No announcement yet.

Mainline vs Double Mainline - Grow 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day 48 for the girls. This past week has seen an explosion of growth from all the plants.

The bottom left gorilla glue auto is creeping into everyone else's territory. She's healthy, happy, and huge (for my tent.) I have finally seen pistils on this one, and it only took 45ish days to get there lol. No need to flip the light cycle now!

The top left gorilla glue auto is still weird, and I haven't seen signs of flower. I may end up pulling her and finishing this run out with 3. It would be helpful to have more room in there, and it's leaves are so jam packed together that I am worried about the overlapping of leaves and the possibility of wpm starting, or any kind of mold for that matter.

The bottom right gorilla glue #4 auto is also looking really healthy and spreading herself into other plant's territory. I have also spotted pistils on this one. So if I ditch the odd duck everybody else will be good to go.

The top right gorilla glue #4 auto is building up the buds and looking good. Her leaves are so much darker than the bottom right one, it's really cool how different two phenotypes of the same strain can be so different.

I took a before and after of defoliating. I'm not cutting off nearly as much as I did on the last 2 grows. I have become a little lazy lol.

Have a great week everyone!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Today is day 54. Welcome to the jungle.

I pulled the top left gorilla glue auto because it was growing strangely and I needed to free up space for the beast that is the bottom left (now the only left lol.)

She has become quite tall in the last week, and has somewhere around 600,873,920,420 nodes on her. This may be a slight exaggeration, but it's within 20 nodes of that number I think. Definitely gonna remember for next time that it is okay to take some branches off. I never seem to want to though lol.

Finally starting to see the beginning of budlets on this beast. Definitely gonna take longer than your average auto, but I think it will be a good payoff in the end.

The bottom right gorilla glue #4 auto is almost as big, and very similar regarding the amount of nodes and branches.

The top right gorilla glue auto #4 is starting to stack some decent looking buds on her. She will be ready within a normal auto timeframe I imagine.

This experiment has shown me some good results. Going with more than one main node is definitely my preferred method. As long as these produce similar to the alien v triangle, it will probably be the norm from here on out. The next experiment will be to see how growing nodes 2&4 (or 3&5) compare to growing 2&3. I'm already excited to see the results lol.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Today is day 61 for the girls.

The double mainline girls are finally at the end of their flower stretch (I hope lol) and are looking great.

The single mainline is continuing to stack buds.

All is good in da hood 👍

Excited to see the results of this grow!

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Today is day 69 for the girls.

The double mainline girls have gotten so tall that I regrettably had to take my table out of the tent. I'll have to return to the ways of the shop vac for the rest of this grow.

My girls all started getting some spots on them this week, so I measured the runoff, and it came out at 5.4 and 5.5. My guesstimate is a salt build up because I haven't been watering as frequently as past grows. I'll start watering daily now instead of every 36 hours.

Other than the spots, they are all looking really good! The gg #4 double mainline is starting to stack very nicely, while the single mainline is about a few weeks away from harvest.

Today I get to vote to make recreational pot legal in my state! The ads I've heard on the radio against it are ridiculous lol. Fear mongering at it's finest!

Have a great day everyone!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            Woo! Go out and vote I know I did

Today is day 75 for the girls.

I started watering every 24 hours, and although there are still a few leaves with spots, the plants overall seem very healthy.

The GG auto is still the largest in the tent. Thankfully, she has stopped stretching. The buds are starting to fill in nicely. One main branch looks like it will end up looking like one long gigantic nug, which works for me!

The double mainlined GG #4 auto is looking really good. The node spacing is good, the size of the nugs are looking really good. She is probably my prettiest plant in this grow.

The single mainlined GG #4 auto looks like it will be ready to harvest sometime this week or early next week. It will have to come down at least 4 days before Thanksgiving because we have family coming over. Luckily the other 2 still have a ways to go, so they aren't too smelly yet.

If I finish out this grow without losing any plants, I estimate that I get around a lb of bud when dry. The Alien v Triangle that I grew using the double mainline technique looked just like the gorillas that are double mainlined now, and I got 9.8 oz off that one plant.

A lb off 3 autos using only 220w of light is insane to me. I never thought I would see those kind of numbers, but it's definitely within reach!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
            FlyingDutchPaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            That double mainline sure seems to flourish compared to the single mainline plants.
            Amazing!

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks fdp! It definitely seems to be the way to go for me! The only drawback I see is if they all grow like this I may only be able to grow 2 at a time instead of 4. That's less variety for me lol

Today is day 82 for the girls, and harvest day for the single mainline Gorilla glue #4 auto.

I hand trimmed about a third of the plant and used the autotrimmer on the rest. I'm curious to see if there is a difference in taste between the 2 since some is still on the stem and the rest is in drying racks.

I'm guessing that I'll get about 3 oz off this one, and that's being generous. The single mainline has produced very similar results throughout the majority of my grows. Anywhere from 2 to 5 oz, mainly sticking around 2.5 oz per plant.

The two double mainlines are looking really good as well. The buds are continuing to stack quite nicely.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice buds!

I'm entering the COB grow arena after the first of 2019.
            I have been a skeptic, as most yield claims have been from the sellers and what appears to be solicited grows, all getting the same weights.

