Qwerty's first grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qwerty's first grow.

So I will give a quick rundown on the most important factors of my grow.

Tent- 5x5x7 quictent
    2x mars hydro 144s
    1x 1200w blurple.
    7gal pots
    foxfarm soil
    technaflora nutrients.

Strain: Blue Hawaiian

So on Oct 17th a buddy dropped me off 4x plants. He gave me the mother, and 3 clones.

The clones were in rough shape. I have let then show signs of improvment before starting the manifolding.

I am just waiting for the top shoots to get a little longer so I can tie then down. I just finished the topping and removing all lower growth (minus a few fan leaves to see if it will help kick start. They will be removed in a few weeks)

The monther given to me wasnt topped or trained, I have been working on it for a while, slowly expanding its outward growth. I did some lst by tieing the main top down to get rid of its dominance. I had to clean up some leaves to prevent issues from arising (ie:wpm).

I have no issues going on right now, but its a start. Next time a picture is taken, it will be in real light and not leds.

First grow in over 12 years (Gorilla)

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Qwerty I can't see anything in that pink picture.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Next one i post will be using just the flash of the camera with leds off.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Qwerty

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a problem!

Well it's about time there, Will!
    Your plants are looking really good, at least under the blurpule, can tell ya been studying up!
    I once heard someone talk about earth worm castings being there go to, for sad plants, so I adopted it, and seems to work well. But looks like they are doin' lot's better.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill stick with technaflora and the ff for now see how it goes. With the worms, im just going to pick them all from my yard at night! I fish as well, so i always have some lol. Ill be using the two tote method and alternate them, have a tote on the bottom to catch the liquid.
      I definitly need to read more into it!

The bats, i dont think they would live here due to winter and the diseases that go along with them here... that white stuff on their nose is happening in the area... some fungus?

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      i dont think you can keep those greyish looking earthworms from your yard alive ina bin its very complicated in the end you will see and get half a pound of red wigglers! i did the same and now got 5 bins!

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenhouseEffect I'm making my first batch of supersoil when the weather gets a tad better and love the idea of using worms.

Can I just add a whole bunch to my soil when I mix it up and leave it?

Good luck with your first grow Qwertywill. I hope you'll find it just as fun, rewarding, and stress-relieving as many of us. Looks like you're off to a good start.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt! I check them once a day. Although I skipped the 3gal pots, i went from small containers (seedling ones) right to 7 gal, i water them daily with phed water. But only a small amount.... I want their roots to search for any water in the soil (seemed to have moisture when I put the soil in the pots)

I had the small containers ontop of the soil, little suckers were rooting into my 7gal... i am glad I lifted them daily to look to see if there were any roots! Lol

alltatup pic for you with no blurple! I shut off the lights and just used flash.

Took it just prior to some training. Appearently I missed a shoot. Should i just keep it and force it to be a third one?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      She is beautiful qwerty!!!!

Warning, this is a lights on picture. I will alternate between the two (lights on/off). If I run into issues I will post in solely natural light for assistance, but you can see the small ones (Clones) are coming along..... full stride now! Their mother is doing VERY well.... I seem to be training her every few days, taking out some leaves to allow more light through. I am trying not to take off too many, but enough that I can keep the steady growth going!

Running 1/2 strength Technaflora in F.F. Everything looks great thus far!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Clones.... You mean those little bushes on the left side?? They look awesome! They grew like crazy in 9 days. They must be so happy to be with you, you know, the way dogs and cats are when we rescue them from the wrong situation... ;-}

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      They were hurting! Yellow leaves and some brown. Trimmed the old dying leaves off, have already topped them once. But ya the little bushes!

As promised, I said I would upload pictures in normal light, I'm right for all but one (It's just to show size).

Does anyone know what the brown spots are on the one w/ coloured circles? I think I may have gotten some nutes on it while watering, Want to ensure it's nothing serious!
    Attached Files

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't, just do your best to keep her low, and boost the others up higher if you need to keep the canopy flat. No sense loosing any growth and yield from the mother plant, besides, it's the more established plants that tend to give you more bud anyway!
      Grow is looking awesome by the way!

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't worry. I think it's just that one leaf. Probably a couple of nute drops like you said. Looks like you're doing a nice job at the LST. Everything else looks amazing so far. Leaves don't look over watered and I don't notice any deficiencies. Very nice work for your first grow my friend.

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you both!

New pictures. non-led light!

Comment

A few pics. I had a single thripe on my plants (I asume there were more) sprayed and did my last training.

Letting them grow for another 2-3 weeks prior to the switch.

Enjoy the pics!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Magnificent and lush, qwerty!!! Gosh, your name is so easy to type!! ;-}

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Cant wait to flower and do the final weigh in!

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        Great work my friend! Nice and even canopy.

Just bought a Geeni for 40$ Cad. Now I can see my plants anytime I am out and about!

Comment

A photo from the camera... it dosnt show everything due to positioning. I need to purchase an extension cord for it to put it at the back of tent to face the door under the lights. But kinda cool. Im out and about when I took it..

Supposed night vision as well I will test out!

Comment

Night vision shot! had to move the fan up to prevent windburn even though it is facing away!

Comment

I appologize for the light being purple! But here is the current hight.

Along with 6 days of growth.

No problems thus far!

Comment

Keep in mind it is a 5x5 tent. It is full.

I have counted the approx amount of colas on each plant...

Total of 115... should be a great flower pending nothing goes wrong!

Comment

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                Very true, I may need to thin them out. Espeically the biggest one...

I may use some copper wire (plastic coating) to create spacers so there is significant airflow with significant holes (bends) for the plant to still grow.

The smaller ones seem to be good. But I worry avout the other. Lots of smaller ones poking through, as is if I had lef it go as is, it would be just one massive bud (minus the hugh risk of mold etc)

After the defoil I just did, I will be cutting the ones that are too small!

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't cut branches - pull them away from each other.

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutly will try!

Another update.

I have 9-10 days left in veg before I do the switch.

I know not all believe in defoilating. But I decided to give all the smaller colas additional light. It took me probably about 3 hours to fo a light defoilation.(lollipopping will be done just before I switch over to remove bud sites that will not produce as much)

The new picture has A LOT less leaves than the last pic of this am.... the plant CLOSEST to the camera is insane and took 1 hr alone to do. So leafy and SOO many bud sites! (Smaller, but soooo many!) I like to leave at least one leaf per cola.

So what you see is all colas. I do have a few that are dominant, i may supercrop them at the flip...

I cut off any bud sites that were clearly going to be popcorn buds (light starved)

Holy jebus, if all continues to go like it has been it will be a monster crop!

Have a blessed day!

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds good, but where's the pic???!!!???

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                I accedently forgot to include, but the next post has it!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X