No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a tip for y'all - for bigger looking buds - just get a mini bic lighter and your buds will look twice as big as they are. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	270927
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha Now That's funny right there.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if someone ever did that thanks for the chuckle

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's fucking great! Lol

But seriously - have my Vortex fan on the wall - tent is cleaned out - 3 gallon fabric pots are acclimatizing in the tent - 3 beans germinating - ummmm guess I'll have to unpack my virginal Optic 4 COB.

More than just an on or off switch - if I can figure how to use this light properly - just let me remind most viewers that a lot of the earlier Cannabis Cup winners were Canadian entries - way back in the 70's 80's I think - anyways ……………….

To be a contender in this showdown one must start with a plan - before - they start their grow. Usually I just top my plants and wing it from there - but me thinks this grow will have to be low. No more 4 foot autos this time. So here's my plan...………………………………………. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	270938Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	270939
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! You sound like me with my new light! Lol

• BurningTeddy
      BurningTeddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking into Optics for my tent, pretty excited your gonna run one

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look pretty cool! I love cobs, mine look a bit different than yours, but I can't complain at all about them!

so my prisim 630 cmh fixture and bulbs came in so I will be swapping my hps out . thinking of turning the wattage down to 600 and hang it over autos , IDK i have 6 300w leds in it right now
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Mr. Furley''s Photoperiod grow in your auto show.

went in water at 2100 hrs 11/27.

will flip on or before 1/1/19.

42 days 18/6 = 756 light hours.
      Projecting harvest between 2/26-3/1
      55 days 12/12= 660
      projecting 97 day @ 1416 light hrs

I may not be the fastest, I might not have the most, but I'll give you a run for your money. Anybody care to track light hours? because for me power cost less out of peak hours so it is not economical to run a light 24 hours a day, so I dont grow Autos! for me it's all about grams x watts = $$$.

Good luck to everyone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181127_212438.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	655.6 KB
ID:	271038
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        We will see what she can do in that time period. Be interesting to see.

Ok fellas...here it is. I don’t know if any soil growers want to try basically what we’ve been mixing for over 40 yrs, but here’s what I do now. Back in the day when we had horses we used a lot of manure.
      As you know we’re all organic here.
      I start with a 50/50 peat moss and organic potting mix
      Dpending on the amount of soil I’m mixing is the amount of vermiculite, this case was 2+ cups.....I eyeball everything...lol.
      I then add in a couple tablespoons of blood and bone meal.
      I mix the shit out of it.
      Last but not least I add 1/3 mix of organic worm castings and then mix everything together for a good 15 min or so to make sure I’m all good.
      I know a lot of you buy premade soils, etc like fox farms n such. I personally think it’s better to just get your hands in and mix everything yourself.
      I went ahead and added pix of the brands we use.
      🙏🏼✌🏻Brothers n sisters
      Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        dont you have to cook it with the blood meal???

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Cook it? No. I use a small amount. To give a idea, my box is 12X22X8-1/2 and there’s like 2 tablespoons of bloodmeal mixed into the whole thing. I use the same amounts of bone meal. Along with using worm castings it makes for a lot of nitrogen. While growing I use a lot of fish emulsion also. I’ve never burned a plant in my life, knock on wood...lol

Got my seeds today! All set to start germinating on the 1st!

Think I'm gonna run the Kosher13. Click image for larger version

Name:	16841.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	746.5 KB
ID:	271403

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice. Let's get ready to GET IT ON.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Burning where did you get your seeds ???

• BurningTeddy
        BurningTeddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Guys called PuffPuffPass. He's pretty big in my Facebook group and people are growing monster in 70 days (3/4lbs was the biggest so far)

Heres the website http://southwest-bakery.mybigcommerce.com

Payment a little tricky, had to use PayPal and go through FB chat to set it up but nothing but good things over heard.

I decided (not easy for me sometimes lol ) I have three strains of seeds I got in the mail and 6 from a hermied auto I'm going to try 2 or 3 of each strain .now I'm supposed to pick the challenge plants before I drop seeds . What if they dont pop?
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I'm thinking that if 1 doesnt pop you go to the next. I dont want anyone to not be in this because of a bad seed.

