Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much difference is there really among many cannabis strains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you alltatup about breeder descriptions! Almost feel like a child reading some of them...
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      And I feel like I'm being suckered by a car salesman!!

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      I've noticed that those with the longest strain descriptions are the ones trying their hardest to sell you their magic beans.

I agree with many points already made. I will add that I could care less about the supercalifr.....goofy ass names.
    Sell me good genetics, I'll grow it out, if I like it I'll buy more.

Give me an accurate description of ALL variations not just the favorite. I understand that there are multiple phenos, we know the breeders know, so tell us. If I know the possibilities and pick it, but I'm not impressed ok note to sell don't grow again. But if I think its supposed grow out x and y grows instead and wasn't warned another note to self.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha some of the names these breeders come up with are as weird as the buds they sell. Some are pretty creative, but still man. I have enough trouble remembering the old school classics as it is.

Can I just say I love them all, well except the head trip ones. I grow, dont sell, and have more than I'll ever use. Feds if your reading fuck you. When I grow some I have to smoke alot more than others. But sometimes those highs are better than the potent ones. I actually love the old school 3 joint smoked. Just sitting, chilling, cooking, and being with friends is what I want. Dont care. I year for the old school days. Why I love Nebula CBD so much. Helps and can just enjoy the night, friends, and the bbq on the grill.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I dunno, Redwasp, you have a big stash, you gotta be careful.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope only got a quarter ounce broken up I to 18 baggies. That's gonna be fun tagging all that if they come for me. Lol

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought you had like 90 jars full!!!!!

The Colorado vap pens King Louis is good for night. But nothing like what I just opened

Comment

msnl has GDP for about a hundred a 10 pack fems. I like it and it yeilds good .
      as for strain crap my taste is for indica dominant. its what my body likes.
      15% to 18% T is also me rather than this over 20%T super weed.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Ell I got some Blimburn GDP: haven't grown them yet, but on the next grow, I will. I'm wondering if I'll notice a significant difference from other Afghan Indicas...

My fav for quite a while has been Blue Dream. I like the "ride" that it gives. Everywhere I bought it was around 18% THC until recently every shop is selling a variety coming in around 25%. I thought, "Hey, cool, they made it a little stronger". Tried it... it sucked. The distinctive ride of BD was gone and it didn't even get me as high. This was part of the reason I decided to start my own garden. I can control the product.

There is absolutely no consistency in the recreational retail market here. I see an opportunity for someone. I do know one shop that only sells the products they grow. Known strains but with their own private label and name (e.g. Tori's Purple). Not a lot of selection but the effect and potency is consistent so they have a strong rep in the medical market.
      FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
      Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
      Flower 600w HPS
      alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
      1st grow White Widow
      Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        And I'll bet they cure their bud as well.

• Toripony
        Toripony commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yea, alltatup, I can tell the bud is jar cured. It has that dense but soft texture with a little gooey-ness when torn apart, never crumbly. They're the only shop I know that has completely control over their product. I think the owners are onto something. Most shops are catering to the "bud of the month", bragging about taste and smell. This guy grows for effect which is what I smoke it for.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Toripony Not only that, it sounds like he will sell no bud before its time--which is the way cannabis should be treated by those to whom she gives so much!! My compliments to the guy, his integrity and principles, his respect for cannabis and for his customers.

Cannabliss haha yeah I get what you mean it’s so silly. Nebula has some threads on how she used some flavored bottled chemicals and said the bud actually tasted like the bottle said it would? Hmmm so that contradicts the beliefs that you can flush your plants the last 2 weeks so you don’t taste the chemicals lol that’s silly. Then I heard oh it’s not to flush it out it’s just so the plant has to use up the nutrients it has without adding more lol it doesn’t work that way so NebulaHaze may want to edit some of her info? That’s why I laugh when people say don’t use neem in your soil you will be smoking it haha nope don’t work that way. If that’s the case good luck with all the chemicals in bottles you are pouring into your medium because according to their theory the plants sucks all that in them you smoke it. Lol. Contradicting their own beliefs. Imagine if it really worked that way? Why worry about the strain just buy whatever and add whatever flavor you want lol. That means soil growers are smoking and tasting soil? Wtf lol

Comment

This whole topic might be a blessing in disguise. I'm willing to bet there's so much confusion and duplication of strain classification out there because much of the industry isn't regulated through copy-right laws. While it's frustrating for the average grower to make sense, it most likely allows for easier access to all these strains. Just ask any farm who has gotten into legal battles with mosanto.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          MDR That's why I stick with the breeders I really trust.

Yup Monsanto is already dipping they’re fingers in the pot no pun intended. Miracle grow is partners with them in a way and miracle grow has some kind of grasp on GHTrio that why I stay away from them chemical bottle not good for us or the environment. Think about it.

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Agriculture Canada works hand in hand with Monsanto. So buy our wheat and canola. Sure to be the best gmo around.

One old stoner friend has a couple of old-stoner pearls. When I was talking about picking strains for a future grow, I was all like "oooh, oooh, THIS one is the ONE that really put me on my ass that one time!

He quiped "you know man, by the time you own a bong, you probably don't get that stoned any more." Hmmm, kinda unhappy. He also says that he doesn't really feel any difference between indica or sativa, THC or CBD. It's all the same to him.He also grows and consumers about 12-14 pounds per year, pressing it into goo, and vaping it, exclusively. I don't use anywhere near that amount, and I still get fairly stoned, on occassion. But I do have to admit that I never get as high as I did when I was in high school or college.

So yeah, I'm with guys: stick with the time-proven classics. And then when you discover something special and new, try a few yourself. But you don't have to be beholden to glossy pictures and labradoodle type names.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Clone it I am a firm believer.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          4:30 I would have to sleep in,,, have a cup of coffee and then some BB3,,,,then whats for breakfast,,,

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Really? Wow! I so envy you.

I still get very pleasantly stoned, but never BLASTED, paralyzed, hallucinating, giggling to tears, completely incapable of reading or forming complete sentences. You know, like when you get a friend high for the very first time.

I don't think I can get THAT high anymore. I've tried, fairly early in the morning, though not 4:30. And I agree, that is one off my favorite ways to spend a Saturday morning. Maybe it's a good thing I can't get THAT wasted. I'm not a kid anymore.

One of these days alltatup i'll be trying that LOL
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It's glorious.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X