Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying in high humidity..

How can I dry in high humidity?

Simply put you can’t unless you can use some kind of large silica packs perhaps, why ? Can’t you use a dehumidifier of some sort for a while. I have often had to resort to using the large silica packs sometimes seven or eight at a time.

Comment

• iGrow420710
      iGrow420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      passive intake 6 inch duct (unfortunately its below the carbon filter)
      6 inch hyperfan with speed controller

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      So you can match fan speed for correct airflow it seems. Hmmm. Is your tent in a room which is being dehumidifier and ac controlled or are you trying to dehumidifier idify the tent with an internal device.?

• iGrow420710
      iGrow420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grow tent in bedroom. No ac. Tried DH in the tent temps go crazy high during night and day and tried DH at intake duct not much difference...

how high???

Comment

• iGrow420710
      iGrow420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      60-70% at present

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      thats not too high, maybe wet trim and a drying rack will be enough to be safe

https://www.growweedeasy.com/drying-...cut-down-plant

iGrow420710
    overthinking it can cause you lots of problems that's my best advice to you. when your plants are ready to harvest it must be done there's always away.

my best suggestion if you think it's too high ( above 60 ) is to trim all your fan leaf, trim all your sugar leaves also known as wet trim, and even go as far as cutting all your buds down to Bud size and putting on a drying rack, the smaller the buds the faster they dry.

but don't overdo it and overthink it you have time because you'll be checking on them as often if not more than you checked on your plants.. I personally would recommend cutting individual branches and removing the fan leaves for your first 12 hours.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      You got this bro.

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a consummate over thinker mr furley, thanks for posting the Gwe site for curing and drying. I wish hi. Well with your not over thinking it advice.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome.

There are some of us who live in temperate marine climates (think Seattle) and in winter the RH (Relative Humidity) might never drop below 100% for weeks on end.

I jist cut and hang, with most shade leaves removed, and wait about 7-10 days before trimming. Then I will leave the nugs out on a tray for another day or two before bagging.

You are fine just make sure you add EXTRA air flow and take extra time. It may be 10-12 days of drying before you can actually toke some or store it away.

Might have to bring it in the house or commandeer the spare bathroom for drying purposes. But your house should be 70%rh or below, which is fine.

The other tricks about trimming will help too, if you are worried about mold. Trim and separate before drying; this will speed things up.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      KingKush has it right - I dry in the Pacific Northwest and have them hanging in the closet with a fan moving the air around the room.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess the PNW and the Smoky Mountains share the same climate. It's usually over 70%RH all the time. I do a wet trim and hang in a well-ventilated room. Usually, 7-10 days lets me jar them up for a cure.

Okay! Drying conditions are 24C with 50% humidity using a humidifier to bring it up to about 60% for a slow dry.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X