No announcement yet.

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week was a walk in the park. Just feed them a gallon a day of solution and they are happy. I have noticed they like that I have stopped tucking and training. They are stretching but not as fast as I would like to see. I think the trellis is useless. No trimming at all this week and they are happy with that too. Seems like they stop stretching if I trim anything. So I am probably going to remove the trellis and let them do their thing. I definalely let them Veg way too long. So now they are bushy little munsters and I dont think there is anything I can do about that now. They are definately showing off their Indica Phenotypes right now. Hope to see a little more of the sativa characteristics soon. Like to see some daytime meds but either way I am stoked they are flowering and smell great when I open the box. Stoked with how they have turned out, but I will not let them veg that long again. Lol.
    Last edited by Sallisawjim; 12-23-2018, 01:36 AM.
    The grass ain’t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
    🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SSJ, they look stunning, absolutely stunning. Clearly though, the Indica genetics are dominant. I don't think you're going to see too much stretch. The buds are gorgeous and I can see the little trichomes beginning to emerge.

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Alltatup!!! Look at my newest post!!! 6 inches in 2 days!!!!!! Worried though I have 72 budsites and they are all growing healthy. I dont think I have that much room. I think I am going to lollipop them but not sure this far into flower. I started 12/12 on the first day of December. Got any advice you could throw my way by chance?
      Merry Christmas!!!!!

So these gals are stretching out finally and I have way more budsites than I anticipated. I think I need to lollypopthese girls now they have some height. Probably wait until Saturday. Drinking up a gallon and a half now. I need to get more nutes. Just popped the top on my last 3 quarts of the flora trio. Will get them this week after Christmas. Does anyone have experience with jungle trimming this late in flower????

Merry Christmas!!!! 🎅
    🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Merry Christmas, SSJ: What week are you in? If you can get in there and just trim the bottom totally in the shade, that should help... You want the energy to go to the bud sites in the light.

I am on week 13 from seed. But week 4ish of flower. December first I switched lights to 12/12 but they didnt care. Couldnt even notice anything until the 8th so 3ish to 4ish is the flowering week.

Hope everyone has a safe warm and Merry Christnas surrounded by love and segregated from NegVibes!!!!!
    Last edited by Sallisawjim; 12-25-2018, 02:20 PM.
    🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Whelp it's done... 😐😐😐😟😨🤯 I trimmed up Raelynn. She seems to be about 2bdays ahead of Raeline so wanted to see how she reacted before I just go all out on both of my girls... (She is still bushy as hell though...)
      Last edited by Sallisawjim; 12-26-2018, 02:52 AM.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh. Wow. They look so good. Here's a quote from Nebula's "Flower Defoliation" tutorial:

"From week 3 and on, I only remove leaves if they're covering a bud site (and I can't tuck the leaf away) or if the plant starts getting too bushy through the middle and bottom. Each leaf provides energy to the plant, and I cherish them… unless they get in the way! 🙂"
        by Nebula Haze Introduction to Bud-Based Defoliation What is cannabis defoliation, and why/how does removing leaves from a cannabis plant increase yields?

So I think with all that lush growth, you'll be safe removing fan leaves that cover big bud sites. Keep doin what you're doin!!!

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup I agree. You cant even tell I did anything to them today!!! Just as perky as ever. Makes me wonder if I should have done this a few weeks ago. Lol. Love your growboxes. I have a growbox design that I am working on that is not a far shot off from what you have going on. Lol. When I get it finished I will tag you in it. For sure.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Sallisawjim I wish I had the know-how to put a grow box together, but I don't... I really can't wait to see yours.

Whelp.... I followed Nebulas tutorial on Flower Defoliation and since I am right at the point of no return considering heavy defol, I just dove in and did it. Nebula and Sirus have never steered me wrong so off the diving board I went. Lol. I will add that in doing this heavy defol, I feel like I have a better understanding of their structure and physiology and how they grow. I think I should have done this a few weeks ago, but at least they are mature to the point that they can handle it. Not just light plucking here and there when they need it. I think they look much healthier also. Happy with the results.

You can see that Raelynn is the farthest along in the pics....
      Last edited by Sallisawjim; 12-27-2018, 02:49 AM.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job, SSJ! There's an old saying--a chicken in every pot--, but we say, "Air flow around every cola"!!! They look like they can breathe a lot easier now.

Seems strange, but they stretched like crazy last night. There are preflower forming all the way down the branches now. Seeing real progress. These girls didnt even blink at all the carnage from the past couple days. Wow.
      Last edited by Sallisawjim; 12-28-2018, 03:26 AM.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They really did stretch, didn't they? Look at the main trunks on them: they're massive.

STRETCH!!!! They are stretching and drinking. I didn't even get a stall from that heavy defol Sunday. They just kept right on trucking along. Preflowers/pistols look to have a purplish tint on Raeline. Raelynn has creamy ones. Interested to see this showdown in Flower mode! Raeline is growing up and Raelynn is growing out. They are hungry that's for sure. I finally got my EC pen in and have their EC set right.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you 9fingerleafs.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes indeed, they continue to stretch!!! Amazing.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Alltatup.

Still stretching!!!
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just keep your eye down below, make sure there's good air circulation, no wet leaves sticking to each other and no buds touching each other; last thing you want is bud rot!!

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes ma'am. I have been and I also have been watching for any water drops or wet leaves when I am poking around in the box every day a couple times a day. These secondary popcorn nuggets are starting to have to be moved around every day now. Keep popping up through the canopy. I counted earlier. I have 62 flowers popping up and every one looks good. Keep getting bigger and bigger every day. They are still stretching. Crazy. Figured they would be done by now. Had to almost supercrop a few branches but figured out if I just tie them towards the outside I will be okay but then now I dont jave ang more room around the edges and the centermost flowers are starting to crawl their way up over the rest of the canopy again. Endless battle. I think they just like the attention. Lol

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, now that I think about it, something similar happened to me on my last grow. The Blue OG kept stretching and stretching far beyond the 3 week stretch. I think it must have to do with some bit of Sativa in her genetics...???

