Ever tried this with a hermie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever tried this with a hermie

I'm new to growing and on my second plant. Let me preface by I that only have room to grow one plant at a time in a closet so there are no other plants around. This second plant came from a stray seed that I found in a bag, the only thing I know about it is that it is some type of sativa (I didn't know this until it started growing). The plant is going on it's fourth week of flowering. After about the second week I noticed balls forming and thought, oh shit, it's a hermie. So I picked all the balls off that I could find hoping that no pollination took place. Last week I noticed that seeds are starting to develop in the buds. I'm starting to see lots of trichomes as well as seeds forming, however the buds are not fattening up. Removing the plant and starting over is out of the question at this time due to some future scheduling where I won't be home to take care of it. So my question is has anyone ever tried removing the developing seeds from the buds without causing any problems and to help the buds fatten up and then as a result will new calyxs form with out seeds?

The plant is fertilized and I can’t see it being anything other than a seed plant, I’ve never heard of anyone plucking off balls from a hermie and it stopping producing seed before so that is new to me. If I were you I might consider starting over or maybe keeping it as Mother plant but then you have a small space. I look forward to seeing other input on this one. GL

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, a good picture would tell the story.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Herm won’t make a good mother . Clones and seeds will all be herms too

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh true dank

Let her/him grow, continue pulling pollen sacks, you will have alot of seeds for your next grow, and your bud wont be as strong as it could have been this one... The only other option is to cut it and start over but in your case you cannot.

It will focus on creating seeds, not your thc and cbd as much! But after picking all the seeds out you will still have a smokable product.

You can always extract what does come from it and create a concentrate!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I've read that the seeds will be female. Is that correct? Anyhow I probably won't use them since I'm growing in a small space. The first plant I did was an indica and I was pleasantly surprised by the results. Also made some good canna butter and brownies from it. I was just hoping this one would have turned out as well if not better since the stuff that it came from is pretty good. today is the start of week four. I'm just hoping the buds will start to fatten up in the next few weeks. They really look stringy. It was a real disappointment to see it go hermie. Anyhow I bought some fem Northern Lights and those will be my next grow. Thanks

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        A good number of them "should be". However genetics will decide if they are, or if they all will be hermie. Not all of them will be 100% female. Even in perfect conditions, a few will come out male or hermie. But test a few out
        You could have just saved hundreds of dollars down the road. Next season plant 10 in the woods, see how they go. But dont be stupid and plant them all in the same area where the po po will see them by air!

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok here is how it works . If u used the herm to pollinate a none herm female that non-herm will produce feminized seed . But the seed from a herm plant will likely only produce more herm plants . The seeds of this plant will be useless but you can save the pollen sacks and use them to fertilize a future plan to produce feminized seeds

Got it. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X