Clear All

Help fast dying

6 plnts

3 northr lights 3 sensi skunk

30 dys old

600w hps in tent

4 in john innes soil with perlite 11 litre pots

2 in canna medium soil 20 litre pots

ph good humidity good watering whrn pots are light or soil dry temp ggod 25/30c

fed canna veg now canna flora

they are dying from the bottom help please

Looks like a combination of things going on, but I think you may have a root problem. When you water, do you allow run off every time, and especially when using nutes, also when it runs off are pots still in the saucers.

Comment

• gold01ca
      gold01ca commented
      Editing a comment
      and possibly root bound.

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m wondering that and possibly too much water, in small pot with a lot of run off, but there are descriptions of this on the Gwe site. Tones have you checked it out?

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I am from United Kingdom and used to buy ji soils when I lived there, I wasn’t sure just how good they’d be for mj plants, but one thing to remember is that fresh soil doesn’t need nutrients right off the bat, if this is the case and you are giving nutes to plants in already highly buffered and nutrient loaded soil then it may be that is your problem. Hoping others will correct me on this. From the Royal Horticultural Society, I found this on their soils.

Most potting compost or media offered is soil-less and either based entirely on peat, has some peat in its formulation or is peat-free. There are advantages, however, to soil based media and John Innes mixes are widely used. Be aware though; currently offered JI composts may differ from the traditional product and some still contain peat.

Those leaves which are yellow at the bottom, how do they feel do they feel soft and easy to pull off? Or are they firm still.

Comment

Still pretty firm

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok so it’s not a nitrogen deficiency, to me it’s looking more and more like a drainage issue, the roots may not be getting enough oxygen.. add more perlite to your soil mix and don’t let run off water sit in the saucer with the pot, if that’s what was being done, then this would be my guess

I let them run off then empty the saucers at the bottom, will they recover?

Comment

Shall i remove the saucers from the bottom for more oxygen?

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
          NAKEDGARDENER commented
          Editing a comment
          When were they ,last potted on? I’d be tempted to pop them in fabric pots and add a lot more perlite also you don’t want run off with soil everytime, but your soil looks fresh so I’m guessing here tbh, someone else might be able to advise better.

I have spare fabric pots just abit worried to repot them dont want to damage them i dont knw will repotting affect them in anyway? I already hve 2 in fabric pots but they also look dying from the bottom. Could it be a light issue not reaching the bottom?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          They will benefit from a transplant. That could be the whole problem. Seem pretty big for their pots already

Really looks like rootbound to me. For sure re pot in fabric bags my personal fav is 10 gal. At this point a re pot won't hurt as much as those sexy girls dying

Comment

I say put it in a bigger pot and feed it with a veg mixture to end that nitrogen deficiency
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X