Very encouraged by your grows, as I have pulled over 9 ounces with 3 autoflowers in a 2x4x6 tent using 450w (true) with various MarsHydros.

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Thanks weed pharma! I think you will really enjoy them! I haven't given any other grow lights a thought since I got these. Easy to work around, no ballast, low electric bill (I'd say about $30/month running 24/7).

I ordered mine through bigsmo off of AFN, if you have any questions let me know. I would be happy to get you in touch.

As a disclaimer I do not make any money off them, and I'm not affiliated with them other than owning some awesome COBs lol.

I'm not sure what site you were looking on for the cobs, but afn has a whole thread of people growing with them and getting different results. I would take a peek there if you haven't yet.

My last grow was 3 plants and yielded 14.6 oz total. You will never hear me complain about the cobs!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Today is day 89 for the girls.

I have bendy branches on the gg auto (a good problem to have!) I used thread to hold some branches up, specifically the ones that were falling into the other plant. I see very few orange hairs still on this one, so she still has a ways to go before harvest. Keep on stacking girl!

The gg #4 auto is getting close to harvest. Her buds aren't nearly as big, but they are pretty. There are some purple sugar leaves, and she smells wonderful!
          ​​​​​​
          I'll be participating in the great auto showdown that Redwasp started for my next grow. I'm excited for that to begin! I may start one while I still have the gg auto going so I can start at the same time as everyone else. I'm thinking I'll grow bubba kush auto from Humboldt seeds and 3 bears og auto from mephisto. Unless I get my new seeds before the showdown starts lol.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Doubledealing72. Looking great bro. But yours always look great ,man

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Thanks D.A.A.S.69 ! I'm not the only one with great plants here though lol. I've seen some great stuff from you too, and many others :-)

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Doubledealing72 yeah I seen some other nice plants too, but I have to look hard to find any that are constantly as beautiful as yours are, and that is the TRUTH!!.

Very nice grow there. Cant wait to see your plants in the auto grow.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Redwasp, I'll be looking forward to yours as well!

Today is day 92 for the girls. It was also harvest day for the gorilla glue #4 auto. Some of the lower buds were nowhere near done, but it's too late now lol.

Now only the gorilla glue auto that was double mainlined remains. She has at least 2 weeks to go I'm guessing. She still has mainly white hairs and is continuing to stack. I've got some branches being held up with thread because the buds are too heavy. I'm very excited to see what this one yields.

As for the gg #4 I took down today, I'm guessing around 3 -4 oz.

The gg #4 single mainline that I took down a little over a week ago yielded 66 grams. Just under 2 and a half, which is about what's expected on the single mainline technique that I've used.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            those colas are crazy big, congratulations my friend

Thanks 9fingerleafs! I have to agree, that plant is taking up the entire 3*3 tent lol. Partly why I probably harvested the other one earlier than I should have. I wanted to make room lol.
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

I forgot to jar up the bud last night after I got out of work, so this afternoon I realized I let it dry a little bit too long lol.

However, even with it being crispy, I managed to get 121g (4 oz 9g) off the double mainlined gorilla glue #4 auto. Almost double what I got off the single mainline. The buds on this one weren't huge, so I am very happy with this number!

So far, that puts me at 6 oz 17g off this grow. I'll need 9 oz 11g off my gorilla glue auto that still remains to hit a lb, and since this appears to be the biggest plant I have grown yet, there is a distinct possibility of acheiving this.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me since I became a member on this site. I never would have thought I could grow like this.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Today is day 96 for the gorilla glue auto. She still has quite a few white hairs and has at least 2 weeks to go. I have quite a few branches held up with thread.

I wonder how big she is gonna get lol. This will be the longest I've ever had an auto grow, but it seems like the extra time will pay off.

In other news, my wife bought a cricut (a machine that cuts vinyl and cardstock into whatever you want it to say), and I had her whip up a list of all the strains I have successfully grown so far (I didn't think it would be right to include the names of the strains that never made it to harvest lol). I have it in my tent and I think I'll add to it as I continue to grow.

​​​​​​​Have a great week everyone!
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Yeah that is pretty neat. And yes some autos get huge and can go 110 days or more.

Comment

I was curious to see what electricity was costing me for my grow, and based on Nebula's formula, I'm paying $36.50 per month in electricity for my entire setup.

4 55 watt cobs, a small oscillating fan, a table top fan, and my exhaust fan. I pay 15 cents per kilowatt hour in my area, and I'm using a total of 338W.

So in this grow, I'm currently around $120 in electricity. I'm using Megacrop nutes which costs next to nothing for how much you get. Growing has saved me so much money!
                  Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Today is day 103. This plant keeps on growing. She still has quite a few white hairs. Oddly enough, the top colas have more white hairs left on them than some of the lower colas.

In one picture of the corner of my tent, there are buds down there I didn't even know she had 😂

Still pressing on, still thinking 2 weeks minimum. I'm not even sure how much I'm going to get at this point. Optimistically, I'm thinking 12 oz off this one plant. I'm so excited to harvest this one!

My seeds should be here today, and even though this plant isn't done, I'll be starting one to enter way late into the auto showdown. I'm pretty sure my choice will be bubba cheese.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
                      FlyingDutchPaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      She's crazy big!
                      Good going!

• Peebz
                      Peebz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What a monster

• Doubledealing72
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks everyone! Good genes!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X