Cure question? Amber or Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure question? Amber or Blue?

So I’m looking into quart jars for my grandmas coming harvest. I’ve found both blue and amber jars and I know that the blue tinting helps.

My question is which gives an easier/better cure the blue jars or the amber jars?

Jarden Home Brands Ball Collection Elite Performance Series Amber WM (32oz) Quart - Quantity 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787DCNX7..._bPPTBbSQ21PVV

Ball (R) Wide Mouth Canning Jars 4/pkg-Quart - Elite Color Series Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H38QB33..._vPPTBbPZ4W1K5
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

have both no difference in cure noticed. my dark jars look dirty quicker and in the blue the buds are easier to see

Comment

I keep my jars in a dark closet so i would go darker if you don't.

Comment

Yes it doesnt matter between those 2. It's just to help keep light from degrading the buds. I would still store them in a cool dark place.

Comment

Why not clear?
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            And you need to inspect the process as it’s happening. Just seems easier to spot potential issues through the clear glas.

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            Because I’ve done the clear and want to improve my harvest. I will likely keep it in a cool dark spot however my grandma has never kept cannabis as she’s a boomer so I wanna keep it as easy as possible

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Furry I'm just saying that in my situation I do not see the need. It all depends on your situation.

I prefer black or purple. The darker the better.

Comment

• Crow
            Crow commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I saw a purple version - a bit more expensive but they offer a box of 6. Without knowing what I'm talking about, it would seem to me, to be more practical to be able to see into the jar and easy to store the clear jars in a dark place. The purple are pretty cool though

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            Could you link the purple or black? I haven’t found it on amazon

Here you go -

Crow
          Shop Ball Jar at the Amazon Cookware store. Free Shipping on eligible items. Everyday low prices, save up to 50%.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are the ones I have. But I didn't pay 42 bucks for them.

• Crow
            Crow commented
            Editing a comment
            I swear that when I 1st looked at them - about an hour before - they were only $ 32.00!!!! Still more per jar than the $ 16.00 for 4 blue ones but purple is the ROYAL color and so more valuable Still a $ 10.00 increase in 1 hour is a bit much.

What about just spray painting your jars , than you could get any color you want.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a plan to me. Lots of people do it.

Do you have multiple digital hydrometers to put into your jars? Buying a bunch of those would improve your ability to moniter moisture in your jars, thus improving your cure more than colored glass.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            I plan on getting Boveda 62% and taping them to the lids. So it’ll be easier for her

I store my 1/2 gallon jars in this old wood chest, The room it is in never gets above 74 degrees. I have strains and dates written on tops so it is easy to burp and remove buds for smoking.

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Being we're in a dryer environment, I like half gallon jars as well. I don't have a problem with too much moister or buds sticking together. I remember something about that in a tutorial..?. I think.
            Now my harvests are getting bigger the bigger jars are much easier to fill and burp, and half as many.

I will say that the colored jars are pretty cool. I just dont see why they are so more expensive. Using colored glass probably costs them less than a nickel more per jar. However they charge double what a clear jar costs.

I have never seen the black or purple ones. They sound pretty cool.

If they made a New Orleans Saints scheme colored jars my wife would buy them no matter the cost. Lol She is a Saints fan and everyone calls her saints. I am however a New England fan. And my youngest son (he is an adult) Is a Green Bay fan.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Your son has good taste.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes kingfish he loves Them Packers. He Is a hardcore football fan. We got to every college game that is local. Plus a few Alabama Games and a Few Ole Miss games.

here you go wasp.

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are pretty cool. We can alot of vegetables and make jams, ,salsa, pickled okra etc etc to give people as part of their Christmas present. Now I would pay extra money for colored jars for that as it would look more impressive.

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            $45.00 for 6 with shipping are thay cereal? I understand the wow factor, but cheep am I, and I would rather wow them with product than the container...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X