Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to Harvest???? First grow! please help the noob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to Harvest???? First grow! please help the noob!

Ive been growing my first two babies and it seems to me that they are ready for the next step!
    been following GWE forums and website as a educator for this purpose, and with all the up and downs of the challenge as a first timer, my non existant experience on this field tells me its time to do it!
    Ive attached photos so you can tell me if its the right time or not! thank you so much

How many weeks did u flower looks a bit early but hard 2 tell

Comment

It is to early. Hard to tell from pics but I'm still seeing to many clear. For best speedy high you need most all trichomes to be cloudy. For overall high all cloudy and a few amber. For best body stone relaxing, euphoric high need more than just a few amber.

I dont have the eyesight I used to so maybe someone else will chime in if I missed something.

Comment

Hard to tell but looks like ur days away really sticky looking great job

Comment

Too many clear trichomes. I'd wait for mostly milky/cloudy, and a few amber.
          Last edited by starramus; 09-03-2018, 03:20 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

But never cut to early unless you want weak smoke that can give headaches. The harvest window is a few weeks so always safer to wait another week or 2. But to me looks like you have more than that left.

Comment

nope, I'd wait at least a week, probally 2. Not seeing any amber yet, mostly clear ta partly cloudy now. Being it yer 1st grow, I'll bet yer wound up tighter-na- mosquitos ass stretched over a washtub, but the wait is worth it. Also, the last 2 weeks is when yer buds really fatten up. Like mine 10-20% amber. Should start flushin tho if yer in soil.

Comment

Hi there - I'm just doing my first grow as well, and mine looked like yours do about a week ago. The lovely people on this forum suggested I wait, so thats what I did. I'm seeing more amber now so will be harvesting next week, it's worth waiting a wee bit longer, as the buds got a little fatter too. Looks great, what a good job for your first grow .

Comment

Hey infamous, Can you post a picture of the plant or closeup of the buds? I'm wondering how many white pistils you still have on your buds.

And it's really hard to tell from those pics; can you try again? Try to focus on a specific part of the trichomes on a bud and get a clear shot of that part.
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Nebula's wonderful when to harvest chart.

Comment

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

Comment

Well FF looks to me like your about a week or two out, a good time to start flushing if u have a mind 2

Comment

• gbauto
                          gbauto commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This is what I'd do. A couple weeks flushing should put it right on point.

There is still clear tricomes let all get cloudy and at least a quarter amber thats the way i like it

Comment

Small update: its hard to take photos of this damn thing, and guess what i do for a living? im a photographer!
                          Anyway, i've followed your advice and am waiting a few days more, most likely will take it down on Sunday as its the only day i have off from work, and wont have any off day for a few weeks straight after that, so i guess i have no choice!
                          I took this fast snap yesterday with the phone and this is their actual state, all of those are cloudy right? starting to see one or two amber aswell

Comment

Is that a leaf or calyx photo? They do look all cloudy but if it's a leaf it's a false sign of readiness. Need to see trichomes on the calyxes to know when they are ready. It would really help if you posted a picture of the whole plant. Also, how long have they been in flower and how long is the breeders flowering time estimate?
                            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X