No announcement yet.

Pest in my soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can try SM-90 if you don't have spinoside. It wont affect the buds but I would just use it in the soil. It is not listed as a insecticide but it works. It is mainly for root health and mostly by those using hydroponics.

If you dont have that but can get fresh coriander you can make a tea with it. That will help.

I am guessing that is a termite. You said it was organic super soil. Most are made with wood chips etc that could have been infected with them when it was made. If they did not let the soil get hot enough when composting, it could leave some alive.

To prevent it you can take whatever you are using for soil, put it ontop of a black tarp and cover it with the tarp. Do this in full sun. If it is composting keep it moist. If it is not letting it completely dry out will help kill everything.

I'm sure someone will yell at me, tell me I'm wrong, that you need to do it this way or that way but it's all good. Country boys dont get much schoolin. All we know is dirt, mud, animals, and fishing.

(P.S. that was kind of a joke. Just seems there has been a bit to much controversy for a few days. So if you want to tell me I'm wrong please use small words.)

Comment

• Ingwe
      Ingwe commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are absolutely right !
      It is a super soil and your are right it does contain some wood chips. Termite is a very strong possibility , especially looking at the larvae.

I did do exactly that in order to cook all the bad stuff away, i did not let it dry though. But The last few days before any of it was used it was cold and rainy. Good possibility some insects made their way back into the soil.
      You are 100% right drying it does kill everything but a little tea and vermicast will bring back all the life.
      You are definitly not wrong there or anywhere else as far as i am concerned.

I do not have access to sm-90 either as far as I know , but corriander absolutely!
      I will try this !

Thanks a lot for the input , greatly appreciated !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X