Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

male and female seeds and others

need some info from the pros
    which is best for someone that is about to purchased seeds to start growing some weed
    please help with what is best for me to buy as iam a newbee
    ------------------------------------
    1-- seeds that produce both male and female plants.--- are these good to buy----- and --- when it starts to grow do i cut off the male plant OR NOT
    2- Feminized seeds ---are these good to start with ?
    3- autofflowering seeds
    need advise from the pros on these topics so i dont waste my money
    thanks for the input.

For a first grow, autoflowers, would be a great choice, have fun, with your new hobby, I guarantee you, growing is very addictive, in a fun way.
    HappyGrowing atony
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 says it best. 100% agreement . My $.02 - don't be cheap - buy good high quality seeds.

And for peace of mind - buy your seeds in the country you live in.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Out of those options, autos.
        Yes, regular seed are good to buy (but less friendly for a beginner). There are ways of growing to get better m-f ratios from regular seeds. Yes, feminized seeds are good too. They will be a bit easier to grow than regular seeds, but not as easy as autos will be.
        No, you don’t cut the male parts off... you either extract the pollin for breeding or you yank them out of your garden completely.
        The smallest learning curve is with the autos, the largest learning curve is with the regular seeds. They all have their advantages, but autos are the easiest.
        Starting from clone might actually be easier for a beginner than starting with a seed, but that’s assuming you have access to top shelf clones. Seeds might be better due to the location you are in.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hey atony,welcome to GWE and to the smelly sticky world of growing your own mary!

The founders of GWE have had many experiences with cannabis growing and have written greatly detailed guides about all the questions you asked.Read the Getting Started article and Growing Cannabis Basics for the basic info and then for your seeds you can take a look at Beginners Strains page that gives you an idea of how to choose a strain/seed. If you want to Buy Seeds there are many online shops,some of which we all use and others that are less known but still get the job done without problems.

Since you are growing,there are some things you will often read/hear about. The most common is Low Stress Training which allows you to pull and tie down your plant thus achieving bigger yields and easier handling of the canopy. You can also learn how to divide the power of the buds equally among them,reading the Topping Guides will help with that!!

I believe with these articles and the amazingly helpful family of GWE you will soon be stoked by your abilities! Don't be afraid to ask questions,create a grow journal to keep us updated on your grow and read,read,read.There is no better teachers than experience but you can still smoke a bowl and read other's experiences to get basic knowledge of what you should do.

About the Autoflowering or Photoperiod plants,as a newbie i would recommend Photoperiod plants because they have more time to recover from whatever you do to them,they veg as long as you like and in most cases,photoperiod plants grown in the same conditions as autoflower plants will yield more due to bigger flowering times and the lack of Ruderalis genetics in them.
          However if you do want to get autoflowers because they are faster (Unless you treat photoperiod plants with 12/12 from seed light schedule ) , there are autoflowers from Dinafem that have an XXL tag on their name.Those autoflowers do produce huge yields in comparison to their normal autoflower sisters. Decent yields and Potency are not treats of strains only,we are factor number 1 on the outcome of the plants .

Happy growing and keep it green buddy!
          Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
          600W

LED
          2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
          BioBizzLight Mix
          Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
          Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
          Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
          CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
          Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

For many years I used the seed from sacks, I could not get seed online or anywhere but the sacks/bags. They were mexican, but they grow nicely here. IF you already have these seed why not use them to learn with then go buy nice seed?!
            I now someone that claims he can tell male from female from hermi seed, he claims 90% females,, but I get better than 90% females just planting the seed. So he is gaining nothing and possibly tossing good seed, since seed is neither male nor female! Feminized seed will certainly produce more females, can produce hermis, or even males, depends greatly on conditions.
            Enjoy!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve grown Mexican brickweed seeds for years. It’s not “Mexican Sativa” anymore. They’re high yielding modern hybrids. Not like a bought seed but definitely healthy quality plants. If they didn’t harvest late. Cure in water. Pack in bricks. And carry it around under he sun for months. It would be a pretty good smoke. I’ve had 56 flowering days indicas from those seeds

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to wounder sometimes as I sent seed to the growers in Mexico some years back, could this be from my second line strain??
              Since we went medical, the Mexican is very different here, almost seedless, cant wait for the dispensaries to open! That may happen before Christmas.

Ok I agree with everybody, but Shotgun nailed it, get a fiber pot and good quality soil and light. Start reading all the basic hints, tips, and info available here. Female-autos are also the quickest way to be able to enjoy the fruits of your new, soon to be life long hobby.

Comment

Thanks for the info
              you all are Super helpful
              THANKS for all Info.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X