Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Pest in my soil

Hey everyone.

I am stuck ... I could really use your help.
    here is the situation :

The plants are grown in some organic supersoil hempy buckets.
    They are in week 6 of flowering currently. Feeding is water and Aact.

I have recently been noticing the leaves showing strange symptoms , curling, chlorosis, burned tips, dark spots, burnt edges and more. The rate they were drinking also slowed down.

I have been digging a little in the soil and found a huge ammount of small white mite like insects in the soil as well as slightly bigger and elongated white insects.
    the small one are very hard to take picture of but I managed with the larger one.
    The root in the top soil were quite numerous though and looking healthy , I didnt see a massive ammount of them around those , although I havent dug further to the larger roots.

I did top dress with some kelp and other nutrients recently and I know some insects help in the breaking down of organic matter , but it just seems like there is too many. And plant is not happy.

Looks like termite or ant larvae to me, haven’t a clue what to do. Other’s May chime in later with more info lol

Comment

Cool man thanks a lot. Its very small though , and I haven’t see any adult termites or ants.
      i’ll look around again to be sure

Comment

I'm trying to find your bug atm

Comment

Can't find that exact larvae u have there but found a few close. Have u seen any adult flying or crawling around??

Comment

Gotta b something laying the eggs. I would look a bit deeper also make sure its not some sort of maggot or other root eating monster. Dry out top of your soil and top it off with a thin layer of sand to make a barrier

Comment

KTM690 , thank you very much for your effort bro !

no there is nothing flying around, except 1 or 2 flies that sneak in every now and then.

I have tried to dig further, but nothing , just lots of healthy roots in the top soil , I also can’t seem to find a difference in concentration near or away from small roots.

I am currently doing just that , dry to soil.
              i will try your idea to make a barrier.

Thanks a lot, i’ll let you know if I find anything else.

Comment

You got it good luck double check those flies. Might b white flys which would b another suspect. I've used peroxide and water like a cap of peroxide with a couple cups of water add to top of soil that will also protect you. Don't freak out when it fizzes up lol its normal

Comment

Nukem with Neem oil. Usually takes out everything.

Will eradicate anything else lurking on the side lines. A good preventative.

Comment

No starramus, don't use Neem oil this far into flowering. His weed would taste like shit. Spinosad would be the only thing I would use. It won't effect you plants, but will kill the bastards.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your input guys !

I still haven’t seen a single flying insect. So thats a good sign.
                    The media is drying up slowly and it seems there is a bit less of them.

Yes neem oil at this stage won’t be the best. And unfortunately spinosad is not available in my country...

I have taken a few snaps form the buds which are starting to show some wierd signs ....
                    could it be something else than bugs ? What do you guys think ?

Comment

Classic sign of Nute burn. Looks like too much nitrogen. Just give them PHd water for the next couple of times. Keep the PH between 6 and 7. Good luck my friend.

Comment

kingfish Alright cool , thanks a lot.

i’ll flush them properly and see if it imporoves.
                        it is strange as I havent really given them anything i a while. It could be my soil too high in N...
                        I am starting to get a quite a bit of yellowing though.

thanks all of you guys. I’ll let you know how it turns out .

Comment

Ingwe I don't know what kind of plant your growing, but if they were mine, I wouldn't be giving them anything but phed water and molasses from now to harvest,
                          Looks to me like you don't have to long to go before harvest anyway.
                          Good Luck
                          Cfls for a week or two
                          315lec for everything else
                          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                          36x36x63 inch tent.
                          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                          Smart pots
                          Molasses
                          Autoflowers

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 absolutely , I agree with you. I will flush properly and maybe inoculate with a basic microbial/fungal tea and trichoderma. Except for some beneficial bacillius or nematode that feed on whatever insect could be infecting them , i dont see what else. And thats not even sure , still not 100% sure what is the cause.

As for what it is , 2x chocolate haze and 1x dance world from royalqueenseeds.
                            The chocolate is a 9-10 weeks and i am currently entering week 7.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                              D.A.A.S.69 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ingwe, exactly bud, you know what your doing, keep up the good work !!
                              I've never grown either one of those, they sound wonderful, though.
                              But I have grown several RQ seeds before, chocolate is on my list, can't wait to hear your smoke-smell reports.
                              Ain't nothing like organic, imo.
                              Later

• Ingwe
                              Ingwe commented
                              Editing a comment
                              D.A.A.S.69
                              Thanks a lot man!
                              Shweet i’ll carry on.
                              This is the second time I grow the chocolate, and it definitly deserves its spot on your list !
                              Delicious strain , that hazey taste is there with a beautiful spicy sweet chocolate body with hint of berries. Over the curring time the hint of berries slowly turns into a fruity hash smell.
                              I have never encountered a strain that goes so well with a cup of cofee ! Just delicious ! Makes me drink way too much cofee though 😂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X