No announcement yet.

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LITG, Makes alot of sense when you put it that way. Thank you for shedding that light for me. Lol. Sometimes common sense like that just needs to be heard. Lol. Makes me feel like a simpleton. Lol.
    The grass ain’t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
    🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Growing like weeds. Has not skipped a beat. But my nodes. Damn they are growing so close to each other Maybe I need to raise the light a little. I took the covers off the hydroton, gonna make some out of foil. That way they flex with the stalk. Didnt like the plastic.
      Last edited by Sallisawjim; 10-30-2018, 07:04 AM.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        I only cover my hydroton when it's constantly wet (and growing algae). Once you get a couple of good leaves going, not enough light makes it to the hydroton

Well it seems like growth has slowed to a stop for some reason. Maybe not and I am impatient.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

It's definitely a long game 😁

Occasionally, you get to see bursts of growth (inches over night)

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Hate being so impatient, makes me worry. Lol😐

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Give them time to get over what you've done to them. At this stage, they are still very delicate and they don't have a huge root system.

Question for you. My noses are suuuuuper tight. Like barely 1/8th of an inch I just manifold them last week and there is new growth just slower and my nodes done seem to care. Just popping out like none other. I am not going to be able to trim the second node on this because I would probably damage something because of how tight they are. Have you ever seen this?
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
        SinsemillaScientist commented
        Editing a comment
        They will be slow for awhile once you remove growth it slows down the plants processes, give it a week or two and she will get a good motion going. In the meantime just keep her enviroment in check, it seems your doing grrat things with hydro, but the name of the game is patience and it will be one of the most rewarding things you do! good luck and happy growing friend!

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you SinsemillaScientisemt. Yup I'm just impatient. Really just worried. These are my first grow. I see some growth now. They grew about an inch and the nodes finally stretched a little between lol. I'll post pics later.

Well that figures. My pics wont load. 🤔

I see them growing faster now. The nodes are starting to stretch out a little. Just kicking back and watching, waiting.... ph is still 6.1 probably gonna have to add some water tomorrow. They are awfully thirsty. Hood thing I think. Night temp is 63 to 64 day temp is 75. All is well. Root balls are looking like they are about the size of a large softball or large grapefruit. So grateful for all the support here. Maybe I can get pics to load tomorrow. Lol. Okay so the pics uploaded. Lol
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        You think it's time? I was gonna wait another week but their roots are getting bigger. They arent close yet though. I was gonna wait until next week to do that. Buy you are probably right. I will put them in my 10 gallon totes I bought. They are totally light proof. Lol I saw to that for sure. Just figured that I would wait to see more rapid growth but you are right again. They are reacting well to my training now. I had to move my wire already cause they are growing. I'll go ahead and move them on Saturday with their scheduled water change. Do you think I should run just plain ph water for a day or two since they have never seen a flush yet and they will be going into a more light secure container. Kinda iffy about it.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SSJ, I'm a hydro not a soil grower, so put that question out to the soil growers. ;-}

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        They are in a dwc tote. 15 gallons. I was going to separate them into their own 10 gallon tote when they start showing more growth. I'm afraid that they will fo into shock if I act too soon. I believe that I will just wait another week. Their roots are way far from each other. Like about 8 inches away. They a fee e getting bigger just want to wait until I see more of that rapid growth.

🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, ok, I see the DWC tub now. I'm not sure I see the reason for separating them; 15 gallons is more than enough room for two plants. When my plants are small, I'm especially careful not to mess with the roots at all. I made the water/nute switch as fast as I can and just leave them alone. I learned that this was a much better practice than how I used to do it. Now my new water mixture is ready to go before I drain the reservoir.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. I just bought another tote the same size to that I have one for wastewater and one for nute solution. I got everything ready and had my water changed and ph balanced in 15 minutes!!!! Awesome idea there alltatup!!! Sweet...

So here they are. Growing. Finally after their stall from me taking the fan leaves too early after manifolding. See how close my node spacing is. It is nuts. About 1/8 to 1/4 inch each node getting closer till nothing. Right now I count 6 nodes including new growth growing inside the new growth inside the newish growth. They are really pushing out nodes. Notices one leaf has some nute burn so I am backing off the nutes a little. Hoping to get some baby bushes in the next week or so. Maybe a little height also. Just checked on the babies that went into soil from this grow yesterday and they are all 24 inches tall!!! Why are mine so damn short. Same count on nodes btw just the plants we put in soil are way taller by 4x. Same strain just a closet with my blurple light that they didnt even like in this dwc. My stalks are 3 times fatter though. Idk. Any thoughts are welcome....
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my!!!! Look at them go!!!! Those have a very Indica style growth pattern right now--very short and bushy.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the way they are growing now I have figured out the best distance is 38 inches with this MASSIVE grow light. Lol. Thank you for all of your help. These babies wouldnt be here if you hadn't taught me about root rot. Thank you alltatup!!!!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        No prob, you're welcome!!!

