No announcement yet.

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power is up and all is well. Tornadoes tore stuff up all around us though. It was bad.
    The grass ainโ€™t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Okay, flowering as of today, 12/1/18. Trimmed them up and changed the reservoir and set the timer. Also did a quick run through to ensure I have no light leaks. I am good to go I think.

Vegitation is sooo thick. So many budsite. Crazy...
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        All I know is, it's gonna be a forest of colas: like bamboo... ;-} You've done so well!!!

Just check for moisture between leaves overlaying each other. As you know, you don't really want leaf on leaf, cuz it will trap moisture.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that was my reason for doing all the clipping yesterday. There was a little moisture on a couple leaves, but now they are good. I have breathing room in the center for one, the other has 6 budsites shooting up the center. Cant do much except train train those. I have breathing room below and as much as possible everywhere else. Hoping they will start stretching soon with hopes that they will spread out some of that vegitation.

Alltatup, I really cant express how much I appriciate all the guidance you have given me. Much love and respect sister. You are the main person that helped me get this far. You helped me with the root rot early on, guided me and sent me links to learn how to defol, ect. I really appriciate the kind words. And a HUGE THANK YOU SISTER!!!!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey my brotha, you are so welcome!!! I just want happiness and success for everyone on this forum, and I really believe that there's this amazing energy exchange between the cannabis plants and us; it's so strong!!!! The more you love and worship your girls, the more amazing the feats of magic they will perform for you. They wil create the best medicine in the world for whatever ails anyone!!!!! ;-} (I just decarbed and vaped a little bit of the OGKush I jarred like three weeks ago, and I'm quite euphoric right now...
        Last edited by alltatup; 12-11-2018, 04:22 AM.

So just 3 days and look how they came back from that Defoliation I did the other day. I think I need to trim them up again already. Sooooo bushy. I keep moving leaves around and keep tying them back but I cant seem to keep up. Thinking I need to just wait a little while longer to trim anymore. Thoughts anyone?
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm speechless. They are so strong!! If it were me, I'd get the vinegar and olive oil out and make a salad!! ;-}

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everybody says wait. I say wait until the next feeding. I have a hard time looking at my bushy plants without my scissors in my hand. I follow a certain growers advice and trim leaves after feeding.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all for the comments. I will wait. Lol. And Canuck I totally understand. So much green. Smells dank as f##k. I open my box and it rounds the house in darkness. Lol. I am planning on jarring most of this and cure it for several months. Hope I get alot.

Also found my missing seeds of this strain. Sooo stoked. I have 12 more of these girls.

Per defol, is it true the less budsites you leave after defoliation,(cutting smaller budsites and stems), the bigger and better your buds get and increased harvest weight? It seems like reverse to me...
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        That's how I feel about it Canuck, there are just so damn many. Lol. Not saying it's a bad thing but I might have to alter mygrowbox. I didnt anticipate this much growth!!!

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alter your grow - start bending them over - if you can, if there's room.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been tying everything I can down and back out of the way for other budsites to get more light. I have a few that dont look like they will make it to the top but they change daily. Everything inside those canopies is alive and moving. I can tie one back and another takes its place the next day. Alot od training going on here. I am getting a scrog setup built to fit and am going to mount it Saturday with my solution change. I do have to say all of the growth looks pretty healthy with a couple small exceptions. Hopefully a scrog helps me tame these jungles I have going on. Super excited...๐Ÿ˜Ž

Well here are their new pics. They finally have enough length for me to tie them back. Opened up the middle considerably. They are happy. Eating alot. The PH keeps dropping and the EC keeps dropping. This week I had to add a gallon every other day. These girls are Thirsty. They are at almost 14 inches. Ec is 1.568 and ph set at 6.01.nutes are at 75% and they seem to want more.Happy Daddy here. Lol๐Ÿงžโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They look absolutely amazing, SSJ!!! They are so alive!!!!!! Congrats, happy daddy!!!!

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Alltatup. I really appriciate the comments. I am going to net them up tonight or tomorrow. Get the ol scrog going.

Well trellis is up please dont judge too hard. Lol. First time and I made it from scratch. Just a simple net and I stapled it to the studs. I can really see all of the budsites now. I will defol them this weekend. They have gotten massive since Saturday. That's only 3 days. They have pretty much filled up the bottom of my growbox. Stunned...๐Ÿ˜
      Attached Files
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Not alot of change. No flowers yet ๐Ÿค”. But it will happen in due time๐Ÿ‘.
        ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

15 days of 12/12?

everything looks good ๐Ÿ˜ how long is expected flower?

