Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to save time, in more ways than one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to save time, in more ways than one.

Okay so I was just setting there checkin on my lady plant, as i do most of the time, meditating/pondering. I started thinking about a conversation i was having with a few members about revegging my plant after flower and taking clones. But some where in ths early stages of flower she threw out a couple of potential pollen sacs in a few places. I quickly removed them when they were spotted and continued to do this for a few days maybe a week. Then, they just stopped showing. Nothing but flowers from then on out. So, the question that arose from this thought is: If i do reveg and take clones, will they also show hermies? Or was this just maybe due to stress factors(on my behalf) that caused just this individual plant to hermie? Any thoughts or answers appreciated!! Thanks!

-Juicy
    Last edited by Juicyj89; 10-31-2018, 04:01 PM.
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Anytime you grow bag seed (accidental pollination) you potentially could run into this iussue. The late blooming hermi is usually the results of an unstable genetics (but could potentially be environment too). Where any environmental changes made recently? If it’s genetically unstable and you clone her...the clones will most likely be a hermies too.
    You can still grow seedless buds if you continue to pull the male parts off it. But the yeild will be significantly less.
    Thats why it’s always best to start with a seed that comes from a reputable dealer, and has been stabilized through back crossing. Accidentally making seeds with no back crossing, allows too many genetic veriables. Start with the best to finish with the best is a common saying for this issue. Growing with anything less is always a gamble.
    Last edited by Toker1; 10-31-2018, 04:10 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like you might have misread my post. The pollen sacs appeared in early flower. Currently there are no male flowers on the plant. And havent and any environmental fluctuations since. But I think there could have been some when they showed. Possibly pH. I don't remember. But you're right either way. Start with good genetics and you know what you've got. So i probably wont waste the time. Just such a beautiful strain.....whatever it is..

ALL plants can hermie if stressed enough and growers are far to quick to blame genetics.
    Hermies appear about 2 weeks after the stressor and will not re-appear if the conditions are resolved.

I had a fellow grower who got hermies on a "fem photo" and resulted in seeds-
    The grower knew his grow tents became too hot and was not corrected in a timely fashion, but continued to blame faulty genetics.

He gave me the "bad seeds" and I grew them just fine, in a better controlled environment.
    They all turned out to be female and the only difference was a slower germination time.

That grower no longer gives me- hermie plant seeds, lol

My point is- you likely had a stress hermie and corrected the conditions and likely not have any problems with future clones, etc.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that’s true. The ability of each strain to withstand stress without going hermie however it’s a real thing. Some strains are very resilient and others very delicate. Just take it into consideration at the time of revegin and transplanting. And of course flowering

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Riskey business. Like I said, you can get a good one... but I have had them hermi due to genetics. 3 strains under 1 light grown in the same conditions, 2 finished great and one had the genetic predisposition. I picked the male parts all day and night. No seeds in any batch, but senior hermi didn’t yeild anything to speak of.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well idk what my yeilds are going to be at all. And i am only running one 150w hps.

Hey you got any pictures of those pollen sacks, by chance?
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i look and see but i probably deleted them. But also they were definite pollen sacs. Some even looked as if they had opened. Guess ill see if theres any seeds come harvest.

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh well, at least seemed worth asking, just in case she was actually ok.
      Last edited by GreenhouseEffect; 10-31-2018, 08:13 PM.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i appreciate your concern ☺

I have a clone only bagseed that ive grown several times. Shes a lengthy sativa when it comes to her flowering, but she produces some of the most mind melting effects. Only downside is she always throws out bannanas on week 7-9 of flowering, but even if the bud is mildly seeded its still some of the best smoke ive grown and one of the reasons why i keep my mother plant!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X