Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help. Holes in plant :/

Hello amigos,

well here i am again with some issues. There is some holes in leaves appearing. Mostly on top leaves and new growth. I have looked carefully and cannot find any visible bugs/pest. I did order a jeweler loupe but wont be here for a few days. Until then im not too sure what to do.

5 Gallons smartpot in coir
    Under vipar led 450w at apprx 36 inch. (18/6 cycle)
    temp 23-26 C
    Fertigation 2x daily.
    Ph between 5.6-6.3 ish
    Just started to measure PPM, slowly reaching 900ppm to get a higher ppm run-off.
    I added a second fan in an attempt to deter bugs of hanging around the plant.

Plant is still small for a month in (about 6 inch) but it had a rough start with light burns early seedling and fertigation frequency ect, so i believe its just the results of the learning curve,

Any input appreciated.

1- Hole that got bigger, from a pin head to this size in about a week. You can also appreciate yellowish dent in the center of the leaf.
    2- Under that same leaf
    3- Holes
    4- Holes (tear is my fault)
    5- Main stem

I'm not sure what kind, but you got some critters chomping away. Read this and see if it helps:
    This easy picture guide will help you quickly diagnose your sick plants. Learn how to get rid of the most common marijuana pests!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• atoms
      atoms commented
      Editing a comment
      I did but couldn't pin point exactly what it could be Except maybe a caterpillar? what else eat leaves directly?

Is it possible the leaves were damaged when they were young/small (for example during training or topping)? Sometimes a tiny injury on a small leaf will end up looking like a hole or crack when the leaf actually gets bigger and spreads out. You mentioned it was happening mostly on new growth, so I thought I'd ask because I've had that happen to me and initially thought it was a bug infestation!

Comment

• atoms
      atoms commented
      Editing a comment
      I did top it 1 week ago, so it could be it. Could too much wind cause that?

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe this is what it is exactly, since I did the same and still have the leaves on the plant, also a split that happened in one leaf now it’s older looks like a tear, etc. if it’s not happening on anything else just those few it’s more likely it was damage done and as the leaf grew that hole and tear has ..

Thanks for your inputs!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X