I am going to raise my light 6 inches to see how they like that. Fingers crossed.
      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Keep er growing. Looks great! Fabulous color.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Sallisawjim
          Sallisawjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Canuck147. Means alot.

It worked!!!! They grew 2 and a half inches overnight!!!! Wow!!! They are now 7 and a half inches tall where yesterday they did not reach the 5 inch mark yet on my yard stick. Awesome
        🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!! They're alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the mangled babies. Daaaam. They are packing it on.... I took both of the second pair of nodes for breathing room and neither one of them skipped a beat in filling in. I will top them one last time tonight and probably start flower Saturday!!!! If all goes well that is.... they like nutes that's for sure. I did a 2 day flush and you. Can see how the big fan leaves reacted to that crap. Nope they are not having it. So much Bush tho.... need a beer. Lol
        Last edited by Sallisawjim; 11-08-2018, 10:04 AM.
        🎶🎵🎶

Comment

First pics after my manifold is complete. They are so bushed out. Mangled. That's all I got to describe... crazy. Some of the leaves look crazy also. Like they are being eaten. Idk... maybe Calcium? Ph has been at 5.9 to 6.0. So I dont kmow. Nebula says to ph st 6.2 for best calcium. So I'm going to try... ph up to 6.2 now. Ppm 862. Temp is 68 degrees f. Stalks are getting some girth. Still only 8 inches tall though. I want them at least 12 inches tall before flower. Any advice?
          🎶🎵🎶

Comment

12 hours later. They absolutely definately like having the room to spread out. They ate at 9 inches now. And they dont look so crazy and cluttered. Manifold is done and now I'm just waiting for the right moment to start flower..
            🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the thing about the goddess cannabis: she is patient, and she'll wait for us to see things from her perspective. My second year of growiing was when I started "falling in love" with the plant, so my whole relationship to the grow changed.

I remember feeling like you do now: there's so much we have to learn, and we're so worried about doing it right. It takes a few grows under one's belt to start to feel more confident about what we're doing, but it's never too early to start learning how to let her lead the way. ;-}
              Just my 2 cents' worth of philosophy...

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you ATU. I bow to your experience and will let her be and watch and listen. Today she has grown another inch in height and is more widespread than they have ever been. I mean to say that their leaves seem to be reaching out to as far out in a circle as they can and their new growth is really starting to take off. Thank you for all the help and guidance ATU

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              You are so welcome SSJ, but remember that Ive only been growing for a little over two years and have tons to learn also!! So if Im wrong here I hope someone else pipes in.

And if shes growing an inch per day, shes definitely pickin up strength and speed🐸🐸🐸

Okay. Here are a few pics. Just want to document their growth. Drinking/eating alot. Probably gonna have to add another gallon tomorrow. That's the most I have ever seen them eat. They are getting so bushy. Thick vegetation right now. Starting on their 4th nodes from the manifold and believe it or not under all that canopy they are really symmetrical. Kinda wierd to see all that order amongst all the chaos above. Not sure if they are sucking the humidity out of the air or not but my humidity dropped down to 38% and I hung a few wet washcloths in the box in front(ish) of the fan. They are looking better every day.

🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, SSJ, your babies are turning into adolescents, and they look fantastic!!! Like little explosions of green!! THAT is what I call vigorous growth!!! Congrats on your caretaking!!!

So they are finally big enough for me to do some LST. What I mean is they have grown about 2 inches between nodes. Each manifold cola has 4 nodes and are peeking the 5th. I know it's kinda late in my grow, but I felt withthem being so bushy something somewhere is being depraved of light. I was right. Now my new growth has light now and will probably fill in the middle by tomorrow. I'm gonna leave her alone except move a leaf here or there daily. Added a gallon of water today. Will keep tabs and see how it goes. I did my training this morning and she has already turned up toward the light. Super resilliant.
            🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              SSJ, since you're doing LST, your veg time can certainly be longer; there's no requirement to switch to flower in this week or that. I knew someone who manifolded for I think around eight weeks and ended up with a huge number of super long colas; he trained her so well. Let her express herself, cuz she's loving what you're doing!!!
              I seriously congratulate you on this bounce back.

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Alltatup... thank you. Yes I figure I'm gonna be at least 2 weeks away from flower. Just want to give them the opportunity to be all that she deserves to be. Thank you for all of your help, support and advice... seriously. Wouldnt ne this far without your help. BTW all the tips have already turned up and they cover the stems completely. Like a big flat table.... excited...

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I know!! It's amazing how fast they reorient themselves!! They are sooooo smart!!! ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X