How long at harvest in dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long at harvest in dark

How long can you leave Plants in Dark at harvest. I put them in all dark for harvest about 32 hours ago. Everyone here has strep. They are autos should I move them back to light Or? So far only 4 plants moved but we are not talking small plants.

I leave mine in the dark for for 48 hours before harvest. I used to let them go for 72 hours...but I noticed those little tiny white premature seeds would start to appear at 72 hours.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I cut em down when they are ready - like yesterday - never used the dark theory. Considered it...............
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I keep mine in the dark for 36 hours before harvest. But I really can't swear that it increases trichomes. But I keep doing it anyway.

Comment

Hey Redwasp, i posted this in another thread so i reposted ut here for you.

Plants store their energy produced during the day from photosynthesis, mostly as sucrose and starch. Starch is stored in two ways, as transitory starch and stored starch. Cannabis does not store any significant long term starch, as its only a anual plant under the angiosperm family which does not genetically anticipate surviving past reproduction. As such, the only form of storage it has, is from transitory starch which is only short term and holds only enough photosynthates to last the duration of the night cycle. Exactly. I say exactly because plants utilize this transitory energy efficiently, by applyling simple biological mathematics to ensure that 95% of the excess energy produced during the day, is used by the time light arives. Even if the light cycle changes. So this stored resource is very limited, and under the typical 12/12 cycle, would be completely exhausted after 12 hours of dark. After which any duration longer than 12 hours is going to cause the plant to starve itself, and undergo the same processes that is done with plants harvested and drying. Just a lot slower.
          Written Articles:
          Light Metric Systems
          Using Light Efficiently
          The Light Cycle Debate
          Environment Conditions
          Grow Light Technologies
          How To Compare Grow Lights
          To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
          Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by DrPhoton View Post
            Hey Redwasp, i posted this in another thread so i reposted ut here for you.

Plants store their energy produced during the day from photosynthesis, mostly as sucrose and starch. Starch is stored in two ways, as transitory starch and stored starch. Cannabis does not store any significant long term starch, as its only a anual plant under the angiosperm family which does not genetically anticipate surviving past reproduction. As such, the only form of storage it has, is from transitory starch which is only short term and holds only enough photosynthates to last the duration of the night cycle. Exactly. I say exactly because plants utilize this transitory energy efficiently, by applyling simple biological mathematics to ensure that 95% of the excess energy produced during the day, is used by the time light arives. Even if the light cycle changes. So this stored resource is very limited, and under the typical 12/12 cycle, would be completely exhausted after 12 hours of dark. After which any duration longer than 12 hours is going to cause the plant to starve itself, and undergo the same processes that is done with plants harvested and drying. Just a lot slower.
            Great explanation..Thank You!
            That's why it seems that my plants begin to cure a bit faster and better than when I harvested right before lights on (I give 48 hrs darkness now). It also seems as though my dry is a bit longer (a good thing, as I am in the high Sierra desert with low RH (yes, humidifiers are in use) than before I gave a dark period. Could be my imagination, but I will keep doing it. This chop, I didn't water before beginning the 48 hr dark period, to try to invoke more plant response..result were pretty limp leaves (I trim wet)

Comment

I'd cut em down, hang em upside down inna basement then go feel better. (a good sour mash helps.) Then you'll have a jump on your dry when you're up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
                I'd cut em down, hang em upside down inna basement then go feel better. (a good sour mash helps.) Then you'll have a jump on your dry when you're up to it.
                LOL..No basements in Nevada's deserts (outdoor RH is about 10%!!!)..
                Besides..I get to dab a bunch during the dark times, and press more rosin waiting to chop!!

Comment

My best answer would be- to get them back into the light soon- so no more degradation happens before you can recover and resume the harvest.
                  It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Well got 2 done. Hanging. Not the prettiest clean buds. But who cares. Not hard apparently to get help when wet popcorn is 14g. EACH

Comment

• Toker1
                      Toker1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. Don’t use scissors in the dark. Use a light. Just don’t power the huge grow light on. You just want to keep the plant from manufacturing starches again. A smaller light will not create a noticeable amount. So that is ok to use.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                      LurkingInTheGrass commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can't use scissors in the dark
                      Can't run with scissors

Whatever happened to natural selection
                      😁

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Darwin Award winners

Oh ok. Thanks for that. 😊
                    The earth does not belong to us.
                    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
                    Photos in Coast of Maine
                    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
                    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
                    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
                    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
                    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
                    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
                    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
                    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
                    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X