No announcement yet.

Seedsman is terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen this new420guys web site, but finally got around to googling it. Nobody's going to beat his prices without filing bankruptcy. https://sites.google.com/site/new420...ds/new-strains

Last edited by starramus; 10-26-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Bulk Seed Bank man,they kickass in better strains and ship thousands of them...

I personally never ordered from Seedsman. Mainly because of the hassles I’ll have with bitcoin. I have, however, recently ordered from this New420Guy. I kept hearing of how great this guy Paul is and how much he loves to talk and give detailed explanations and such. Well, I decided to call them and give it a shot. I talked to Paul, but my experience with this guy was far from pleasant. Awkward would be a better word to describe our conversation. I would ask the guy several questions about their strains and some particular strains in general. There would be this long silence followed by “ummm yea” followed by a very brief reply and more awkward silence. I then told him I was referred by an online friend of mine from a cannabis forum. His reply, “mmm no I don’t know who that is”. I went on about how people say he’s a cool guy and such. His reply, “that’s cool”. There was more awkward silence. I then ask him a few more questions about the strains on his site with same short replies. I ended the call soon after that. I’m sure he was in a better mood with many of you who say he’s a nice guy and loves to chat. However, in MY case, the guy made me feel like I was some FBI agent out to get him or something lol.

Still, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered a couple of photo feminized seeds. I got them pretty fast, since I live in the same State as them. Nice little black package with a shiny label with a couple of free stickers. Things are looking ok so far. Then I take out my loupe and check the seeds out. One looks fine, but the other looks a bit smaller (hmmm #1). Still, I soak them in R.O. water. The good one sinks, the other stays afloat (hmmm #2). Still, I plant them both. One cracked and sprouted. I waited weeks for the other, but nothing happened. It turned out to be a bad seed (hmmm #3). Again, this is just my experience with these guys. Maybe he was in a bad mood when we spoke, I don’t know. Maybe his autos are much better than his photos? I don’t know. Still, for a first time customer I wasn’t impressed with anything from this seed bank from the start. Honestly, I wouldn’t have cared if he was a total ass to me, but the bad seed was enough to turn me off and I decide not to buy from this guy again.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus lol I have no idea. I'm not familiar with any sorts of alchemy.

You're welcome.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannabliss, I hate you had a bad experience, all mine have sprouted an grown good, yes he is a nice guy. If you talk to him again ask him to show you his garden, he knows how to grow.
      Call him, I'm sure he will send your 3bucks back, lol
      If you grow long enough, your gonna get a few bad seed from all of them, I've gotten seeds from plenty of seedbanks that didn't sprout, but BonzaSeeds wins the prise for bad seeds, imo.You might get 4 out of 10 that geminates, but if you ordered autos, your probably gonna get photos for sure.
      Hate you had a bad experience though.
      Hes just a man trying to get his new business going, he might have had a bad day. I don't mind one bit trying to help a new seed business, get going.
      I just ordered from Sos, an Oregon elite seeds, today, but my next one in a couple of weeks is gonna be to get some more HeadBangerauto an Some more WhiteMoscoeautos an BlueHaze from Paul, and a couple of more tshirts, he has some nice tshirts, but they are more than 3dollars though, lol
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-27-2018, 12:18 AM.

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 Thanks man, but when too many things go wrong all at once, it raises suspicion on my part. As I mentioned above, this wasn’t about the money. Never was. Hence the reason I didn’t call him back to complain. I don’t know why he sounded so “reserved” when I spoke with him, but whatever, that wasn’t my main concern either. But when you combine it all together, it just doesn’t truly inspire me to go back for seconds. I’m sure once he gets to know you, he’s a nice guy. I’m glad things went well with you and Paul. It just wasn’t the case with me. Calling him back isn't really going to solve anything imo. I'm not trying to create a friendship with the guy. I just wanted some info and a couple of good beans. Who knows; maybe the remaining plant will change my mind in the end. We'll see.

Ill keep ya posted on my grow toker. I have 2 new guy seeds going atm. So far this has been the best results from bought seeds for me. I've been lucky up till recently that I've never needed seeds.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      So if you buy 10 seeds... stable genetics will produce 2-3 phenotypes. If the guy is selling unstable seeds 10 out of 10 seeds can all be different even if they are from the same mother plant in the same harvest.
      Since he is not listing any breeders on his website, I assume he is the breeder himself.
      What strain did you purchase?

