time.

All of my Blue Tooth from MSNL have fully sprouted. Not sure what's up with the ak47s autos. Of my last orders from MSNL all White Widow, Carmelicious, white lsd, raspberry cough, ak47 photos, and Aurora Indica have sprouted quickly and easily. Maybe one or 2 took 7 days but they all made it to harvest. So that's alot of seeds that sprouted, (to be fair those were all seeds I paid for.)

Now saying that I've had multiple free seeds from msnl not sprout or even start a tail. The ak47 auto was a free reshipment for a product that I had paid for an order or 2 back. They sent photo ak47s instead of autos. They replaced them but im starting to think they sent out of the free seed pile (ie take that as old or overstocked seeds.) Anyways will keep you updated on those 4. But at least the one in the contest has sprouted it is very slow though.

Side note - Been waiting on a Buddha seed to germ to join the party. Had the fabric pot outside the tent beside one of the vent holes where light can escape, just keeping it warm. This is the pot I tried to plant a Bubba Kush in five days ago. Although I lost that seed.
        Or so I thought I did.
        Went to open the tent this morning and a wispy like looking piece of hair or something was stuck in the pot. Looked at it and Bubba wasn't lost at all - just playing hard to get. Poor little thing was stretching towards the light coming out of the vent hole. So I put her in the tent and watered her. Little stretchy looking but she'll live.
        Buddha seed still hasn't popped - bye bye. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_103314.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	272825
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol...

So update: All four seeds germinated (100%) Soaked rapid rooters in pHd tap water for about an hr. Inserted seeds and stole Redwasp’s solo cup holder method. Hah seemed to work good. Anyways, they’re all in the tent doing their thing. Wish me luck!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	90CD74F1-C541-4B74-B040-9C60CEB3DCBD.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	272839Click image for larger version

Name:	7BB82DE5-9369-48A9-846B-951F63C7D7EE.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	272838Click image for larger version

Name:	8FEF98DD-6DEA-4659-ABF8-FDCE62AF9B11.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	272840
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the cups work great dont they. Lol

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. I didn’t realize there was like a perfect circle to cut out of the bottom! I originally tried to just cut slits around the bottom but it was like a trap and couldn’t pull it back out! So then I noticed the circle and cut it the best I could with my butchered cups. They were my last 4. Haha. I’ll know better for next time.

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
        Thing 1 is looking fine - gave her a couple cups of water.

New light and fan are working great. Have the light on its timer for 18/6 with only the 4 white cob lights on. Fan runs 18/6 for now. Temp in tent is usually way warmer with the Viparspectras so now its around 24. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_103422.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	272818
        18/6 eh? That's what it took to get my first-generation semi-autos to bud. Next gen is when I start selecting for autos.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I usually go 19/5 -but I'm taking advantage of the built in timer.

I run my autos either 20/4 or 24/0 depending on my whims and the time of year. In winter I run 24/0 to keep the plants in a better temperature range. I just adjust the temperature by changing the exhaust fan speed. Works really well and provides free heat. In the winter the carbon filtered exhaust exits into the far side of my basement. It keeps the basement nice and toasty and keeps the upstairs warmer because it heats the floors. So again free heat.

In the summer I rarely run 24 as it is a waste of energy I think.

Comment

I have one sprout. Moved both plugs under the grow dome

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking good so far.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Im still thinking about accidentally getting another seed wet 😁

Redwasp I think we should have a weekly pic/checkin. You pick a day. You and Retodd did a good job getting this thread going - so thanks for that.

A few others seem to be posting regularly - keep it up we're all doing great.

I thought we were all going to share our tips and tricks with each other - Redwasp started with his great tip with the upside down solo cup. Everybody should post a tip or trick they are using on this grow - not some other grow
          All you newbies - and all the rest of us - should be able to learn a lot real fast if you pay attention. Best way is to post a pic or fess up to your most recent mistake.

​​​​​​​I'll go with the next most obvious trick - which is the pot one is using - fabric Geopot here 3 gallon with handles. Plus a few additions I tell about later.
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147
            That is a super Idea Great thinking mister.
            So I'm The only one in this that is growing Photoperiod plants, My advice about Autoflower plants is null and void. I do pay attention to y'all doings But I can't not speak from experience about Autos specifically.
            I will try and give up some tips about growing in general.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley I always have photo plants too. I think all my current ones are to far ahead of yours to compare them. But it's all good. Jump aboard, strap on your seat belt, and dont stick your hands out of the windows.

I am trying to remember who all is in this grow or said they would be. Guess I better scan back and have roll call soon.

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the shout out Canuck147 I normally do the same as Red posted when starting my plants, but just went old school and didn’t start in starters and once I popped my seed it went straight to my grow area/box. I didn’t want to shock it at all. Once I put the seed in soil I saturate a good 5” around the seed, because my soil is completely dry. I’ll go in every 6-8 hrs and water more. I’m dealing with a ton of soil in my box and it’ll start distributing outward. I’ll post a pic after I catch up on the reading here. I’ve been dealing with some issues with my new light, but Redwasp has been sorting it out for me. I’ll explain on that post. GL with your grow

The size peat pots I use.

