Potting soil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potting soil question

First time grower. Been reading on this site that using Miracle Grow potting soil (Indoor Potting soil to be exact) is not a good growing medium and contains too much nitrogen that stays in the soil for far too long and causes issues in the flowering stage. What can I do to fix this issue? I've read up on transplanting but not sure if this is the best solution.

How long have they been in miracle grow, ie what size are the pots now, I would transplant, gently shake of a little of the loose medium and repot into a larger pot with something such as ocean forest by fox farms, I rescued a four week old seedling from a guy who had done this with miracle grow, and plant is now in bloom.

Also I would buy something called hydro guard by general hydroponics, it’s a root inoculate, which will help the root health and help plants take in the nutrients from the organic soil directly
    Last edited by NAKEDGARDENER; 09-11-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Any soils that come with any nutrients is bad news 4 ur girls. Pro mix is my favorite it might give ya like 3 days of before u need to add nutrients. At that point its up 2 you how u want things to go. Those soils with 3 months of nutrients is a joke u never know what's in the bag, or when the slow release actually realeases. If u over water its a good chance u might nuke ur plant.

Comment

I fully agree with both above. Promix HP with Mycorrhizae soil mixture has been my choice for last couple of years.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X