Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What height do people like to flip their girls at roughly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What height do people like to flip their girls at roughly?

I was reading that indicas usually have a 50-100% stretch post flip and often only around 50% which has, on the whole, been borne out during my grows. I`m now flipping around 20" aiming for a height of 30" post flip. What do you guys flip at?

Pagan, since I'm real limited in head space, I only let mine get 12-16" high. That means I veg them for 5-6 weeks.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Mine can get to 18 before flip if double height but only 10 if i triple in a stretch
      Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

I've had clones that I flipped at 14" and they grew to be 4 feet tall. I had to supercrop and mount my light directly to the roof of the ten. Yet I had a scrog that hardly stretched at all that I vegged for 7 weeks and flipped around 22". The final scrog was only around 32" by the time I cut it down. A lot has to do with training, but I always plan on them tripling in size so I try to keep them short throughout the grow. This fills my space with canopy instead of tall lanky plants 😉. So I try to fill the width of my space instead of height first by supercropping and tying stuff down to keep an even canopy. Then flip when I feel my space will fill with canopy and not just height. For a 7' tent keeping it short as 20" before flipping. But for strains that claim 100% stretch that's pushing it.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate, that was very interesting

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Np 😉. My shop girls were flipped around 32-34 inches not much training needed as I had height to work with. They are at around 5feet now. You can also manipulate stretch a little. Hotter lights out temps will make for a slower stretch. And more blue light will help keep them from growing verticle.

Really depends on your light source.
        Too-tall cannabis plants waste time and electricity, but too-short plants end up hurting yields! Learn how to find that perfect sweet spot for plant height!
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Honestly I have never measured them at the flip. I flip when the plants are trained the way I want them. Usually 6 to 8 weeks. I'll measure this time.

And I grew 3 rasberry cough last photo grow. One ended up 3 feet tall while the other 2 ended up 5 feet tall. I had to put the one on a 5 gallon bucket to be the same distance from the light. I also had to remove the light bracket to get enough distance for the 2 taller plants. So it depends. The other plant in the tent was an ak47 that ended up not being a auto plant. It was 3 feet tall when I moved it to 12/12. It ended up barely growing another foot.

I do prefer smaller and shorter plants. They make more bud for the space used.

Comment

Redwasp mentioned training. That's really the deciding factor. If the plant is free standing I always have to flip earlier because of the logistics of keeping the tops upright. If I use a trellis net, I'm just like Redwasp. When the structure fills the net is when I flip.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Now I grow my veg plants to about 15-20” then do any final LST to get it under 12”
            Grow and good luck
            Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

2 foot usually sometimes taller

Comment

Rich how goes it . I was just standing lookin at my girls thinkin how i wasnt goin wait so long and get so tall before i switch. I try to fill my canopy and get evened up with supercroping and such. Then use the double rule. I have done a little experimenting with using ur mh a week or so into flower. Also not a abrupt flip i like to easedown to 12 from 18 . This is goina be my last tent grow. Too crippled plus the height limitations suck. Happy gardening

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  redbeard How are you going to grow if you're not using a tent?

• PaganRich
                  PaganRich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  redbeard And to you Red, mate. Lovely bunch of lasses you have there mate. Where you going to grow next? Outdoors or convert a room?

• redbeard
                  redbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No outside for me . I was outside for a long time but a few years back i got found. No big deal but dont want to press my luck too much. After being in side i would only want to be outside in a greenhouse. Where im at its rained bout 15 inches in 2 weeks. And today it 89. Till it legal im inside. So ya im working on converting my old cistern into growroom. Biggest expense will be enough light . Im building 2 led panels but im still several dollars away. Goina be big long notill beds. Thnx girls lookum pretty nice. If the notill keeps workin its easy and produced some fine meds. Happy gardening

Howdy tat . Guess ur an early riser too. Im building a grow room. It 10 x 15 with 10ft ceilings. Im still only goina grow my 4 plants at a time but will give me space to work and raise a winter garden .

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  redbeard man I'm so envious... Your 4 plants will be beasts!!!

• PaganRich
                  PaganRich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  redbeard Just seen your answer above. Sounds good

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I could find a way to hide the smell I would just grow in my basement. But even with 2 exhaust fans with carbon filters you could still smell it. That was with only 2 plants. Anyways I now have 5 tents with everything they need to grow. I am not using them all atm but I have them if needed.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X