Enough light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough light?

I am new and growing one plant (so far). I have the plant under these lights: iPower 36W 4 Feet LED Grow Light Stand, a EnerEco 100W Led full spectrum 150 LEDs indoor grow light and a Moer Sky 27W 54 LED 3-head red and blue spectrum grow lamp. Are these sufficient?

Good Morning CatMomma I don't know about your lights at all, but normally you want about 30-50actual watts a square foot.More would even be better, up to a point.
    GoodLuck and HappyGrowing
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish me either about the wattage with Led lights, I bought a Killawatt, that's cheap, or I couldn't afford ,if it wasn't, lol, but it helps.
      I remember someone saying that you couldn't use a 1000watt, hps, in your tent, lol, but tell that to your plants, another lol,
      You always got the prettiest plants on GWE,
      Have a nice Sunday! !

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Them are kind words DAAS

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also serious too. kingfish
      They are always beautiful.
      Later

Hhmmnn.... I don’t know what the “actual” wattage is...why do they do that? It’s confusing!

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      For me it isn't economically feasible to grow less then 4 plants. That is if you figure what it cost to grow. Let alone the electricity.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      I will agree with king, your cost of production is maximized when you are able to use all of the footprint your light fixture can produce.
      Having said that, I run a few DWC buckets over the winter in a closet. Simple setup and it gives an opportunity to run some different strains.
      D.A.A.S.69 suggestion is spot on-the actual amount of electricity used to produce a sufficient amount of photons of light density over your grow space is usually between 30-50 watts/ sq ft. Current tech diodes like those used in Quantum Board or light strips are the most efficient and can use less power to make the same amount of light compared to older tech diodes used in bargain fixtures.
      A kill-a-watt type outlet meter will tell you the total amount of power you're using for the lights so you can base the area of the footprint off of that.
      The closet is 2x3 and fits a pair of buckets nicely. I built a simple fixture using some Samsung F-strips on a baking sheet. Absolutely crushes that space and cost under $200 to build.

Last edited by gbauto; 11-04-2018, 04:11 PM.

Kingfish, I’m just starting out with all of this. Also, I have limited space. Once I feel more confident and see promising results then I will try to grow more. I need to be careful because it isn’t legal where I live.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it, I havn't said this before CatMomma. Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you Kingfish!!!

Comment

Would need more info. How large are your plants? How long have they been growing? I assume from seed.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

My goodness, Gbauto! Thank you. I think I’m out of my element.... I do appreciate your input and I will hold onto it and refer (no pun intended) to it later.

Comment

Shotgun, she’s beautiful... her markings are like autumn leaves... what’s her name?

Comment

Mimzy!!! Hehe... that’s so adorable!!!

Comment

Here’s Lorenzo... he was a stray that we took in. He’s very sweet natured.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X