Flower week 4, brown leaf tips, curling, buds not growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flower week 4, brown leaf tips, curling, buds not growing

Hey guys, this is my first time attempting to grow. I started out not having any clue what I was doing and I still am struggling.

They began showing signs of distress in the flowering stage. I'm growing them under a 600watt LED light in a closet. I transplanted them to 5 gallon buckets and used Happy Farm soil. I bought the Fox Farm nutrient trio and began using it a week ago, but they aren't getting any better.

The leaf tips are turning brown, some of them (especially the lower leaves) are curling and look straight up dead. The buds don't seem to be growing anymore either.

I fed them the nutes at half strength (half of what is recommended on the Fox Farm chart) and have only fed them twice.

How far away is your light from them and what ph levels are you dealing with, ? What size is your grow area.

Comment

Looks like your pots might be a bit on the small side. Smart pots might make a difference even if you cant go to a bigger size.

Comment

Could be nitrogen toxic..could be lock-out

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
          NAKEDGARDENER commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a problem with ph specifically and maybe light, they are burned and the tops on new growth looks withered and shocked. If using nutrients then you would do that if say with older soil, of new soil then I don’t use nutes at all for several weeks or even until the 12/12 transition, which I did with my current grow. Even then only giving one teaspoon of the veg nute, fox farm trio, two teaspoons of tiger bloom and two teaspoons of grow big, 2 mills of hydroguard per gallon of feed. This coming week they will be fed twice between regular waterings with only hydroguard in the water, and they will now only receive tiger bloom and grow big.

My water ph before I do any mixing is at 6.5, after making up my solution it goes more acidic and around 5.80. So I add a little bicarbonate of soda to bring the solution ph to 6.30 and I don’t mess with that too much but neither do I try to achieve that exactly, run off when I last measured mine was at 6.70

Tips look like burn stop nitrogen and give just p and k

Comment

I use a bloom that's 3-12-6 never get any nute burn and they seem to love it

Comment

Don't forget that they might have gotten shocked from the trans plant very risky to re pot during budding.I always start out in my main grow bags (10gal) from seedling so I don't worry about ever touching them until I slit their throats

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              True, and it’s hard to say without the grower replying with more info, but I’m sure they will get a definitive answer soon.

Additional. The two at front and right back are only in two gallon lots. The one back and left is in a 7 g pot
              Last edited by NAKEDGARDENER; 09-01-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X