Harvest Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Advise

So i started watching harvest videos cause i am really close to harvest within 7 days and i came across all these old videos about the final 48 hours leaving the plants in the dark to boost resin or thc But alot of misinformation and confusion and the only info on it is from 2009 to 2014.

Just thought i would ask about it on here sounds strange to me.

Some folks think it's a wives tale,lol
    But I dont. I do it every grow. But that's just me, pretty sure some will say it doesn't help, even if they never tried it,lol.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      My thought exactly DAAS69. I've been doing it since I don't know when.

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never not done,started out with it and still doing it..Not bothered with finding out either,it works with my timeline of drying the plant before chopping (Letting the soil go rock solid).I dont feed 2 days prior to dark sessions and they last 48hours. So thats 96 hours of no water.

Thanks for the reply i was confused a little just cause it was never talked about and i searched harvest videos before but all these old videos popped up i will most likely do it.

Comment

Im close to harvest will try that, if im drying in a cardboard box shall i point a fan towards the box the temps inside the box are between 17-19c?

Comment

I have tried the 36 hour dark period before harvest and I didn’t noticed any real change. In my opinion it’s a way to let the plant Mature for an extra two days without the ambering in the trichomes caused by light exposure and heat. This also allows the plant to use the energy already inside it and to dry out a bit before chopping. Definitely worth a try in your setup and climate to see if it works for you. Also the plant reaction to any “stress” is strain dependent. Meaning strains will react differently

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait isn’t that the “dark harvest challenge” point?

So allowing the 48 hour darkness prior to harvest ensures all the stored starches are used up. This will not boost resin production, but improves flavor profile.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes and some clear trichomes will continue to get cloudy but cloudy ones will not go amber as quickly as they would under lights for those two days

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          9fingerleafs, Don't want to argue. By any means, but that's not what I found out, lol
          Just the opposite,
          It takes more than a couple of grows before you can actually tell,
          Mine turn amber quicker in the dark, according to my eyes, an a few buddies, but our eyes are getting kinda old, lol
          Not that this makes any difference, but we wouldn't still be doing it , after a bunch of years, if it didn't help.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally believe you daas. Strains will react differently and every set up and climate also affects differently.

i used to give 48 hours darkness,its how i was taught. works out ok if you monocrop. since multi straining and its differing harvest times i dont anymore and thats ok too.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ell, I don't put mine in the dark always either, especially if they don't have many trichs to begin with.
          Some have lots of trichs, some dont.

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
        Yes and some clear trichomes will continue to get cloudy but cloudy ones will not go amber as quickly as they would under lights for those two days
        Thats splendid,i thought it goes same for them aswell!!!

Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
        600W

LED
        2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
        BioBizzLight Mix
        Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
        Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
        Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
        CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
        Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X