Comment

Originally posted by LurkingInTheGrass View Post
            15 days of 12/12?

everything looks good ๐Ÿ˜ how long is expected flower?
            These girls are 15 days on 12/12. I have been careful and diligent with light dark restrictions so no chance of light leak 100% guaranteed. I know vegitation is thick and growing like hell and worries me a little, but it looks like they have stopped growing new leaves and are just energizing the newest growth. I just dont see the tiny baby leaves as much underneath anymore. I did a heavy defol last week because of moisture on some leaves due to how thick they are but am new and hesitant to take many more leaves when I finally start seeing stretch(which I have yet to see to date) My reason for the trellis.

Dinafem says 60 to 70 days. Hope those numbers are correct. Would like to see a harvest the beginning of Febuary.

These girls are drinking a gallon of water a day and my ppm drops about 30 to 35ppm a day. Yesterday it was 864 today it was 829 ppm
            ph drops about .6 to .9 daily too. Have to use ph up to keep ph st 6(ish) I like to tend them though so that's not a problem. So they are doing things for sure... Definately like to do things at their own pace. That's for sure.
            Last edited by Sallisawjim; 12-17-2018, 12:51 AM. Reason: Had my dates mixed up
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              They look amazing. So you're over 2 weeks into 12/12 and there's no stretch yet? That seems strange... I wonder why. What light do you have them under?

At the very least, you may want to "lollypop" them down below, when they stretch enough to give you room?https://www.growweedeasy.com/lollipo...nabis-tutorial

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              You are doing great - I was going to say you might have to wait until 21 days.. but I got a spoiler from below ๐Ÿ˜

Yes, I'm glad pH is a sliding scale. I typically add high pH'd nutes/water to the res through the week. Another dragon to chase ๐Ÿ˜

Alltatup, here is a pic of my light.

๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Sallisawjim That is too awesome!!! I'm so glad to hear it!!! I kinda feel like I know your two girls from far away. Since they were little rug rats... lil beauties... Whatta good pops you are.

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet rig

Heatsink looks massive, how heavy is is?

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              LurkingIn TheGrass, heavy. Yeah it puts out some hear waves. Have my fans set to 3/4 and that's alot. I have a 6 inch VTX600 from Atmosphere exhaust fan along with one of their massive Pro150 filter. Its rated closeto 500 cfm and my box is 3.5ish ft x 4 ft. Just to keep my temps down when the lights are on because almost 20 degree flux I think is too much margin for them. So I try to stay within 10 degrees and at night it gets cold here. Light weighs close to 40 pounds. Yet another reason I decided to build a box with a good frame for this. The filter weighs close to 45 pounds. That is alot of weight.

Why did you choose that light? For first look I was like yeeee huge led. 600real w, then I checked the price and those specs... Iโ€™m so curious how this light will do for the entire grow.

Comment

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Budler! So the reason I choose this light is because Maxlight sent it to me as a sample to show a customer and when I sold 10 units I got to keep the sample unit!!! Lucky. So far it has been great. A little too intense for my grow box I built,(which I did according to the manufacturers suggested requirements for the light. When I rebuild it I will go 2 feet bigger both ways.. need more room for these girls. Powerdraw from the wall is 597 watts. I am just seeing my girls flower as of today and seen the first real stretch last night. Thanks for stopping by boss.

Check this out. They all look like this pretty much all over. HOPEFULLY I will finally see more stretching. About 2 inches or so today. I bent those under my net so that they all stay the same height and dont shade any of their neighbors. Lol. That ol' Jack Frost sent me on a stupefied trip a while ago. Lol. Super Dank. I even forget to post this earlier. Lol ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ‘
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I see budification.

Love it!!!
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              OUTSTANDING pics of the emerging pistils!!! This is the most awesome time, watching them flower, and then watching them fatten...

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Alltatup!!! They are your stepkids. Lol

looking great man.!!
            try not to do any more tucking and just then let em go, too much training in flower will lower yield.
            u want the canopy 18 - 24 inches thick/tall (45-60 cm) depending on how close u can get the light.!

Comment

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you SlowOldGuy!!! I have been tucking away too. It is so hard not to. But I will. Didnt k ow that about training in flower. I will listen to your advice and not tuck anymore. Pretty excited as I am sure you understand. I cant get my light any closer than 30 inches. Maybe upper twenties. Been watching hard, like checking 2 or 3 times a day for any oddities. My EC is 1.4 but they seem to be thirsty for more. A gallon a day. Yesterday was 1.25 gallons. Today 1 gallon. Keeping PH as close to 6.0 as possible. Seriously thank you for the advice!!!!

These girls are thirsty!!! Gallon a day and ec drops dramatically. I mixed nutes a little stronger this time around. Will be watching leaf tips closely. Not too bad. I adjusted it to 85% we will see. It's awesome watching these little budsites blossom. Stoked!!!
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X