Lighting switch led for veg hps for bloom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting switch led for veg hps for bloom

I was wondering if anyone has any experience wit veg plants under 600watt leds then use 1000watt hps to flower as I’m am trying to get two tents running one veg one for flower problem is I only have enough room for one exhaust fan set up wit only one place to vent too so I’m was just wondering if the switch in lighting will negatively stress the plants please any info would be GREATLY appreciated THANK YOU

It will not stress them out. You still need to vent heat away from LED lights though. Watts are units that measure energy transfer in an amount of time. Watts can directly be converted into BTUs. Meaning watts = heat. Heat (on the other hand) will stress them out.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Tedbanger
      Tedbanger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you toker as to the heat my grow area stays pretty cool so I’m hoping it won’t produce to much unwanted heat guess I’ll cross that bridge wen I get there I just didn’t want to cause any stress due to different types of lights

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My mother room is LED. I cut the clones then put them under CFL. Then they get placed under HID for final growth. The only thing is when they go from CFL to HID, I need to raise the HID light higher than normal and slowly drop it down closer. Inching it per day until after a week when I have reached optimal closeness. This hardens the new clones to the light intensity of the HID.

It'll work fine and Toker is right, you still need to manage heat in the led tent. Also, if the led fixture has a red bias in the light emitted, you may get more stretching.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X