No announcement yet.

Mainline vs Double Mainline - Grow 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day 110. Still slowly chugging along, she has quite a few more orange hairs than last week. I would say another week or so and she will be ready to chop. So it will be a green Christmas for me lol.

Since I wanted to be in the auto show down, I decided to start a bubba Kush Auto. Needless to say it's a little tight in there lol.

Have a good week everyone.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! Today is day 118.

She's getting closer, but still isn't ready yet. I'm hoping she will be ready by next week, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

I received my black Friday order of seeds yesterday. It was like a Christmas gift to me, from me! Here's what came for me:

Bubba cheese auto
      Sour Diesel auto
      White Widow CBD auto
      Girl Scout cookies auto

And the freebies that came along with it are:

Alaskan purple auto
      Amnesia auto
      White Widow auto

The white Widow CBD auto came with a seed that was crushed, and a seed that looks like it was cut. I will email seedsman to see if they can do anything about that. I'm sure it probably happened through the mail, but hopefully they will be able to send me a couple a seeds.

Anyway, have a merry Christmas everyone!

​​
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking real good, looks like you'll have a nice yield, I've only manifolded 1 plant, Northern Lights, it was ready at 116 days. The other NL that grew with it was ready 105 days. I only topped it between the 4th and 5 th nodes and light Lst. So the manifold took an extra 11 days.

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks uncledoug! I'm thinking it will be heaviest yielder to date for sure!

What was the weight difference between the 2 NL that you grew? Did the mainline seem to help?

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        They were very close, the NL manifold was 3.7 oz and the other was 4 oz. Next time I'll manifold each plant instead of a tall one and a short one. I had a hard time keeping them the same distance from the light, think that hindered the manifold.

Today is day 124. Still outta control, still not ready lol. Took some pics of the sides to show the hidden buds that are hanging below the top of the pot.

I have seen a few Amber trichomes, so if the hairs are still white next week I'll probably end up taking it down. To be fair, it didn't start flowering until day 50 ish, so that's about a 10 week flower period, which is common with photoperiods.

The little bubba kush is doing great!

Have a great week everyone
      ​​​​​
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys! I will definitely be taking pics during harvest!

LurkingInTheGrass - I can't lie, my phone gave me a little help with that pic. It said "fix lighting?" And I said yes lol.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL - the phone didn't grow the bud

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        😂😂😂😂

True

Today is 131. It is also harvest day! I could have probably waited another two weeks, but I did see Amber trichomes so I'm probably at the beginning of the harvest window. However I could not wait any longer because I wanted my tent back lol.

This is definitely the biggest plant I've ever grown, and I didn't realize how big it was until I took it out of the tent. When I got it to the table all the branches were bending over from the weight of the buds.

I'm pretty sure I might get a pound on this plant alone. I never thought I would grow something this big with my setup.

I'll check in in a couple of days when it's all dried out to give the exact weight, and this journal will be wrapped up!

Have a great day everyone!

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        9fingerleafs - thanks man! I appreciate it! She was in a 3 gallon pot from start to finish. You can find the autocobs at cobshop.net. You can also go to the autoflower network under the grow light section, and message bigsmo. He's the one who sells them, and he has great customer service.

This was the double mainline gg auto.

uncledoug - thank you! I will definitely be posting the final weight. Shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 days from now.

LurkingInTheGrass - Well it's true! Lol, I've got other plants I'm dying to start, and this one took so much longer than other plants I have grown.

I would absolutely get the same trimmer. I believe this one came from Zenhydro.

My buddy came over to help me trim, and we finished this beast in about 3 1/2 hours. Would have taken multiple 8 hour sessions by hand I think lol.

I've scanned over various types of trimmers, but I really like this kind.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! My house smells really good lol.

• FlyingDutchPaddy
        FlyingDutchPaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazing grow M^3.
        Absolutely amazing!
        Congratulations!

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FDP! She was a crazy beast!

I made a week by week timelapse of this entire grow. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty neat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	282451
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks furrysparkle! Would it be better faster or slower? I can adjust the speed of them in the future.

I've always been a fan of timelapses. Didn't realize it was so easy to turn a bunch of pics into a gif lol

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope seems easy to follow

• FlyingDutchPaddy
        FlyingDutchPaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        nice timelapse

if anything, perhaps this:
        - find a point in your tent that has a good overview,
        - take a note of zoom level,
        - take pictures consistently from that point you found,
        - put those in a timelapse.

would give a timelapse with less of a 'camera motion' effect.
        If you take the pics in 'landscape' orientation (nineteentwenty by teneighty), you could even edit it into a HighDef style 'film' ;-)

'creative thought' from a technical guy that supported content creating professionals...