Tie dye and jack herer

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The tie dye I am not familiar with and Jack H. Is a funny strain with at least 4 known phenotypes. So you would need about 8 seeds grown side by side to tell if the seeds are is stable for that particular one. :-/

I stand in a weird place with this matter..I first believed in GreenHouse about 10 years ago and i left them very quick only to go back for a single strain. I then decided to venture into autos and i went straight for Fastbuds which has only let me down once (a mini LSD25 plant with 7g only) out of 10 seeds... Im now going back to them to test more strains and after that i want to try some barneys,for the sake of having grown their genetics...I would't order from 420anyguy,it's just a guy trying to make tens of strains!! One Love Genetics barely has google results so im guessing they are also tiny in manpower...

If you want to buy seeds from a site in EU that has mostly every other breeder and their own try zamnesia,try oaseeds or marysseeds ..Not rhino seeds they are very expensive and parrot seeds is kinda like 2 people running an office with seeds...

The choices are infinite in this moment in history....
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus Yeah i was very annoyed by them also...I still have 13 Church seeds dunno what to do with them...Its a good smoke n all but...Fastbuds is better :P

DAAS you wonna talk to the person in charge of FastBuds? Or in general?
      Fastbuds is more than ok for me,every time i think of an auto i think of them and they are all very potent and have a nice variety. Nothing over the top extreme about them..

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not complaining at all about Fastbuds, they are ok, just not the best imo.
      You will get bad seeds from all the seedbanks ,every now an then, that's normal, an I sure as hell, don't complain about 1seed, that's a joke,
      Only reason, I got seeds from New420Guy, is to give him a try, always room for another place to get seeds, if they grow ok, and all of mine have grown just fine, I might have just been lucky, idk, but I doubt it.
      Not affiliated with Paul, at all, either, I would just like to see him do good in his business.
      Plenty of folks on Autoflower.net, growing his seeds, an having good luck.
      But like I said, your gonna get a few bad seeds if you grow long enough, from all of them, FastBuds included, SweetSeeds too, even Nirvana, I've got some that wouldn't germinate, but I must not be as good at it as you are. Maybe one day.lol

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Baah i believe it's the rooters man..Just put them point down in organic rooters that you soaked in 5.8 ph water for 30 min and put them in a humidity dome until node 2. Then in 25L pots and i think im sorted lol...

I don't complain about 2 or 3 (or in my case 4) seeds that hermied,im just putting my money elsewhere in the future..

Sorry desertdan for your aggravation. My one experience with Seedsman was excellent and delivery, super fast. I SENT THEM A CHECK. Thought that would add 2 weeks or more but the order couldn't have come any faster (considering that it was shipped from overseas) or correctly and all my seeds grew into nice plants. Of course, you now make me wonder about placing another order with them.

Crow

Comment

Some very interesting opinions. And some very in depth
      convo on the whole seed purchasing saga. I like how each of us have had issues and great deals with all sorts of different companys. And i agree with others comments that a cup winner or other alleged champion seed isn't all that it's not cracked up to b imo

Comment

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Well there is a reason the GG4 is the "champion" and bred in various strains because it reaches as high as 33% thc in a competition and thats why everyone is now either growing a GG or Breeding it in other strains for example Gorilla Cake someone is growing on the forum...

It doesn't really mean anything,for me it actually happens that i see the awards/cups won by them when the parcel arrives if it says anything on the seed pack...otherwise im not really bothered with anything besides height,thc%,genetics.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        GG4 by Fastbuds is in my last Seedsman order which appears to be lost in the ozone. Was hoping to try out this strain in a winter grow in the basement. I've got my fingers crossed for a resend in November. Definitely going to change the name, and address for the resend. I can't believe customs would be stupid enough not to have a data base.

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Im popping one myself starramus

I hope this is not considered thread jacking,, I am looking at places to buy seed myself, and reading this great thread. Now that it is legal in my state, I am researching where to buy what. I see some very wild claims of high THC levels. Like 45% to 60% THC, then I find many complaints on these seed not making what they claim (about 28%). I have also read somewhere a geneticist posted these high THC levels are not even possible.
      What I myself want, to get started anyway for spinal pain is Cataract Kush (Hybrid) day time use, and Mazar I Sharif (Indica) for insomnia and pain. And then I want something for those days I just want to kick back and enjoy. One of those extremely high THC low CBD types would fit this bill. But my fear is they are all hype,,,
      So, has anyone here tried any of these, and tested it after grow to see if it gets anywhere close to the claims made?

Comment

• Ell
        Ell commented
        Editing a comment
        look at your plant. you think 1/4 or 1/3 is thc ? i don't .

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        starramus I could see getting close to 30%

Ell That is what I see, no way they will ever be that high in oils, but the claims are out there and some claim lab tests as well

Nartak I will be watching for that post!

