RDWC system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDWC system

hey guys, took a break from social media for a while, had some security issues but decided to post up my RDWC build im working on, 5 gallon lowes buckets, 27 gallon tote, 700GPH stand alone pump...let me know what u guys think.....1 1/4 PVC reutrn, 3/4 from tote to pump, and half inch top feed water fall.....not that far yet tho

Except for the blue Lowe’s buckets, I have nearly the same system with 6 buckets. Nice sized returns , I’m using 1/2” black hydrofarm tubing draining at the 3 gallon level in the buckets to the reservoir and top feed, same pump...8” net pots and a 2” air stone. My biggest problem is nutrient solution changes. 18 gallons in the buckets plus 20 gallon reservoir. Pump works great to empty it all but with no water nearby, I carry 40 gallons of water for a refill.....SUCKS !
    Last edited by Farmall; 11-18-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Not a fan of pvc for hydro. Just makes sure it has passed all required testing for chemical leeching.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Looks like it should do fine. I would think about making your buckets light proof, you'll develop some surface algae with the blue. Only other note-be aware that you may get massive root growth in the buckets so keeping your returns clear can pose an issue.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X