Kind soil mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind soil mixture

Well, almost ready for my 2nd grow. Just waiting on the Kind soil to arrive. I've purchased a 5lb bag of Kind Soil, a bag of Roots Organic, and a bag of perlite. I will be doing 9-11 week autos (OG kush to start) for the next round.

This will be my first time with Kind soil and I know there's a few experienced users in here so here's my question: will 2.5lbs per 5 gallon fabric pot be sufficient? I was thinking of laying 2lbs on the bottom of the pot and then mixing the other .5lb in with the roots organic and perlite. Would this be good, bad, or untested?

Also how much perlite to mix in with the Roots organic?

Do I mix the base amount of Kind soil with perlite as well?

My tap water PHs right at 7, do I still need to measure runoff PH?

Do you even water to runoff with Kind soil?

Any other tips appreciated still a noob lol
    TYIA
    Teddy

I’m not using the soil types you described... but my general consensus is Bad... you want better drainage than that. A layer of perlite on bottom will improve drainage but a layer of soil will actually block drainage. Also, mixing 60% soil with 40% pearlite will also improve drainage.
    I don’t PH my water or feed for soil, only for hydro. My ambient tap ph is with in a good range already and soil is a PH buffer. Yes, water till run off unless you are feeding by drip. Make sure the soil goes through a wet-dry cycle. (Water every other or even every third day pending on environment).
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I use kind soil. I use 5lbs kindsoil in a 5gal fabric pot. Kind on bottom roots organic on top. Don't mix, don't add perlite.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        My charcoal filtered tap water is 7ph. I don't adjust anymore. I used earth juice down at first, but found I dont need to. Your results may vary on your ph requirements based on what else is inyour water.

Don't water to runoff.

If you are using Roots Organic Original - you will need to add very little to it. (there are different types of Roots Organic soils)
      It is already mixed with perlite and auto's do not require much more.

As far as the Kind soil- we will have to wait for experienced users of Kind soil with autos's-
      I suspect mixing a portion in the Roots Organic would make it too "hot" for young plants.

A pH of 7 going in is fine and there is little need to check pH for organic grows.
      Water the containers complelety, to tears- but not looking for run off.

Place the fabric pots on some style of rack for good airflow under the bag.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I've used KindSoil a good bit, and different ways too, but it's best to use it just like Phil has in the directions.
        1pound of KindSoil for each gallon of pot size, So 5gallon pots get 5gallons of KindSoil,
        Every 7cups is equal to 1lb of KindSoil, so 35cups for the 5gallon pots.
        Do not ever water to runoff, uif you do you wash all the good stuff out of the KindSoil, and it want make it the whole grow, don't water to runoff.
        Tap water is fine, just let it sit for 24hours first, and make sure your ph is between 6.0-7.0. Before watering.
        Its super easy to use, and he has all the directions on the box, it came in.
        KindSoil on bottom, ,Roots on top.
        No layering.
        Good Luck you are gonna love the KindSoil, damn good stuff.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use tap water as well. And yes, 50 years ago...sitting water out for 24 hours had benefits. This, unfortunately, is no longer the case. Clorimine has been used since the 1990’s and will not be vaporized in the same fashion.
          I love tap water... just don’t be fooled into thinking you are gassing off with clorimine. It’s just not true.
          I use tap straight out of the faucet. Contains more dissolved oxygen this way.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          About every 2-3months, some one brings up tap water, so I'm pretty sure most know about using tap water, except maybe first timers.
          I know that's all me and all my old growing buddies use is tap water, with no problems.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah...some people live in areas where the tap water is dangerous. If it’s not safe to drink...it’s not safe for plants. I am lucky to live in an area where the tap water is very clean. I wouldn’t use tap if I lived in Flint MI. I would be using reverse osmosis paired with cal-mag. Lucky I live in north cal, and my tap is perfect for growing and drinking.

Thanks all.

I've had a short email conversation with Phil and he says 3lbs for a 9-11 week auto but I do believe I'll take your guys' word for it and just use all 5. Only ordered 5lbs anyways and am going to stagger my plants, starting 1 every month. that'll leave me plenty of time to get more.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X