Name:	1544065533135590348229925356693.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	272953

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I agree with Canuck147 after thinking about it. No solo cups. I do not know everyones skill level here. So it's always best to go by what's tried and true until you are sure of yourself. Either use peat pots or plant straight to their final homes. Just not worth the risk of slowing, stunting, or killing the plant unless you are growing a bunch at 1 time. Better safe than sorry.

So Juicyj89 I'd get peat pots ideally. But planting straight into the plants permanent home is tried and true since man planted the first seed. And before that mother nature was and still is using that method. Lol

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Welk if Walmart has them when I go pick up my soil I’ll get some. Otherwise I’ll just plant my RR in the 3 gal.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I used starters with these, but usually I plant the seed in the pot and let her grow!

Juicyj89 how big is your tent or grow space? If it's a 4x4 or a 3x3 you can probably fit 4 in them easy. Especially the 4x4. Just train them to fill as much space as you can and let them have fun.

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s actually 2x2..

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Juicyj89 I really dont think you can fit 4 in there. Have you seen how big some autos get? To give you an example you could got to my Gave Up post and look at the size of those autos at the end. There were 6 Carmelicious which are nice size but no where near the biggest, in a 4x4 space. It was to packed for my comfort. Non stop worrying about bud rot.

Ok for clarites sake I'm going to call out those who said they were going to join in. Please respond back with the strain of seeds you ended up using. I tried to keep up but people kept changing them. Lol So WOULD THE REAL SLIM SHADY PLEASE STAND UP!!

Redwasp Blue Tooth is thing 1 ak47 is thing 2

Retodd Blue Cheese
          D.A.A.S.69 May or may not be joining in
          Mr.furley NewGuy420 Durban Poison photo for comparison
          uncledoug 1. Pure Haze. 2. White Moscow
          Canuck147 Just cant remember what your final choice was
          Juicyj89 Sweet Tooth auto
          LurkingInTheGrass 1.Royal Gorilla auto 2 Royal Gorilla auto
          BurningTeddy 1. Strawberry Cough 2.orange cookies
          bhaskaraphoenix?
          starramus GG4?
          Cloud GDP?
          DimeBagKilla ak48
          oldjarhead100 man of mystery strain tbd
          Rwise 1. Headbanger, 2. White Widow 3. White Moscow
          PRIMO Sweet Tooth
          @GlitterFarm ak48

Did I leave anyone out? Is there anyone on the list that we know for sure is not joining in?

Please post your strain or strains, and whether you are soil, coco core, or etc etc.

list what your plant choice for 1 2 3 etc is. Make sure to label the seeds clearly. When you can post a few pics. Also as requested by others a few weekly pics would be great. Satarday was picked as the photo day I believe. But if you post pics regularly well then you wont need satarday.

Anyways I think I got everyone.
          Last edited by Redwasp; 12-07-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            Thing 1: RQS-Royal Gorilla (auto)
            Thing 2: RQS-Royal Gorilla (auto)

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Ye gads, that`s a right royal rogues gallery in that line-up if ever there was one. Like GWE`s own Hole In The Wall Gang. Wishing everyone all the best

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I still plan on starting, but my gorilla glue is still going lol. By the time it's done, I may already have my new seeds, which means I'll probably go with one of those. Sorry about the super late entry everyone lol

Still nothing happening in my pots! Hopefully soon lol, getting jealous of all the seedling pics!

Name:	20181205_220710.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	273012Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_220720.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	273013

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I have one so far but it has helmet head..

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Just let it go and 99% of the time or more they correct themselves. More people kill them than save them when they intervene. Not saying you would. But a helmet head is a positive because it's out of the ground.

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah she seems to be a beast already ahead of the others so if she has the will she’ll push that seed of by the end of the day. I believe in her.

Juicyj89 I am really sorry that I cannot remember every strain of all the people who said they were in this with us? The number of people who said that they would be here was pretty big. Anyways your response seemed intense for sure. I only accepted the package. Nothing more.

Anyways have a great day and a merry merry Christmas.
          Last edited by Redwasp; 12-06-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            My bad man. Text can be very hard to decipher sometimes. I’m sorry if it came off rude or intense. It’s just if you did see any of my posts it’s was only for the sweet tooth. Except for my first when I said I wasn’t going to join. I’m really not an asshole. I promise. Lol and merry Christmas to you as well!

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Juicyj89 it's all good and you said nothing wrong. You just misunderstood me. I no longer like to take reports, keep track of things, write things down etc. Last night I was going through every message on this post to get names etc. Well after I scratched out strain type the 20th time I said ok names are going to have to do. Lol

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha okay yeah I feel ya on that. But I know I can come across as an ahole too. Lol

I was going to bail on this grow I didn't want to spend money on one plant ,but this morning I changed my mind I dropped 10 kush seeds ,5 diesel, and my last Jack herrer, now they will all pop cause theres no way I have room for 16 plants lol, and I still have 6 kush and 4 diesel all free maybe thats why they didnt pop lol
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes @oldjarhead I think 50% or more of my free seeds never pop. My success rate on seeds I paid for is almost perfect. So I am sure it was the seeds.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            LOL
            The power of 'positive' thinking?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X