Clones producing hairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones producing hairs

It seems all my mothers are growing little hairs. I think it's because the power went out of half a day last week. Should I take clones now or wait to try and reverse bloom trigger?

You need more light Lobabe. Your plants are stretching too much.

Comment

kingfish is right, and i think what you are seeing are called stipules, your mothers are arite (:

Comment

I have one veg light.. can I bring them closer to the light? They're about 8 to 12 in away

Comment

yes thats a t5 or t8?? either way, as long as they dont touch the bulb anywhere up to 2 inches away its fine. try 4 inches and see how they react

Comment

Yeah its T8. But one light out of the 4 is faulty.

Comment

Half day of power out will not trigger bloom like that. Takes longer than that to produce the proper hormones. The hairs are most likely preflowers. In this case, they are all good as well.
              Lastly, yes...the compact florescent is too far from the plants. They are streatching towards more usable light. I keep mine a few inches from the canopy.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

So I took clones from the mothers.. And this is what they look like.
                Is this a problem?
                Just wanted to make sure. And I did put them closer to the light. The mothers, that is.

Comment

They look great

Comment

I had this same question on my plant a few weeks ago but as it was identified here and thru several photos in books, this is an identifier that these are in fact female. I vegged another 2 + weeks and decided to change the light cycle and within about 7 days, they started to bud up and that look was even better in my view

Comment

After 4 weeks or so of Veg growth, plants will usually show their sex, so when clones are taken, they usually show it too. The hairs coming from the nodes just mean it’s female 🙂
                      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Oh yay. Thanks guys.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X