Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with a root pest problem! and possible low ph lock out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with a root pest problem! and possible low ph lock out?

million tiny fucks are in my soil but idk if they are good or bad or what they are at all.. please help,

also i think im having phosphorus lock out from low ph. damn ph pen fucked up on me thats two in 3 months..

the heat outside says around low 80's in my area so im not sure if it the heat but my other plants look fine well

i dont think its the heat thats causing leaves to yellow and die off a fe larger fan leaves fell off already thats why ive been trying to keep it inside more but i started to realize this along with purple stems must be a phosphorus deficiency from low ph lock out but my damn pen breaks the same day i realize this..

thanks in advance!

they are very tiny white and you would never know they were there until you water your plant and they come floating to the top and its so many of them that they just cover the surface of the water and every few days id give my plants a really good watering they have multiplied or hatched another shitload it feels like i never got rid of the millions of em just a few days prior and the cycle goes on.. idk what to do about it or if they are good pest and to leave em.. i just wonder if they are effing up my roots cause i have a poor root system..

Comment

You could try repotting in fresh soil and try a cannabis friendly soil treatement, also the pot looks flooded, is that normal?

Comment

So a few thoughts of what they are, if they are really small, springtails, maggots or possibly fungus gnat?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

freddyyola ,that sounds like springtails, they help break down your soil, they ain't gonna hurt nothin much, you might want to not keep your soil so wet.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the soil was so wet so you could see the bugs . He said u didn’t notice them until he waters . Just making an assumption.

• freddyyola
            freddyyola commented
            Editing a comment
            i think the soil im using is so shit i didnt know better i thought ffof would be fine but its trash at letting your roots breathe..

should knock off as much old soil as possible and plant into coco perlite and ffof mix 33/33/33 ?

you have fungus gnats. its from over water and heat. get some mosquito bits. it will take a little time 2 get rid of

Comment

• freddyyola
            freddyyola commented
            Editing a comment
            its not fungus gnats they aer super tiny and when i watered they pour out from under the soil

• king
            king commented
            Editing a comment
            what r springtails ? never heard of them

• freddyyola
            freddyyola commented
            Editing a comment
            youtube it they are smalll tiny almost white in color if u ever think you see any try grabbing a stick and rubbing at them if they jump then you know they are spring tails that or if you watering your plants and some bugs come floating out and are floating on the water they are also most like spring tails... and are harmless

thanks for the help guys..

should i knock off as much old diurt as possible or try and be gentle and not shake off more dirt than i have to while transplanting and repot in to 25 coco 25 perlite 50 foff or what mix should i do i have worm castings on hand to..i been wanting to repot just didnt want to do it while they didnt look so healthy.. should i take a few clones just in case? i have more yellowing leaves today i guess ill take pics..
          Attached Files
          Last edited by freddyyola; 08-18-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• freddyyola
            freddyyola commented
            Editing a comment
            i know for sure the roots have not filled even 75% of the pot im doing horrible at trying to keep a healthy root system..

thats the only plant looking that bad out of the 4 i have but i think overwatering/low ph gotta be the problem

Comment

ok ive checked and im pretty sure they are spring tails mostly because they float...

Comment

ima just be gentle and repot into something bigger maybe thatll help wick out extra moisture thats already in there im thinking 45%ffof 20% extra perlite 25%coco 10% worm casting which makes 100%

Comment

i didntmake it exact amounts but i eye balled it close to half ffof and the other half mostly coco and perlite and a large cup you get from fast food places full of worm castings. yea the old soil was packed tight and wet barely any aeraiton going on in there hope fully itll be alot better now alot of new room to grow..

i cut one piece of fabirc 1 x 3 to line the mottom and two sides and then i cut 2 square pieces to fit the 2 sides left open and filled the pot in to keep the fabric in place

if i had used tape to hold the fabric for me as a third hand i couldve got it done in 10 mins total.. but instead i had to fight it to stay up and took 20 mins total including from gathering everything together which is always scattered around here lol and i had to mix the soil twice cause the first batch wasnt enough to fill the crate..

ez pz i have a good bit of fabric left and a few crates i plan on making a few more when time comes for my others to be transplanted i need more soil too.. idk if ill ever get another bag of ffof.. since it needs to be mixed with more perlite at the very least i think mixed with coco perlite and a little worm castings make it alot more complete but thats too expensive if ima have to mix shit ill buy it and mix it myself instead of buying a "complete mix" as an ingredient..

i was gonna try a coco grow but i just used up all my coco gonna get another big brick of it for 15$ on amazon seems to be the best deal ive found on coco what kind soils do you guys use or reccommend?
                Last edited by freddyyola; 08-18-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

i figured my ghetto fabric pot was a better choice than a plastic 3-4 gallon pot also itll help with the soil staying so wet..

now i just need a new ph pen im thinking of getting some super thrive as well and im not using any knf korean natural farming stuff on my plants but i am practicing it on my farming stuff,

for now im using mega crop along with some of the go box stuff at 10% doses added into the mega crop here and there i add the humic acid bioroots and the weeds stuff which is seaweed and a little calmag every few doses since mega crop already has some oh and i add half a teaspoon of slilica here and there.

.with all this i dont need to use any knf stuff not to knock the knf stuff its great stuff and its cheap cause you can make it but with mega crop promo going on its the best bang for the buck you can get anywhere.. i think it could use some pk in flowering but other than that it seems to be pretty complete..
                  Last edited by freddyyola; 08-18-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

seems to not be getting any worse thats good.. it was yellowing off and dropping leaves pretty rapidly but its more under control now..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X