Hey everyone, I just got done weighing up most of the double mainline gorilla glue auto. There are still some main colas that need to dry out more, but the bulk of it was ready to go. I expect at least an ounce or 2 off those when they are done. uncledoug, I know you specifically were asking for this, so here ya go!

*Drum roll*

610.1g or 21.78 oz

Who said autos yielded less?

I ran out of jars to use, so I had to use a cake pan and some solo cups to finish getting it all around.

I'm expecting around 23-24 oz total off this plant when the big buds are done.

Better to way underestimate than overestimate I suppose!

Anyway, here's some pics so you know I'm not lying out my ass

The ones in the rack still need to dry out, and that is a normal sized Bic lighter, not a mini (no illusions here!)

​​​​​​​Have a fan-fucking-tabulous day everyone
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy smokes that's a lot of bud, congratulations. I'm going to try manifolding again on the next grow. I was excited when I got over 4 oz from Blue Mystic, growing one that big might be too much for the old heart,lol

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        That is fantastic mcubed.
        Congratulations on your Harvest.

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys! I still can't believe it!

Ola MC, I read your 3d, congratulations. You have amazed I did not think you could do the mainilg on car varieties. If you do not mind, I welcome you to follow you in this new cycle.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Grazie famine! I didn't know autos could yield so much either. I'm pretty sure this one was just a really good seed. I'm still waiting on the main colas to dry, so my final weight for the plant isn't completed yet!

You are more than welcome to follow along! I'll be watching yours too!

Here's the wrap up for this journal:

My experimenting with the mainline vs double mainline went how I thought it would. The double mainline seems to work much better than the single mainline in terms of yield. I will be doing most of my plants this way from now on.

As a disclaimer, the gorilla glue I just took down was a freak of nature. Please don't try this method expecting those results. I'm not a pot whisperer, I'm sure genetics was a huge factor lol.

My main colas are finally dry! They came in at 84g, giving me a total of 694g, or 24.78oz for the entire plant.

Holy fuck, 1.5 lbs off one auto

Gorilla Glue auto - 694g
      Gorilla Glue auto #4 single mainlined - 66g
      Gorilla Glue auto #4 double mainlined - 121g

Total for this grow - 881g or 31.46oz

Total electricity for this grow - $150 for 4 months

Total price per oz - $4.83 in electricity.

I sadly can't get a pic of the whole harvest because I have already smoked all the gorilla glue #4 lol. But this pic is of the gorilla glue auto that just went down.

​​​​​And that's a wrap everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks 9! I feel like I'll probably never get that much off of one plant again lol

• Eigholte
        Eigholte commented
        Editing a comment
        That is pretty amazing. From reading earlier on in your journal, I decided to try this training style with my upcoming grow. So I'll get to see how this works for me with a photoperiod plant. I don't imagine I'll match your results by any means - but man, is that inspiring!

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks eigholte! If you're doing it with a photoperiod, you can let it get super big in veg before you flip. Longer veg normally means bigger yield. Good luck!

I'm trying to pick my jaw up off the floor ! Wow
      Great job. That plant was a beast !
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks California kid! I don't think I'll ever beat this yield lol

Mc, I do not understand well this double mainilg, how many peaks do x stage?

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        I leave 2 nodes on the plant when the plant has about 5 nodes total. I normally keep the 2nd and 3rd node only. I don't count the coytledon as a node, so the first serrated leaves would be node 1. I chop that off and everything else except for the 2nd and 3rd.

I hope this answered your question!

Ok MC, up to here are. Then proceed with other tops? I think this technique you use is very similar to mine, but I do it differently.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Famine, I understand the last part of your comment, but not the first.

When you say "up to here are," do you mean you are caught up at this point?

When you say "proceed with other tops?" Are you referring to taking all the other nodes off the plant?

I'm sorry we have this language barrier, I just want to know what you are asking so I can properly answer.

I hope this doesn't come off as rude or anything. I'm not trying to be disrespectful

Excuse me I express myself badly and the translator does not help. I try to explain myself. In the mainilg you cut 3 times to have 8 tops. In your case do you always make 8 peaks or 16 peaks? But I do so, cut like you in the 5th interior, I bring in bloom and at 2 Flowering I delete all the weak leaves leaving only 6/8 buds.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        I understand you now famine. I know the translators don't always work so well.

Once I cut everything except for the 2nd and 3rd node, I just let it grow out. I'm not really sure how many tops I end up having. I know mainlining for photoperiod plants is a little different than what I do. They tend to cut a few more times to get the 8 nodes you are talking about. I just let it all grow out once I only have my 2nd and 3rd nodes remaining.

Have a great day Famine!

Incredible. I have a gg going now. I’m at 4 months and she’s looking great but scaring me! Come take a look! 9 finger referenced this grow when I was asking questions.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! It was an auto, and definitely a freak of nature! I'm glad it worked out so well for me, I hope yours comes out just as good!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X