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise the claimed % of THC is ~% .Meaning it can reach up until X% they say,under perfect conditions of life.

The post is the "Fruit Punch" one in my signature.I just popped them yesterday!!

I get new seeds every season. I have NEVER had any issues with Seedsupreme, from England, Nirvana from Amsterdam and BC Seedking from Canada. This is in about a 10 year span.

Comment

I know I have not been growing as long as 90% of you.. I only grow because of my wife, and laugh if you want, but I don't even smoke it. I do like the vape form, but can't smoke like I did when I was younger. I'm trying to grow stuff for her so she can get to try different strains, and find one that really helps her. So far her FAVORITE is Blackberry and Jack Herer. I'm NOT affiliated with 420guy in any way, shape or form, but as D.A.A.S.69 mentioned, he answered every e mail I sent him, and even sent me replacement seeds without hesitation.. I'm actually impressed so far with him.. On the left is a Berry Bomb PHOTO plant from him, on the right is a AUTO Girlscout Cookie from FAST SEEDS... Both plants were started on the exact same day ( 10/02/2018) and as you can clearly see his photo seed is out growing my Auto! Hell. My wife topped the Berry Bomb 2 days ago. Never mind the buggered up leaf or two on it, damn weed kitty nibbled on it. I might be wrong, but I'm impressed when a photo is growing FASTER than an AUTOFLOWER.

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey I don't smoke much either. I'll grab an intense Sativa high on occasion just to try it out. I'm naturally too psychoactive.

That's the Thai, and Purple Thai in your Berry Bomb showing their stuff. My Blueberry plants get to well over 6 feet in height. GSC is a shorty at around 30".

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pyro1711, looking very nice, keep up the good job.

"I'm trying to grow stuff for her so she can get to try different strains, and find one that really helps her.", Pyro1711

Essentially I grow for my wife's pain medication needs, and a remedy for her insomnia. Also her stoner friend (pretty much a live in maid) smokes more than anyone. I'm kinda the "Cosby" around here only difference is my female victims know they are being drugged!

I have picked up a few sub ohm vapes specifically Magnetos to try out shatter which I have procured recently. Thanks to RosettaStoned for edjumicatin me on the subject..
        Last edited by starramus; 10-27-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Blueberry is next on my list! And I want to get a lemon also...we got some in vegas lemon pie or something and I was shocked at how it smelled. One of these days I'll figure out how to make my own vape liquid...then I'll be happy!

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Incidentally Blueberry is one of Seedsman's best strains. Their Jack Herer is good as well. They offer the two of these as freebies very often..

• Nartak
            Nartak commented
            Editing a comment
            Berry bomb is also good and Bomb Seeds is well known for their strains! It has a photo and an auto version,i grew the auto and it was amazingly sweet and sedative,hip and knee pains gone in 5 mins

My card got charged again after my order. Only had a few bucks on the pre paid card so got lucky
          640 watt hlg quantum board
          320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
          300 watt mars hydro sp3000
          150 watt hlg quantum board
          100 watt spider farmer led x2
          organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
          Water only i don't check ph
          6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            that is certainly an ominous event. You should contact the card company, and dispute the charge.

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            I did but i was suppose to call back and never did lol

SeedSupreme.com is excellent and also gives a big bitcoin discount. Huge selection of seeds.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Im new here and about to start my first grow! Only ordered seeds once so far and they are Northern Light from Nirvana. I called my bank first before using my cc and had no problems with the transaction. They shipped two days later and I received my seeds in about two weeks from Amsterdam (I’m in South Carolina). That may not be the norm but I’ll continue to order from them until they give me reason not to. Just wanted to share! Thanks to everyone for contributing to this awesome community!
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-not-screw-up

Comment

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              Nartak, At that time I was using 1 Vipraspectra 450 for flower and T5's for veg. 18/6. Just bought another 450 and am now running T5's for veg. and both 450's for flower. 24/7.
              Last edited by uncledoug; 10-30-2018, 12:55 PM.

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69, I just ordered some NL from Paul, not sure when I'll grow them with all the seeds I have lol. at least 2 years worth. Hoping NY goes legal soon and I can grow outside in the summer.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              uncledoug, I hope you get legal, up there, soon, being an outlaw, gets old, trust me.lol
              I hope you have good luck with your NLights seeds, too.
              Ps down here we got a long ways to go, before we are legal, even though, we were one of the first states to decriminalize it, which is a joke, you get caught with a joint down here, You go straight to the jailhouse, and very quickly,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X