Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about my setup. (My first Dwc grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about my setup. (My first Dwc grow)

My Set up: 27x27x63 grow tent

2 300w Mars Hydro LED lights

2 4 inch inline fans 1 pulling in one pulling air out (have one on bottom and up top)

1 6 inch clip fan ( one the plant)

General Hydroponics 3 step nutes and use Hydroguard as well.

General Hydroponics PH Up and Down for adjusting and have PH and TDS Pens to check

5 Gallon bucket air pump and stone

Temperature at plant level stays steady at 40% humidity and and 77 degrees.However i have my lights set to 20 on 4 off and the temp generally drops to 72 degrees.

Also running ScrOG due to my limited height and have been following LBH's Scrog tutorial for that.

Genetics: Sour Diesel Feminized from Crop King Seeds

Current Status: 2nd week and topped when the fifth node hit about 1/2 inch and plan on topping one more time before flower.

Questions: My biggest worry is my lighting. Do i have enough for my grow space? And should i look at something different for my next grow?

What Kind of Yield can I maybe expect?

How far should i keep lights from plant? I started at 30 inches from seedling and havent adjusted.

PH is 6.7 and steady and plant looks good. I know optimal is 5.5 to 6.5 and plan on bringing down when i do a resevoir change here soon.
    Is this enough of a difference to worry about?

I appreciate any help or feedback and am open to answering any questions.

Thanks

Quick update i am only running one plant. Didnt think i had the space for any more then that. Which is why i decided to try Scrog and Got Feminized seeds.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      If your lights are the old model Mars300, those are nice lights,
      Don't know nothin about DWC though.
      Several folks use those old model Mars300, maybe they will chime in an help you.
      Your 6.7ph, should be ok, without havin to flush, but your next watering, you should go in with a 5.5ph, maybe that will get your ph, where you need it, 5.5-6.5, like you already know, especially since you said your plant is doing good.
      The reason I say go in with 5.5 is what Nebula says to do, and trust me she knows. GoodLuck
      GoodLuck JediKush
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-30-2018, 12:12 PM.

One plant is good for 2’by 2’space as long as u train her properly, and you got plenty of light,go with manufacturers recommend heights.im not a hydro guy but these are general basic rules to follow. I’m sure other’s with more information will chime in. Lol
    Last edited by Potted; 10-30-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Welcome, young Jedi...

Looks like you have it on point. DWC isn't difficult, try and get into a routine of checking pH of the bucket daily. That's one of the best indicators of troubles brewing. My nutes will buffer down to 5.5 when they are mixed and I will slowly raise the pH over the course of 7-10 days between rez changes. This allows the plant access to micronutrients locked at either end of that pH range(5.5-6.5). I started with a pair of the oriiginal Mars 300's. Mine pull about 125W each. Older, less efficient diodes like those used in these fixtures need roughly 50W/ sq ft of consumed energy to give you adequate light levels. If you can manage the heat load, I would use both during flower to get a better result.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I run two 300w Mars hydros in a similar space. I keep 4 bonsai mother plants that can push out approx.150 clones per month.
        The major issue I see with flowing with those is the 3w chips do not penetrate far down. You really need the 5w chips for flowering to yeild decent. HID lights will yeild higher than the two 300w MH.
        I would only expect a few ozs yeild.
        The humidity is a bit low, unless you are at the end of flower. Also the light up 30” is way to high for veg. I think mine are like 5-6” away from the canopy. You should lower it incrementally one day at a time and see how they react. A PH of 6.7 is getting up there. Try PH down to 5.5 then let it swing up to 6.5 before you drop it back down to 5.5 again.
        Feel free to ask about DWC here. Been doing it for years. Good luck on your current grow!!
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

JediKush ,can you post a picture of your plants? That might help alot.
          I'd be kinda scared to go closer than 18inches, until they are flowering, but that's just me,
          But can't really tell, till we see your plants, but you should be closer than 30inches, I believe, could be wrong , wouldn't be the first time either.
          But before I would listen to anyone, on GWE, myself included, I would read what Nebula says, about it.
          GoodLuck
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not just one strain, it happens every time,when we go lower than 18inches.

• JediKush
            JediKush commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the feedback and will get some pics up later today

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have 4 strains currently under these lights. None are bleached. I’ll send Picts next.

Hey guys thank you for the feedback so far i will posting a few pics here soon.

Comment

Here's a couple pics my trellis is is gonna be dropped lower after my next topping and light about 26 inches from top of plant.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking very nice JediKush, better to be safe than sorry, You could still bring it down an inch or so every couple of days, just be very careful, when you start getting close to 18-20 inches away.
              And good luck with your grow.

So mine is a 132 w (actual) it’s the old school white MH300 one. Tallest branch is 6” away from the light. There is 2 inside a space about 2’x2’.
            I have Dinafem white widow (back left), Dinafem critical plus (front left), and King Klone Blue-Line’s White Buffalo (front right). My Deep Cheese plant is usually in there too, but I am cutting her root ball for replant right now. So she is on the maintenance bench right now. Keep them alive for years like this.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow 6 inches? No your plants do not appear to be having any issues from the lights being to close. However that is not normally the case with most lights especially leds. You have to learn your lights which you apparently have. But I'd start at 18 to 24 inches and slowly lower it until you see any signs of light stress and then back it up some.

The most important thing is to learn YOUR plants, YOUR lights, and your setup. Never do exactly what someone else is doing when you are seeing problems.

Toker just realize that for almost all lights 6 inches is to close. It is working for you but you had to learn that from growing and testing yourself. When talking to others it's best for them to start at the far end of the manufacturer's recommendations and work your way closer. To say otherwise is just not the best advice.

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              So I understand that not everyone has the same light set up... but Jedi specifically mentions my almost exact set up. So I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
              My original suggestion was that 30” was too high for the lights and to incrementally bring them down slowly over time, inching them per day. I still stand by this advice.
              Not sure if that advice got lost in translation, but it all there in the previous posts.
              Now my first Mars 1200 (550 something actual draw) yeah, that needed 18” in my 4x4. That was like a nuke.

I'm sorry if I missed that mate. Yes 30 inches is way to far and your suggestion is right on the money.

I was just concerned that all they would hear is 6 inches. They may need to go that low but it's as you very well know a try and test try and test until you get it perfect. I'm just amazed still by your plants liking the light that close.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries. Yeah, when I first got them they surprised me too. I had them up way too high. Dropped them slowly. I never saw any negative effects. I have never gone any lower then that, and always wondered how far i could push it, but just have not had the courage to go below 6”. 😬

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X