Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, hello... OH! HELP!! I Accidentaly cut a stem half way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why, hello... OH! HELP!! I Accidentaly cut a stem half way!

Hello everyone. I was hoping to introduce to the forum in a proper way but I gotta ask for help with my first post. I'm a newbie, a grower wannabe...

This is my first time growing my own plant, 90% in guidance of Growweedeasy.com and I'm pretty proud of outcomes so far, lots of thanks to all of you who are involved.

I have been doing LST on my plant, using T5 indoors with almost 5 hours of direct sunlight expose everyday. 3-4 hours
    minimum but usually around 5 hrs a day weekdays, almost 7 hours a day at weekends, to be more precise.

We are almost 2 weeks into flowering stage and the colas, preflowers are just beautifully growing. The plant has just grown almost 3 times bigger than it was in the first day of switching to 12/12 light schedule! you can find attached a 10 days comparison picture from above.

Here's the case, though.

I was doing the LST as always today and I accidentally cut one of the stem of a cola half way! It would hurt way less if I had cut my own finger I knew I shouldnt do it while I was that smoked up... there's also a doodle of the cut.

Anyway what I did was putting some aloa vera inner gelo on the cut in like 30 seconds or so and I firmly taped it with paper tape for around 4-5 layers but without pinching or deforming any further. once I heard that aloa vera gelo is even possible to be used for cloning because of its ablity of healing and growth etc. this way I thought I might get the most out of aloa vera, sealed the cut with gelo to prevent air bubbles into the stem and 4-5 layers of paper tape looked good to keep the cola up since it is not so heavy yet. I attached a couple of pictures of how I taped it as well.

In first few minutes the lower 2 leaves flagged and dangled, marked in the pic.

I have been chencking on the plant every 10 minutes for an hour or so from the cut. the 2 leaves luckily started to put themselves together, marked in the other picture.

From such a recovery in first hour from cut, I presume that I took a relatively good action but that does not relieve me since it is still possible that my plant gets stressed and get harmed. And I'm not sure if the stem will grow new fibers instead of the cuts.

Time passes while I'm sitting hear waiting for moderation to my registry, it has been about 2 hours now from patching. I took the plant a few steps away from the window to avoid from any hard wind but still exposed to direct sunlight. The cut stem has already straightened up and reaching out to the sun. The affected leaves are still a bit curly but absolutely standing stronger. meanwhile the humidity is around 30-35% and the temp is around 26 degrees celcius. I think the ambiance is ok.

Can you guys advise if I should do any further to avoid any harms, bad results like herming or loss in potency? As far As I know I am not supposed to do any topping after that long period of time into flowering stage so the only option is to get it recovering, right?

Another thing is since I cut the stem while I was doing the training, I just feel I still need to complete today's action including the stem I cut. Do you guys think it is safe to do the training later, near the time I switch to dark period? I'm obviously gonna do it down the lower body below the cut if I'm gonna do it at all or I can leave it as it is overnight and complete it tomorrow since I'm gonna put it under the T5s only an hour before the dark period.

It's 2.30pm local time right now, 2 hours later from the cut and I have about 4 hours more of direct sunlight, then I'll take it back unto the t5s for 1 more hour of light under them. And yes I know I'm abusing here by using the post as a journal... sorry, not sorry.

I will also highly appreciate if you guys can take an overall look at my plant and recommend anything to do better upon things you see or cannot see... I'm attaching pictures of a few bud sites from the flat top of the plant and I can tell that I can count about 7-8 of them along with main cola, which is obviously the largest, on top layer - I did not do any topping since it's my first time - and about 7-8 more sites one step underneath the top, a bit smaller than the top ones. I'm doing my best during LST to expose the lower sites and their leaves to light.

Edit: pic of the cola 3.5 hours later from the cut. Even better.
    *Settled the plant in dark period for then ight, did not do the training to the cut stem. It looked just like it was not cut at all.

Thanks in advance!

Looks ok. I have used duct tape and saved a branch in much worse condition than that. Try not to tug on it for a week or two. Give it time to heal if possible. She will be fine.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Should be fine. Only time I've had a stem die was if it was completely severed.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thank you guys for responses. It looks even better this morning. Hope i wont have any damage on her.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X