Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Height restriction concerns/ questions... advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Height restriction concerns/ questions... advice please?

Hello all, lately I've been concerned about the tops of one of my plants and the fact that I've now moved my LED light to the very top of my tent (There's no more height to work with!). The tips of my leaves near the top are slightly yellow/discoloured. So, what should I do? I'm thinking about just tieing the plant so that its going to the top corner of my tent, but then that part of the plant won't be getting much light (if any, as it will actually be above the light itself). Does the bud part of the plant need direct light? Or will the light on the leaves below give the buds what they need. I'd say that the top of the plant to the light is at about 10" (Pictures have been attached). How much more height should I expect before I need to harvest? The fact that one plant is so much higher than the others has kind of thrown the height of the light for the rest of the group.

My light is a 1200w Morsen LED. The strain is an auto flowering NYC Diesel.

In hindsight I should have probably done more super-cropping methods. I never topped these. I didn't want to do a whole lot as this is my first grow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, if you have any other comments or advice related to any other problems you may see in the following pictures - I'm always open to suggestions.

Thank you!

If interested... other posts of mine include:
    Good day all, I'm currently looking into mending my own super soil based on the instructions from the site here (http://www.growweedeasy.com/organic-super

It is not to late to bend it over. Gently pinch the stems between your finger and your thumb to you soften it, and leaner over.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

agre with mrF, not too late to tie down, you can keep pulling down the branch every few days after it starts to turn facing the light again. i just wanna say, ive had thin leaves like that before in one sativa plant, was one foot tall when i flipped and grew another 5 feet during flowering, never stopped growing, i took her down at 11 weeks with no idea how much longer it needed, i wanna say at least another 8 weeks

Comment

I agree with these guys pick a spot to gently crush the stem to where you can lay the top in the direction you want, and at a height that will bring it level with the other buds. You got this bro!

Comment

Supercroping is the practice of gently rolling or crushing without braking the skin of a branch till it’s flexible enough to lay down, easy😁

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. I just attempted to bend the branch back gently. Initially I thought it may be to woody but it did have some flexibility. Even though I was very gentle the skin to did partially split (vertically). I bent it to where I think would be good and used small pieces of duct tape to "band-aid" where the skin cracked open. I've seen others use duct tape before, do you take it off once healed or leave it on indefinitely?? I also used some green twine to give it some more vertical support. (Pictures below). I assume that if the leaves don't die in the next few days - it was a success.

Fingers crossed that it works out! I was definitely nervous doing it... especially since this specific branch has the most buds.

Comment

you can take the duct tape off in a couple of weeks or just leave it theres not much difference

Comment

• CaptPicard
                CaptPicard commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks 9fingerleafs! Good to know!

Excellent work! I had to do the same thing this grow at 6 weeks in shes a sativa clone ive grown twice via cloning and this time she took of in crazy direction lol
              Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Aside from the good plant advice above..you can attack the problem from the other end too. Can't see the hangers you use, but if they are the traditional SS wire ones..try replacing them with DIY shorter cables (zip ties in a pinch)..you can save almost 1 foot this way.

Comment

• CaptPicard
                  CaptPicard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Buzzer777, definitely another way to get a bit extra. Great out of the box thinking. I do like using the cables that were provided with the light, but I will definitely keep this idea in mind though. If I can get a foot it may be worth it, I haven't actually measured it. I'm a bit of a worry worm - so the thought of the light falling makes me very nervous.

CaptPicard You could always fashion one with a Stainless picture hanging kit from HD or Lowes. Some of those can hold 100lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptPicard View Post
                  Thank you all for the advice. I just attempted to bend the branch back gently. Initially I thought it may be to woody but it did have some flexibility. Even though I was very gentle the skin to did partially split (vertically). I bent it to where I think would be good and used small pieces of duct tape to "band-aid" where the skin cracked open. I've seen others use duct tape before, do you take it off once healed or leave it on indefinitely?? I also used some green twine to give it some more vertical support. (Pictures below). I assume that if the leaves don't die in the next few days - it was a success.

Fingers crossed that it works out! I was definitely nervous doing it... especially since this specific branch has the most buds.
                  My preference here would be black electrical tape since it is pretty stretchy..Just another way. (I keep a roll of it handy ..LOL)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X