No announcement yet.

Qwerty's first grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess a few more pictures of whats going on with my plants, look like they still have a while to go..... I don't have my microscope stand just yet.... had to do the best I had! I hope you enjoy.... How much longer do you think? I see some amber tricomes in some pictures, "most" of the trichs are cloudy, but It looks like a another 2 weeks or so to myself. Also it's amazing what ends up on the plants..... I see an orange thread from a shirt on one of them! Imagine what else they can pick up over time?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Good pics Qwertywill . Hope you stopped the nutes cuz maybe sooner than two weeks. So this started middle of October? You've got to try autoflowers - had you started with an auto back in October, you could now be halfway through your second grow and been curing your first grow for over a month. Just saying.
      Looks great!
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with the autos! I I am going to do 2 autos and 2 photos next go. They have started since these are so close to cutting down. Yes I started the flush as of today! I had them go so long for the sake of filling the tent so its definitly a longer period to behin with.

I figure with 2 autos by the time those are ready, the next will be in the tent with 1 larger cut. I wont be growing this strain any time soon again! It takes forever for the buds lol!

I am definitly trying autos though... if thats the case of 2nd grow now, autos may convince me!

Not to mention the plants were about a month when I got them lol!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm stickin with photos. Your triches look great, Qwerty, tho it's hard to tell from the photos if they are all milky or not. If they are, as they appear in the photos, you're almost there. I don't go for amber so I'd cut now if they were mine.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I grow some autos but I have found they dont produce what photos will at least not for me , I know my environment is not the best I grow in my cellar and its staying around 60 to 65 and I think that slows them down . I have chopped mine with trics like that I will do that if I need a head high so I can still do some work ,or leave them to get more amber ,then again I've found sometimes the bud doubles in size the last few days

Forgot to upload these the other day showing flushing and approx where the plants wil be...

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Beeeeeeeee yutiful!!! Some buds!!!!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow nice job I love how the last picture the plant has a area thats not ready what a contrast well done

Comment

Started to remove all fan leaves today. I am getting the odd banana on the tops... its time... I will upload a few pictures. I leave the sugar and bud leaves... there may be an odd fan leaf left but it will get fixed come trim time...

Not the ideal flush time :/ but oh well. Ca la ve

Comment

The bulk of fan leaves are gone. As you can see, they were cut and hung, now to wait for them to dry for a bit then i to the jars after trimming!

Now to wait and see how much each has! Waiting for final cure to weigh.

Guesses for Sharts and Giggles?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            very nice how long do you hang them while drying 14 oz. 17 grams

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends on how wet they are. First go ever hanging the whole plant. I want the slow cure since I have the humidity for it!

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            I am guessing 15oz myself!

Few pics mid dry.... they are starting to have to have a little crispyness in the little sugar leaves / small fans

All goes well!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            They look so awesome like that!! Burning bushes!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not wearing my glasses so if I want to see clearly I have to lean in a little ,I just said WTF those roots dont look good at all then I leaned in and saw they are not roots lol those buds look delish

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol OJH thats great!

Been trimming all afternoon, aprox 1430 - 1900.

Plant two. Such a slow process... glad my neibours helped!

First one was mostly popcorn there was far too much growth) I didnt lollipop enough and to add, it was just bent over for training the manifolds will be way better!, lesson learned. Plant two is going way better.. lots of big buds on her! Little popcorn, the other 2 should be the same....

Comment

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, too many small branches period. If I was making a mother, bending over is the way to go. I didnt thin it out enough to allow enough light to get in.

So fyi to all, mothers, dont train.. bend the whole plant over you get ALOT of clone points

So I did popcorn her, but should have removed extra colas to allow light penitration. Sacrifice a few for the better good. It was just far too many.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going threw that now with the 3 week defole , I have been lolypoping all the branches , but damn so many I'm Loving it lol

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Make sure you lollipop enough! I didnt and I regret it!

Numbers...

First will be per plant. I am aware these will still lose some weight...

Plant 1 - 98.3g
          Plant 2- 210.6g
          Plant 3- 114.7g
          Plant 4- 127.1

Total Fresh cut /hung dried- 550.7g
          -25% (137.675)
          =413.025

Basing off 28g being 1 oz(slightly diff I know)

14.75oz to 19.67oz range of estimation of final yield...

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            hey Qwertywill I think either you or I made a math mistake I have always multiplied the total weight by .25 then divided that by 28 . I always thought that the weight after multiplying by .25 is your dry weight because you loose 75% of weight drying it . If we subtract it we have to use .75 as the multiplier sorry man

Its possible. Its still a good yield, its half through drying though... either way i will update the final weigh i have 17 full jars (1L)

It was hung for 1 weekish. Its just started the cure.. I shouldnt say fresh cut.. fresh indicates just cutting it

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            yes it is still a great yield I was only trying to keep you from a WTF holy shit this can't be right moment lol

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's hoping those full jars are only 3/4 full. They need a bit of room.

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            @oldjarhead roger that!

@canuk that I overlooked... I shall take some out and into another jar!

Luckly they were a touch moist and I did take them all out for an hr or so to dry a little.

Been busy with life, little baby boy on the way!

Final yeild: 14oz (cured)
          0.73g per watt

Rather disapointed with Mars on this one...

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            qwerty, that's awesome about the baby and the 14 oz!!!!

alltatup Dont forget the "scary" !! Trying to get everything ready for him!

I do have 4 plants going again, but no journal due to time. So busy!

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Just post pics every satarday in the auto grow off thread. No need to do a journal and we will all get to see your whole grow.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Scary as hell, brother

LOL SCARY AS HELL

It's all worth it, when you hold that little bundle in your hands for the first time

Long story short:
            Minor birthing complications (mercurium in the placenta, translation, baby took a dump).
            8 hours of labor, until they gave the episiotomy, then another 2 hours.
            You cant do anything except be there for her.
            I cut the cord, baby is whisked to a cleaning station and cleaned up.
            *****I got to hold him first and pass him to my wife*****
            Not normal - usually baby goes to mother first, but the nurse took pity on this 6 foot tall blubbering mess and gave him to me at the cleaning station and led me back to my wife

I thought I understood what it meant to love another person

And then - when he comes running at you yelling DADDY (or whatever he calls you)

this time of scared confusion, never goes away 😁,
            But it subsides, AND is all worth it

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Qwertywill It's awesome, and I know you're not really scared!! Exhilerated, breathless, excited--yes!! You gone be a DADDY!!!!!

Oh and great job on the grow. Better start collecting jars like I do. They fill fast. Just sometimes empty faster. Lol
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Thank you all! It's going to be a different life lol.

No more quiet Saturday AMs enjoying my coffee!

As for grows: I fully intend to keep going! Next ones after these will be dwc. I have the setup comming soon.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X