Comment

Change of plans - I'll be going with Purple Stilton for thing 1 - and a mystery seed from Buddha Seeds as thing 2 - not from a bad seed but just one of those things one runs into. Namely oneself - putting germinated seed into pot with tweezers as my fingers are too big to do it - but oops little too much pressure and zing off my finger it went - somewhere - I never found it . Not the first time I've lost a seed right in front of me.
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            I hate that. You have the whole family crawling around the floor looking for the seed. And sometimes you just never find it. That sucks.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Been there too. They’re gone forever specially on carpet floors

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny you mention it, My solo Durban seed took that Ride tonight but I was luck and found it.

It's almost time for the official start. I realize some have already dropped their seeds but again they are autos so time isnt a factor. If I'm up late tonight I will start mine tonight, if not first thing in the morning.

I'm probably going to have to get rid of 5 clones somehow as I dont really want to be running 4 tents right now. To busy this time of year. They are clones of the Green Ninja but I will just reveg her after harvest and will know by then if she is worth keeping around. A few people have asked about reveging so I'll make a short post on doing it when the time comes. I love the way they grow wide and bushy when grown that way. Not to mention the yields can be very good on a revegged plant.

Comment

So I've changed my entry and decided to add a Thing#2.

Thing#1 will be Strawberry Cough, a sativa for the wife, grown in Roots Organic on top of 5lbs of Kind Soil in a 5 gallon fabric pot.

Thing#2 will be Orange Cookies, an indica dominant hybrid for me, grown in Sohum Soil in a 5 gallon fabric pot.

Both will be under 4x26w 6500k cfls for the first 2-3 weeks then moved under the 315w 4200k CMH for the remainder of their short life.

I plan on only slight defoliation for both. I've never grown a plant without training of some sort so it will be a new experience for me!

Name:	20181201_011631.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	271662Click image for larger version

Name:	20181201_012346.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	271663Click image for larger version

Name:	20181201_012651.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	271664

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

May the fattest plant win.

Comment

Been so busy w the ladies (the ones w vaginas) that I spaced the date....lol. I just dropped my blue chees in water this morning and as soon as it drops she’ll be in the towel. Looks like I’ll be starting tomorrow. They say smoking pot causes............uhhhhh......I forgot🤔

Comment

Name:	20181127_154653.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	271737

Comment

Okay so I’ll probably be starting a little later than most but I’m definitely in! I have 4x Sweet Tooth Auto Fems from n420g. Just waiting on them to arrive. So hopefully sometime this coming week. I’ll just be using 400w HID mh/hps, FFHF, FF Nute Trio, all in a 2x2x4 tent. Also in 5 gal smart pot. Probably just going to grow one but not sure. And will be using NebulaHaze feeding schedule from her auto grow. It was coco and GH trio but I’m sure it’ll work just as well. I’ll tweak if necessary.

Sweet Tooth
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	B7AC32B4-B5EB-4284-8A71-53E76D93E28C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	233.7 KB ID:	271797
                  Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-02-2018, 10:58 AM.
                  “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
                  192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
                  3 Gal Smart Pots
                  FoxFarm Trio
                  +Open Sesame
                  +Cha-Chang
                  +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
                  192w t5
                  Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
                  FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
                  FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Joker
                    Joker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    uncledoug I should mention that I topped mine. Dont know how tall they may have got otherwise.

• Juicyj89
                    Juicyj89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome!! I can’t wait!!! My seeds should be here today. But everything else I’m planning to use will be here towards the end of the week. So I guess I’ll probably be starting everything Friday or Saturday. Only a week behind. Lol

• Juicyj89
                    Juicyj89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Only a few slight changes. Downsizing to 3 gal smart pots and growing all 4.

2 RQS seeds hit the water at 12:35am December 1. Will label them 'things' when they hit their pots 😁

good grow to all

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X