Nitrogen during flowering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrogen during flowering.

Which would you guys say is the best nutrient solution to use during last few weeks of flowering? I don’t want to give any nitrogen I think from now on, there is some slight clawing on some leaf tips, which are random, the two white widows have always displayed a type of two tone leaf color on random leaves which has never led to any issues, however now I am anxious to make sure i avoid a nute lock situation.

I have been using just bat guano and earth worm castings, Big Bloomwith the fox farm tiger bloom but even that has a two parts ratio of N. Should I consider quitting using this and just use water and molasses? Or maybe drop the tiger bloom nute and just use big bloom, which has a lot less Nitrogen, Phosporous and Potassium, inbetween using just water and molasses?
    Last edited by NAKEDGARDENER; 09-26-2018, 07:44 PM.

I remember someone who had harvested their buds a couple of weeks back asking why their buds smelled like hay or drying grass. Turns out it was probably due to too much nitrogen in the buds when harvested.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya know, come to think of it, my last harvest this spring I didn't use any Nitrogen close to harvest, and I didn't get any hay smell, either...

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh it’s best to let the plant use up what N it has left I believe. It can limit bud growth as well as causing darker green shinier leaves with slight tip clawing or even worse, ompared to when the leaves go yellow at the bottom when very close to harvest which I think means the plant has used up its nitrogen and in effect now dying and should be harvested.

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I answered my own question really. I will quit using the Tiger Bloom nute and just use Big Bloom during feeds. Plain water with molasses in between.

I use Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom the first 4 weeks of flowering. Then nothing but water and molasses 'till harvest. My drying room smells awesome.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm since they are into week six ya think I should drop the big bloom also now?

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, just water and molasses from here on.

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful, thanks kingfish

I give the last dose of bat guano (9-3-1)- the first week in transition (to aid the stretch)- then, I stop all N during flower, except what is incidental to Cal/mag.
    Last edited by Weed Pharma; 09-27-2018, 06:53 AM. Reason: added NPK for bat guano
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Last couple weeks i use Final Finish. I stop all Nitro at week 6 or 7 depending on a 8 or 9 week harvest.

Comment

When I'm using chemicals, I use Overdrive from Advanced Nutrients ,the last 2weeks of harvest, and it's got Nitrogen in it,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for the input folks. I thought this was a good topic for all growers, I have seen a few examples of sick plants recently and as I said earlier one lady asking why her buds smelled like drying hay, no one at that time picked up on the N thingy, I’m sure plenty do use nutes all way through flowering to harvest and some of the nutes will have N, but I’m assuming in very small parts such as the ff big bloom. For sure I will be doing what most seem to recommend. I did a flush last night. From now to harvest for these girls it’s gonna be water with molasses and hydroguard,

Comment

Gh maxi bloom has n in it too. Used until last week in drain to waste. Then it's florakleen and water for last week then just one more watering then I let em dry. But I'm into organic now so it's got whatever the plant wants. However I'm pretty sure that nitrogen is still present. Buds smelling like hay doesn't have to do with nitrogen rather then the chlorophyll that excludes as they cure and it's perfectly normal. https://stuffstonerslike-com.cdn.amp...-like-grass%2F
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes flavor profile is amazing, smell is dank. But you know D.A.A.S.69 it's really in how you cure your buds that make your flowers top shelf imho. That smell comes natural when you cut anything green. Even with a proper fade and flush the leaves still contain nitrogen. I love organics now and I don't have to worry about hurting my environment 😉.

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok I was reading Nebulas article on it where I’m sure it stated that it can lead to that during curing. Thanks for the info.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know exactly what you mean, about the smell, and cure.
              I think your gonna love the brown paper bags, them bags, keeps the smell, just like it's supposed too.
              Try some bags ,a couple anyway, and see how you like it, I don't even open or move my bags for 5days. Them bags breathe.

I'm curious how everyone dries their weed. It might make a difference how your grow room smells. I personally strip everything off my colas. Just buds and stem left to dry. Maybe that is why I never get that green smell.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              This is how I hang mine previously, never had the green smell only during trim etc as for curing I still use mason jars but interested in the brown bag idea too. You all know how it goes, the process never ends until ya light it up or make something fantastic out of all your hard work and expenditure and just the plain love of growing these plants, trying to prepare right for each coming stage in advance instead of being caught out and having to post pics as to why my plants look withered and dying but hardly any background on my practices etc.

The only reason I joined this community was for the fact that I knew there would be a heck of a lot of experienced growers here who would be happy to share their ideas, practices and gained knowledge.
              Still hasn’t failed to let me down.

Temperature and humidity are probably the biggest enemies during late stage flowering I would guess. One of these days I will just build my grow room, leave the tent for other uses.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X