My plants have hermied at week 6 of flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My plants have hermied at week 6 of flower

First time having this issue I had a tent failure 12 days ago when my light support broke. I bought a new tent and put in today. This is when I found the bad news mostly on bottom buds but thinking I should cut them down soon. Will these seeds be female as I found 1 very pretty little flower on a bud. There's no nanners anywhere but took a cutting and confirmed seeds

The seeds could be feminized. They could also be late blooming Hermies. (Sounds like that’s what you have right now.) Either way the seeds you grew will most likely be unstable. Best to start with genetics from a well known breeder with a good reputation. If you are not backcrossing your strains prior to breeding them, then don’t bother with those seeds. Maybe you will find a winner seed that is a great clone only strain, I think you are more likely to win the lottery though. :-/
    I know they cost a pretty penny, but after all the time/effort/$$$ spent on growing them...you always want the best seeds to start with. Otherwise you could potentially end up in the same banana boat with a bunch of unstable seeds and very little flower to enjoy.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks for the input toker. I see its mainly bottom buds so I will kill them and resart. This was a bit of a concern since the light crashed which could have been at least 8 hrs of my lights on half hitting some of the plants and the rip in the tent

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        NOOOOOOOOOOO, some of the best weed I ever smoked came from a hermied plant.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kingfish: did that Herm weed come with any seeds in it? Because if it did, that smoke could have been even better. Plants use energy to grow seeds, same energy could have been used to grow more potent flowers.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe the light crash created a dark spot for the lowers. This cold have pushed them to hermi. Could be why the tops were not affected. Just guessing now.

Dont ditch the plants. If all of them are hermied just let them keep going. If it's only one plant then just separate them.

Comment

Plants cut tent washed new clones going back in few days not a total loss but a bit pissed at the outcome. Feeling good and safe for this next grow new setup is miles ahead of my old tent

Comment

Herb will b ok they were loading up heavy with seeds so I cut my loss. My new little girls will b ready to flower in 3 weeks. So I'm over it at this point

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X