Near end of flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near end of flower

Coming towards end of flower currently flushing. I am getting foxtailing everywhere is this normal? How do i proceed i dont fully understand if i should leave plants for 24 or 48 hours of darkness before harvest.. or when to stop watering.. or how to harvest and dry ... or cure... first time... any advice you guys can throw at me please pls go for it.

Fox tailing is usually due to heat/light stress. It’s also a genetic thing as well.
    I give them the last water 3-4 days before the chop. 48 hours of darkness. Then just follow this as closely as possible.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

themethod.txt Here is an easy way to nail the cure using hygrometers.
      Attached Files
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I agree with Toker, foxtailing is usually caused by heat stress but can also be a trait of the strain. If the trics are milky, I just water only for at least a week and then chop. I don't do the darkness thing and just wet trim and hang to dry. Once they have achieved around 60%RH, I jar and cure from there.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

dont you worry much, check the harvest section on the main site. no matter what people say and the recipes they come up with, you gotta figure out what works for you and your climate. overtime you develop the skill to judge moisture by touch and with a lot of practice the curing starts to improve from one grow to the next. thats why people say its an art, very delicate process and very environment dependent. so give it a try and dont try to rush it (:

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice response here 9fingerleafs. If you're flushing and temps are high you could be burning off terpenes but you'll still have good smoke. Some strains do it naturally and there's some pics of healthy and unhealthy foxtailing if you look it up on the main site. But I wouldn't worry too much since you'll be harvesting soon. Always go by the trichs 😉.

Thanks guys for all the help.

I have temps about 18-22 and humidity at about 50-65% will this be okay for drying?
        SHould i cut branches and hang in a V shape or single stems or whole plant...
        Last edited by iGrow420710; 10-10-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          50 would be great.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Temps look good for drying. 65 is too humid. I would consider a dehumidifier. You want 45-55 RH to dry.
          Since you are a bit on the humid side, I would not hang the entire plant. Separate the branches to allow better airflow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X