And can you please post a picture of the whole box? I want to see the complete effect!! These girls are quite interesting; I remember when they were little rug rats...

Here are the latest pics. Alltatup, I did the best I could to get the whole box. They are STILL stretching. Wow. I know it looks like the one on the left needs more done, just but I just have a branch bent down there. But it did get less trimming than the other. Just for experimental and learning purposes. I also see that this one has way bigger bugs than the one lollipoped on the right.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They are so amazing, really and truly. They really love you and your green thumb. Soooo beautiful.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking fantastic my friend nothin to do but wait

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much. I am pretty excited. One of my mains is 7 inches long and they are still covered with white hairs. Pretty excited about them. I am doing a water change tonight. I will update shortly after.

Soooooo, I know it's been some days since I checked in. I have been slammed. Starting up a new business!!! Got my cultivators license in Oklahoma!!!! Yay.

I ended up changing my light for the XML 350 from Advanced LED based close to me. My light didnt jave enough red for my babies so I switched. They are happier now. Starting to fatten up nicely. Most of these flowers you see are just the tops of 8 and 9 inch long colas. Imagine my surprise when I seen all that!!!! Wow. They are drinking about 2.5 gallons a day and are going strong!!! 👽🌱👽

Huge thank you to everyone on here for all the advice and direction. I couldnt be happier with my girls!
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey SSJ, A BIG CONGRATS on getting your license!!!!!!!

The girls are soooo strong!!! You are a natural.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        congratulations, good luck, and nice bush

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I am excited!!!

Super cool week Chilling with the ladies. They were my comfort this week during the storm. They are doing their thing for sure. I am mostly worried about keeping them separated. Starting to have to tie more and more away from each other. Their growth is crazy. I think they are done shooting out new leaves. Seems like the canopy is starting to thin out a little and now I am able to see which buds need to be tied where to keep them from sticking to the ether. Super sticky. Super smelly. I can only imagine what they are gonna taste like after my cure. Think they are coming along nicely. Was definately a great idea to switch lights. They love the blurple light.

Giant Thank you to all that has helped my first grow be so successful up to this point. Really happy I found this community... Hope everything is going alrite and their ladies are good....
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SSJ, they are turning into young ladies!! The colas are amazing: I love that side shot. This is so good that they are churning out the good aromas!!!!! STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! You are a Cannabis whisperer, SSJ: for real.

Well, they are definately going through some changes. They have not been as thirsty. Only 2 gallons so far this week.buds are getting fatter and sticky as hell. Smells AMAZING!!! Also looks like their buds are turning purple. That's strange and unexpected. Not mad about it at all, just didnt expect purple. I know DinaFem has Purple Moby Dick but these girls are supposed to be original Moby Dick. Kinda wanna hit up Seeds Supreme and inquire. But I am totally happy with them so no bother. The clippings I took are rooting nicely. ( I used some cloning gel on some of the clippings and tried cloning) Dont have room for them here so they are at a safe place for now. Couldnt believe it. Now I have 12 little babies!!! Sorry I am droning on and on. That Purple God Bud does its thing niocely... lol 👽🌱🌱🌱
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. What kind of vape do you use? I have a desktop classic volcano. Like how smooth it makes even the harshest hitting crap they pass as top shelf somehow. Hopefully I will be able to cure it properly and get some GOOD medicine!!!!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Sallisawjim I have a Ghost MV1 since September, and I'm completely in love with it. I think its ability to extract the good stuff is incredible. And it has a heat sink that totally cools the vapor.

And I wanted to let you know: I kept thinking about your grow and what you went through before your plants bounced back and then took off like rockets. And it really helped me to be patient and keep faith in my girls when they were struggling. It's so funny how what goes around comes around: I am learning a lot from your grow!!! They are truly amazing-looking plants. I will do some defol. to open up the interior of each plant, but I see how your plants have thrived on keeping all their leaves, so I'm not going to do as much as I did last grow.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. That's awesome. I am gonna try one of those. And thank you for the kind words. I feel humbled.

So... got my Ghost MV1 Bold Black Chrome shipping. It will be here Friday!!!! Sweet. Thanks Alltatup. The girls are almost at the home stretch but not quite!!!! Still cloudy. No amber yet. Just waiting until they decide it is time....
      Attached Files
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

SSJ Here's what you want to be able to see (I can't take pictures, but I can see this through my loupe). The triches are nowhere near as big as in this picture, but the view is nice and clear. I personally have to look around a lot--my eyes aren't what they used to be--, but my loupe lets me see what I need to.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Nervous wreck. Due to some unforseen circumstances I had to move my babies! 🤯😨 I went and bought a nice 5x5 tent and transported them to their new home for the next week. Worried. Freezing temps. Light interruptions. Environment change. Wow I am stressed out. Hope they dont get too mad at me.
        🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          SSJ, Are they all moved in? Are they just staying for a week??

I hope they will be fine. It is stressful, but it actually doesn't sound as stressful as some scenarios.

• Sallisawjim
          Sallisawjim commented
          Editing a comment
          They are set up and doing okay. I set up their new home before moving so they went straight to their new temp home. I like the tent. It is a 5x5 growlab. Nice zippers and thicker than you would think for the price! They have way more room and I think the extra airflow couldnt possibly hurt them. Fingers crossed.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good girls!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X